New In-vehicle unit

Nikelashi

would like to know if it is normal when my IU beeps and deducts the money about 5-8 seconds after i pass the ERP.

the older IU, where it only accepts cashcard, beeps almost instantly the moment i pass the gantry. however, this new one has a lag time and i wonder if it's the same for all out there. it's the same when i pass through carpark gantry with the EPS. the barrier comes up but doesnt deduct, only after 5-8s then it deducts.

thanks.

↡ Advertisement

would like to know if it is normal when my IU beeps and deducts the money about 5-8 seconds after i pass the ERP.

the older IU, where it only accepts cashcard, beeps almost instantly the moment i pass the gantry. however, this new one has a lag time and i wonder if it's the same for all out there. it's the same when i pass through carpark gantry with the EPS. the barrier comes up but doesnt deduct, only after 5-8s then it deducts.

thanks.

mine's the same as yours.. 'retarded' deduction [laugh]

wonder what happens if u pass thru, the first beep (supposedly let the gantry know u have a valid cashcard), before the second beep (for deduction), the connection to the IU is cut? [sly]

mine's the same as yours.. 'retarded' deduction [laugh]

wonder what happens if u pass thru, the first beep (supposedly let the gantry know u have a valid cashcard), before the second beep (for deduction), the connection to the IU is cut? [sly]

try and let us know [sly] [sly]

thanks.

Yes, its the same as mine. Too bad that it has not forgotten to deduct at all for the past 2 years.

mine really "forgot" to deduct money once. I passed thru an erp gantry but no beep from the IU at all, money also not deducted. Thought I lucky, but 2 weeks later, LTA sent me love letter to date me go inspection to check my IU

mine really "forgot" to deduct money once. I passed thru an erp gantry but no beep from the IU at all, money also not deducted. Thought I lucky, but 2 weeks later, LTA sent me love letter to date me go inspection to check my IU

that's the problem. went through gantry but no 'beep', also received love letter saying there's no valid cashcard in the IU. problem is my cashcard is always in the unit unless topping up. don't know if it's the problem with my IU or not, since it's so retarded.

that's the problem. went through gantry but no 'beep', also received love letter saying there's no valid cashcard in the IU. problem is my cashcard is always in the unit unless topping up. don't know if it's the problem with my IU or not, since it's so retarded.

Bro, I think we were in the same situation. My cashcard is also always in the IU with enough value for deduction.

I actually tried calling up LTA to check. They said their system shows an error code that says problem with my IU. But I passed thru 2 other ERP gantries with successful deduction about 20 min ago. Anyway inspection also showed my IU no problem. I was excused from paying the toll for that particular gantry, but I ended up paying more in terms of time and petrol for the inspection. By the way, I'm on the new IU too

thanks.

Yeah, same for me. Now u mentioned, it does seem the old IU reacts faster. What the heck?

↡ Advertisement