Taxes must rise for social spending to increase

HP_Lee

Not the first time I hear this from a foreigner. I had a ex US colleague also said something along the same line. Another UK colleague also was telling me about how expensive it is to live here.

So stubborn you....

Minister told you already:"read the RIGHT stuff!"

It's dangerous when you anyhow read and listen things not approved by ministers.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Just buy overseas and claim back the gst before flying back lor.

For you, I think the GST savings can already pay for the trip there.

This trip i didnt buy anything, and dont intend to as i didnt bring much cash

Just contributed to Japanese Economy through hotel, food, transport and attractions.

Back from Universal Studios, already spent $1k there. Wtf!?

But otherwise, Japan is really quite cheap.

Edited by Throttle2

Statistics don't lie! From the way they run the country, expect a hell lot more to come! Mark my word.

Singapore ranked world's most expensive city for expats for 4th straight year

http://www.straitstimes.com/business/economy/singapore-ranked-worlds-most-expensive-city-for-expats-for-4th-straight-year

Not the first time I hear this from a foreigner. I had a ex US colleague also said something along the same line. Another UK colleague also was telling me about how expensive it is to live here.

Edited by Aaronlkl
  • Praise 2

âNo the true job of the government is to just maintain law and order only. NOT EVERYTHING WANT to Chap Ji Ka.

âWhen government EVERYTHING Chap Ji Ka, we know its gone case already as expenses gonna get sky rocket.

âWhen expenses get sky rocket = to need to get more money from us in the form of direct and indirect taxes.

âExample the PIC claim, intention is good as want to help people to get a kick start and start business.

âBut it is prone to abuse, end up a lot of wasted expenses and unproductive business start-up.

âThe good intention to want to help business owner ends up waste money and then later complain budget not enough and want to raise tax.

âTohlong la, the worst thing business owner want to see is that expenses keep increasing. Government Chap Ji Ka and then ownself increase expenses. End up we got to payback. How sia? haiz..

That's why I have said:

Governments in today's society are problems, not solution.

GERMAN EXPAT LAUGHS AT S'POREANS, SAYS WE PAY THE SAME TAX AS GERMANS BUT GET NOTHING IN RETURN

He say we Germans pay 35% tax but we get non employment benefits free education free health care and insurance and most of all retirement benefits.

He say You singaporeans pay your cpf 20% + 15% , what you get? When you jobless what you get? When you sick what you get ? When retire what you get?

And he say this in addition to income tax and also COE [car tax]. He say it just garhmen dun call it tax

I say no...cpf can be use for hdb and property purchase! He armchio at me and show me the apartment I could get in Germany for price of hdb in Singapore. 350k sgd can already own landed.

Then i say this house far from city, you need to drive, cars are expensive! He armchio again at me and show me price of Audi. Cost 25k euro and drive til it break.

He ask why are you so worse off in your so called " low tax " environment compare to our high tax environment??? He say bcos a lot of taxes in Singapore are not called tax.

This post first appeared in a popular local forum.

- More at AllSingaporeStuff.com https://www.allsingaporestuff.com/article/german-expat-laughs-sporeans-says-we-pay-same-tax-germans-get-nothing-return#.WhTpqZBSJw0.facebook

FB: http://fb.com/allsgstuff

The root cause of this: overpopulation.

When more people are being squeezed in a small places, resources become limited to everyone and so they tax. More people means more things need to be build, serviced and maintained, and these needs more money, and so more taxes people have to pay for squeezing more people.

• Praise 1

Statistics don't lie! From the way they run the country, expect a hell lot more to come! Mark my word.

Singapore ranked world's most expensive city for expats for 4th straight year

http://www.straitstimes.com/business/economy/singapore-ranked-worlds-most-expensive-city-for-expats-for-4th-straight-year

Expats find it expensive.......

Looks like we all have to ask for at least expat's salary  :grin:

• Praise 3

That's why I have said:

Governments in today's society are problems, not solution.

The root cause of this: overpopulation.

When more people are being squeezed in a small places, resources become limited to everyone and so they tax. More people means more things need to be build, serviced and maintained, and these needs more money, and so more taxes people have to pay for squeezing more people.

The 2 statements are contradicting.

So do you want govt to regulate free flow of labour or not? There is no free lunch in this world, there is usually trade off somewhere.

Edited by Voodooman

Anytime sis.. Just like an heart attack. It just happen.

[bigcry] [bigcry]

#myownstrategies

#1 must jump ship le, hopefully can get a good increase to offset the PIT increase

#2 buy new car

#3 start looking for golden turtle

• Praise 1

The 2 statements are contradicting.

So do you want govt to regulate free flow of labour or not? There is no free lunch in this world, there is usually trade off somewhere.

Why is it contradicting?

The two statements are describing a problem on top of another. 

1. Tax more because resources becomes more limited due to overpopulation.

2. Tax more because more costs needed for maintaining a bigger and overpopulated small country.

Depends on what kind of labor it is attracting, one that helps to fill in voids that people shunned or one that replaces the people are already capable and wants to be in.

And we are behind many developed countries in terms of technological labor.

[bigcry] [bigcry]

#myownstrategies

#1 must jump ship le, hopefully can get a good increase to offset the PIT increase

#2 buy new car

#3 start looking for golden turtle