Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
35 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:43 PM

Cyee_29
  • Cyee_29
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

hi bros/sis, i need some advice for camry 2.4 suspension problem. about 2 months ago I started to notice a weird sound coming from the back left wheel. when my camry drove pass a hump or uneven road condition, the left back wheel would give out a 'klo-klo' sounds, and it had just got worse these few days. It feel as if the oil tanks gonna drop off!

I asked a friends who told me could be suspension problem. Any bros can give some advice ? Can I just drive to toyota and ask them to check ? And if it is suspension problem, how much it cost to replace it ?

thanks a lot

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:59 PM

Tommimakinen
  • Tommimakinen
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

had the same problem on the front shocks... changed it... noise gone.... problem gone...

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:41 AM

Elfenstar
  • Premium member
    Elfenstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

hi bros/sis, i need some advice for camry 2.4 suspension problem. about 2 months ago I started to notice a weird sound coming from the back left wheel. when my camry drove pass a hump or uneven road condition, the left back wheel would give out a 'klo-klo' sounds, and it had just got worse these few days. It feel as if the oil tanks gonna drop off!

I asked a friends who told me could be suspension problem. Any bros can give some advice ? Can I just drive to toyota and ask them to check ? And if it is suspension problem, how much it cost to replace it ?

thanks a lot

If its shot, go to the stockist, buy the suspension for the rear, then head to your regular workshop to change. Far cheaper than BM

"I drift not because it is a quicker way around a corner, but it is the most exciting way"
- Keiichi Tsuchiya

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:34 AM

Camrysfa
  • Premium member
    Camrysfa
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Did mine ( 2L Camry., JDM) recently for abt $750/- (front 2 shocks only plus stopper).
I always leave it to the wshp to do everything, so it won’t be the cheapest deal.

Done at petrol stn car servicing shop.

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:02 AM

Keithchue
  • Premium member
    Keithchue
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Think it will be time to fet a second quote for repair. 750 for front 2 shock is a bit expensive.
every day wont be the same after you make a wrong decision.

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:08 AM

Hotfavourite
just another car, just another driver....also same problem.....

i went to a car workshop, requested him to go over hump....while i passenger.. hmmp.! turns out when i go over hump, i go too fast.... so will kok kok... issit correct..? cos when he drove over the hump...seems so stable and quiet....

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:13 AM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Did mine ( 2L Camry., JDM) recently for abt $750/- (front 2 shocks only plus stopper).
I always leave it to the wshp to do everything, so it won’t be the cheapest deal.

Done at petrol stn car servicing shop.

$750 is Hanip's price,they used the original parts,O.E.M. only costs about $400...

Fairlady.

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:06 PM

Cyee_29
  • Cyee_29
    Clutched
    Author Image

hmm this looks like a common problem on camry ... any bros/sis know good workshop in replacing/repair suspension for camry at affordable price, near jurong/bukit batok area?

many thanks

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:19 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

hmm this looks like a common problem on camry ... any bros/sis know good workshop in replacing/repair suspension for camry at affordable price, near jurong/bukit batok area?

many thanks

Camry's suspension are very tough already,usually these sound will come around 80k km...tear & wear occur on every car.

Fairlady.

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:58 AM

Furrynadz
  • Premium member
    Furrynadz
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

stock very soft
u can get KYB at veresamy road

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:47 AM

Cyee_29
  • Cyee_29
    Clutched
    Author Image

stock very soft
u can get KYB at veresamy road

Hi bro, can pass me the contact? Btw do normally ppl bring parts to WS and ask them to replace ? Feel like quite paiseh to do so ?

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:52 PM

Tireburner
  • Tireburner
    5th Gear
    Author Image

$750 is Hanip's price,they used the original parts,O.E.M. only costs about $400...

Isn't O.E.M already the original, Original Equipment Maker? Or there's something more original than OEM?

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:57 PM

Tireburner
  • Tireburner
    5th Gear
    Author Image

many thanks

I had the front two coils replaced last year when my 2.0 was below 3 years old. Mileage at that was around 30 plus thousand KM. So far all four are ok.

What's your mileage? Let us know how much after you've changed cos I think sooner or later I'll need it too. Thanks.

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:22 PM

Furrynadz
  • Premium member
    Furrynadz
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Hi bro, can pass me the contact? Btw do normally ppl bring parts to WS and ask them to replace ? Feel like quite paiseh to do so ?

http://www.yuenthong.com/kyb.html

remember u need to change the rest cups..etc inside front suspension as well if worn out
the shop beside has them, "connard " or something the name

Edited by Furrynadz, 04 September 2012 - 03:24 PM.

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:17 PM

Cyee_29
  • Cyee_29
    Clutched
    Author Image

I had the front two coils replaced last year when my 2.0 was below 3 years old. Mileage at that was around 30 plus thousand KM. So far all four are ok.

What's your mileage? Let us know how much after you've changed cos I think sooner or later I'll need it too. Thanks.

hi bro, i havent changed, maybe this or next weekend, gotta find time for it, all WS closed after 6pm :(

mileage 59k ... not sure should change all 4 or just the rear absorbers. though now the sound seem to come from the rear wheels only

autosaver quoted $700 for rear absorbers, another forumer PM me for $500 ...

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:26 PM

Furrynadz
  • Premium member
    Furrynadz
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

hi bro, i havent changed, maybe this or next weekend, gotta find time for it, all WS closed after 6pm :(

mileage 59k ... not sure should change all 4 or just the rear absorbers. though now the sound seem to come from the rear wheels only

autosaver quoted $700 for rear absorbers, another forumer PM me for $500 ...

change all 4
camry rear tend to go first, changed mine around 60k mark also

700 that price too much
KYB excelg should be 250-ish a corner

last time was 200

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:46 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Isn't O.E.M already the original, Original Equipment Maker? Or there's something more original than OEM?

Almost the same except original got the word "TOYOTA" marked on the body,while O.E.M. marked the Mfg name like Koni or KYB.

Fairlady.

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:03 AM

Camrysfa
  • Premium member
    Camrysfa
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

My rough idea: Toyota does not manufacture shock absorbers. They use market brands such as KYB. So, if your Toyota originally comes with a KYB, then it is the OEM part.
OEM part is the most expensive. If you want a lower cost replacement, they will give brand B.

BTW shock absorbers/struts/coils are the same thing?

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:20 AM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

My rough idea: Toyota does not manufacture shock absorbers. They use market brands such as KYB. So, if your Toyota originally comes with a KYB, then it is the OEM part.
OEM part is the most expensive. If you want a lower cost replacement, they will give brand B.

BTW shock absorbers/struts/coils are the same thing?

Yes,Toyota buys parts from suppliers,but those supplied parts will not have their own brand marked on it.

Fairlady.

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:36 PM

Tireburner
  • Tireburner
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Thanks to all for provideing the info on Toyota suspension.

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Quick Reply

Tags: Camry, suspension, Camry, problem and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users