Taxes must rise for social spending to increase

HP_Lee

I've never seen anyone with negative 161 points before.

But there's always a first time.

176 below already...

My style of writing confirms that I am from foreign private sector media and press.

Like I said, I scrutinise and provoke all those who critique the pappie gahmen policies, and give my observations based on historical facts. You can reject or deny all you want, but does not change history or what has been delivered to singapore citizens.

I just giving a taste of what it's like to be cornered by foreign press. If you can stand the heat with rational facts without low-brow behaviour or use of expletives, then maybe you passed the test and do have the right stuff to oppose pappies.

So what is your job and what taxes do you pay? How do you contribute to the household expenses?

Wait.

You did all of the above.

So we can conclude that you failed your own test and am not from any foreign press, other than a bunch of fingers pressing a foreign-made keyboard..

Edited by Terrylmt
↡ Advertisement

Lol!!! Ok ok if u say so.. lol..and btw I am a mIW

From his reply, he is not from foreign press.

Only non-press will write like him.

Unless he purposely mask himself

Why you use example from Hollywood? That is not reality. But it does reveal where most of your viewpoints originate. However, Hollywood is scripted and a fantasy.

In real life there are hard decisions for individuals and gahmen.

In real life, if gahmen were "bad guy", you would not have been educated enough to have been able to work in financial investments/trading field. You would not be able to buy a 3-room HDB with running utilities.

If gahmen were "bad guy", you would be banned from owning your Porsche and Merc. The COE would be given to more critical professions like Vratenza or Krieger (qualified medical doctors).

If gahmen were "bad guy", your cigars would be banned totally instead of allowed through trade. Your luxury watches would be taxed so highly that you would never make any profit on them.

If gahmen were "bad guy", you would not be allowed out of the country on holidays to Japan. Or that your passport would require very expensive exit visa each holiday.

*shakehead*

Until now you still cant comprehend?

Who is talking about Govt?

Muayhahahahahahah

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 1

-If you don't see anything improving, can I ask what job you do and whether you have a car?

-Your point about Uber and Grab: it has everything to do with gahmen encouraging free trade, free entry of new services, fast fibre internet and cellular data, no monopoly of taxi/private hire cars. Also the education quality which provides computer/IT literate young adults. Plus a middle-class with white-collar jobs that allows parents and kids to afford the fares. Also, citizens who earn enough such that they can afford to take driving lessons.

-Your point about 5th airport: Not 'airport' but Terminal. All terminals share the multiple runways. And foreign investments come in because of great airports and air cargo facilities and range of airlines inbound and outbound. If you tell the MNC to build factory or open office first without such infrastructure, they will tell you to fly kite.

Table wiper and I own cars in multiple countries. I grew up in the market dirt poor at and paid my own tertiary education.

Any fellow in the 3rd world country can be it savvy, are you too stupid to realised most of our it personals are from India and Vietnam or Phillipines what has that got to do with IT literacy.

I can find a job anywhere. Just to remind you those are provided by the system from previous leadership nothing to do with the present one.

Internet connection clearly give u away, I don't need fibre speed to function only YouTube generation needs them. I paid for it, cost of Internet is not the cheapest in fact one of the most expensive in the region so it is not a plus.

Uber and grab has nothing to do with the garmen nothing to do with monopoly, don't give the garmen credit for whatever they didn't do.

Agreed in the error of airports.

• Praise 1

My observations and input to your points in this part:

-Your CPF is not "lent" back to you. You are free to use all of your OA to pay for your home. And CPF has been disbursing it without default. (If you have car, the scrap paper value is also returned without default.) And seniors receive their payouts on time, no default. If you renounce citizenship, you get full amount including interest accumulated, without default. And if you want higher returns, you are free to invest as you please, right? And what about your own savings?

-If you think gahmen has "screwed up big time", you forgot about the reserves used after SARS and after 2009 Global Financial Crisis. All these are not malicious acts to whack citizens in singapore only. They were not created by pappies to hurt citizens like you.

-As for how much social spending you need, let me ask if you have sufficient life, medical or hospitalisation insurance? Your parents? If not, then the state will have to find the money somewhere to help you and your family (but is basic and may not be to the lifestyle quality you are used to).

-As for your question about whether CPF and Medisave is enough, if the gahmen were draconian and ban all from using CPF for investment properties, or force all citizens to work in assigned jobs or offer the cheapest hospitals and underqualified doctors, then there would be more certainty over how much you can draw out at retirement.

1. OK tell me how it works when I sell my house, why do I need to repay my own interest when it was already charged. By the way, in the bank if I withdraw my own money from my own savings when have any banks defaulted? Are you dumb?

2. The reserves are the money from you and me and our forefathers, the money belongs to the people not the leaders, it is not by magically produced ove4night. What are you talking about again?

As for global financial crisis, I think you were not here, I already mentioned multiple times many has already warn about this to the leadership long before, plenty of papers on it.

3.Personally, I believe again your BS, look at the wait you need for so called help, my mother had gall stones and the public hospitals give her a 2 months wait for a minor surgery after a check citing there are many in queue, so how can that be any good? Find a way? So how much is your basic cost, give me a number.

When I eventually had to pay through my own pocket to have it done privately without any coverage or subsidy so much for your so call blanket coverage.

There is a widespread media coverage on the increase in premiums in medisafe related insurances despite your so called claims of how good it is and the prices I pay for private insurance and public isn't that much different.. Ooh guess you don't read news.

You sure about not being draconian why not allow me to take out my cpf at any point of time and not lock in the periods rather than extending it further and further. Certainty in drawing out whatever that is mine? What joke.

Can you share what job you do, and whether you have been part of the diplomatic corps?

Table wiper lor sometime clearing tables in the golf course Edited by CH_CO
  • Praise 1

Table wiper and I own cars in multiple countries. I grew up in the market dirt poor at and paid my own tertiary education.

Any fellow in the 3rd world country can be it savvy, are you too stupid to realised most of our it personals are from India and Vietnam or Phillipines what has that got to do with IT literacy.

I can find a job anywhere. Just to remind you those are provided by the system from previous leadership nothing to do with the present one.

Internet connection clearly give u away, I don't need fibre speed to function only YouTube generation needs them. I paid for it, cost of Internet is not the cheapest in fact one of the most expensive in the region so it is not a plus.

Uber and grab has nothing to do with the garmen nothing to do with monopoly, don't give the garmen credit for whatever they didn't do.

Agreed in the error of airports.

Be careful ah

He is from some foreign publishing house and runs some family office

Very big time one

And most importantly, he cannot comprehend what you write becos he is very smart and gutsy one

Be careful ah

He is from some foreign publishing house and runs some family office

Very big time one

And most importantly, he cannot comprehend what you write becos he is very smart and gutsy one

ð¤£ð

OK cần thanks I will go back to hiding then signing off.

Another commando ranger special forces.

Edited by CH_CO

-Can you list the promises that pappies have failed to deliver?

-Before you get angry about taxes, ask yourself if you would be happy if the Opposition suggested a drawdown of the reserves over 5 years, and then make it compulsory for the taxes of your children to be raised later?

-Alternatively, if you "kick out" PM LHL, do you think a new PM from WP will suddenly cut all taxes? And give you free COE? Sustainable for how long?

-And your grouse about ministers' salaries: I look at the flip side, as the ministers never create policies which prevent citizens from earning whatever their talents and skills can bring them. You are free to choose any job you qualify for. You can even work overseas and start your own company. You can even list your company if it qualifies. You can tender for gahmen jobs. You can join any political party and get invited to exco if you are able and willing.

If one is capable why not, promises?

World class transport, Swiss level of living, 8 hours work, lesser foreign worker dependency, world Cup! Multiple millions spent.

Can you tell me what increase in spending that leads to this justification in taxes, just name them then.

As for tenders for public jobs, I think you just forgot the recent collapse in one of the road parts which result in deaths is actually won a tender by a company owned a family member of a certain mp

Question back at you

Edited by CH_CO

I am simple person

let try to see if inflation is truly 1-2%pa for a simple guy like me

UP below denotes more than 2%pa at least over last 5yrs

Cost of petrol UP

Cost of B&B cars UP

Cost of public transport UP

Cost of hawker food UP

Cost of foodcourt food UP

Cost of housing FLAT

Cost of non branded clothes UP

Cost of medical services UP

Cost of education UP

Cost of toiletries and daily necessities UP

Cosg of communication services UP

Aiyoh i scared to go on.....

How am i going to truly retire by 2028???

Sigh

Edited by Throttle2

My style of writing confirms that I am from foreign private sector media and press.

Like I said, I scrutinise and provoke all those who critique the pappie gahmen policies, and give my observations based on historical facts. You can reject or deny all you want, but does not change history or what has been delivered to singapore citizens.

I just giving a taste of what it's like to be cornered by foreign press. If you can stand the heat with rational facts without low-brow behaviour or use of expletives, then maybe you passed the test and do have the right stuff to oppose pappies.

So what is your job and what taxes do you pay? How do you contribute to the household expenses?

[rolleyes]

Why don't you answer your own questions?

Who are you?

Where do you stay?

Who do you work for? (Company name)

What taxes do you pay?

How do you contribute to your household expenses?

• Praise 9

[rolleyes]

Why don't you answer your own questions?

Who are you?

Where do you stay?

Who do you work for? (Company name)

What taxes do you pay?

How do you contribute to your household expenses?

Who are you? I am a man

Where do you stay? I stay in Singapore

Who do you work for? I work for Ah Gong

What taxes do you pay? Income Tax, GST, import tax, property tax

How do you contribute to your household expenses? I don’t.. that’s what my Wife always way..

• Praise 1