Ruber hub centric ring or aluminium centric ring better?

LoverofCar

As we know for aftermarket sport rim, sometime the centre hub doesn't fit exactly to the car. So a plastic centric ring is used for aftermarket rim fittment. I heard that rubber ring is better than aluminium type as it take vibration better...of course down side is that, it have to be changed frequently if it deformed. It can changed during tyre rotation....Do anyone have experience in this to share? And is these rings absolutely needed?

snap-49.jpg

snap1-8.jpg

↡ Advertisement

yes, rubber ring for better vibration but cant take the load. i still prefer aluminium type.

isn't the load suppose to be taken up by the rim bolt and nuts?...anyone tried going without it on bigger hub?

Edited by LoverofCar

It is mis-perception that the the screws and nuts are suppose to take the weight. But the truth is, the centre hub is supposed to take the load instead. The screws and nuts are just serving the purpose of securing the wheels, they are not design to take the impact load of the road defects transmitted from the wheels.

It is mis-perception that the the screws and nuts are suppose to take the weight. But the truth is, the centre hub is supposed to take the load instead. The screws and nuts are just serving the purpose of securing the wheels, they are not design to take the impact load of the road defects transmitted from the wheels.

[thumbsup]

MY personal opinion , both material serve same purpose. But

metal will corrode and you may have problem to remove when you need TO mount you spare tyre .

well treated metal can overcome above issue.