Asia Hotel Bangkok?

Mockngbrd

So what's the backstory on this hotel?

AsiaHotelBangkokExterior.jpg

Initially read/heard it was the hotel with a big fire, but after digging, found out the hotel with fire wasn't Asia at all, but a nearby one called FIRST Hotel, which is still there today.

It seems lots of ppl mistake the First hotel's fire for Asia Hotel.

2631759-First-Hotel-Bangkok-Hotel-Exterior-1.jpg

Link to First Hotel fire story: First Hotel Bangkok Hauntings

So anyone with any backstory to why Asia is so creepy?

map of Asia / First: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=first+hotel+...mp;t=m&z=17

↡ Advertisement

stayed both First Hotel and Asia Hotel before. Didn't kanna any funny things at night but both hotels are old and run-down. Especially First Hotel

I stayed there(Asia Hotel) once alone on a work trip in 2007. What's so creepy about it?

Only thing pissed me off is the person assigning taxi to the hotel at the airport. Told him I'm staying at Asia hotel repeatedly when he finally got it he said, "oh, Ah..see...iah Hotel" as though I had mispronounced it. [rolleyes]

So remember if you are going to BKK and is staying at this hotel make sure you tell the cabby it's Ah..see..iah hotel. OK?

I stayed there(Asia Hotel) once alone on a work trip in 2007. What's so creepy about it?

i dunno, just keep hearing stories bout it. i stayed once, nothing happened. but it was a shitty hotel.

Can try using chopstick hit the bowl at 12 midnite w some food next to it or bend ur body down and look under ur legs...maybe shld be able to see something... this one watch movie say one... [laugh]

i dunno, just keep hearing stories bout it. i stayed once, nothing happened. but it was a shitty hotel.

Yeah, it's pretty shitty but boh pian that time I went was in the month of Dec, the better hotels in the area are fully booked.

Initially read/heard it was the hotel with a big fire, but after digging, found out the hotel with fire wasn't Asia at all, but a nearby one called FIRST Hotel, which is still there today.

The reason: A typical story involves guests waking up just in time to see ghostly figures sitting on the sofa staring at them, only to vanish into thin air. A big fire engulfed parts of the hotel in the 80's. The body of a Singaporean singer by the name of Shi Ni was found charred beyond recognition in the hotel's nightclub

on the 1st night. pple who stay at asia hotel will know. they use those dim orangy lights through the whole hotel. the toilet was quite dim too. when i was washing my face at the basin, when i lift up my head i saw a man's face right beside mine on the mirror. it was gone within spilt seconds so i thot might be my wrong vision and continue to take my shower. i didnt tell my frds abt it as i dun wan to spoil their mood or over-reacting.

its until 2nd night when we have our dinner. my frds who were stayin at the room next to us told us that they saw black shadowe flashin pass and hear murmurings when they are in their room. so in the end 4 of end up sleeping in our room on the 2nd night. i still not tell them wat i saw at the toliet. it was a wrong decision to move to our room. the feeling when u walk into their room and ours is totally diff. we feel very cosy when entering their room. but our room have that "unoccupied smell" and a pressure when we enter.

before we when back to the hotel, my frd who was stayin with me keep complain she was very sleepy n tired but the weird things is that. once she is back to our room. she just couldnt sleep. while i was sleeping that night, i feel that something was "touching" up and down my body. but to keep calm i told myself its my blood flowing. until the final strike. i start hearing knock sounds from the end of our beds where we put our lagguage. the knock sound keep occuring until i finally cant take it. i wake my frds up who were already sleepin like dead logs. i went forward to check. its the sound make by the handle of my lagguage. when the handle is lifted up, once release it will have the knockin sound.

i told them somethings wrong. without asking much, we rush down to the lobby to request for a change of room. but the reception told us the hotel was already fully book at the moment. Then we realise they might have gave us those "special rooms" becos we insisted of stayin at asia hotel. we stay at the lobby until morning. its the 1st time we encounter such incident. we realise there is a statue of four-face buddha just outside the hotel. there the story continues....

we when back to my room n move all our stuff to the next room. we have our half day city tour on the 3rd day. we told our guide wat happen. his reply is "asia STILL have?". he told us that it shouldnt happen after they have the statue of four-face buddha there. we ask him what other hotels is haunted. i can only remember he told us baiyoke sky hotel.

....I wonder why 6 of my mates who went to Baiyoke Sky Hotel to eat the buffet when we were there from 1st-4th sep fell sick with lao sai and vomiting , 1 even have to go to the hospital and spent 17k baht with no overnight stay...after further poking around, found it also happen to a malaysian tour group who were there 1 week before our arrival :ph34r:

<Futher Poking>

ya , Genting got alot .

my cousin friend stay in teh hotel ,

the bed below got dead body .

den the manager giv them money to close thier mouth .

hm , nt sure .

i also heard the genting got put feng shui and stuff .

u guys know any ?

my cousin say , inside the gambling place ,

got put children clothings .

freaky .

I have heard from my brother that he enountered some strange happenings when he was taking the lift of a Genting Hotel. The lift was supposed to go down, but goes up instead to a floor where it's vacant & totally dark, & the door cannot close, despite pressing OPEN button. My brother took out his buddhist necklace & point it to the lift exit. Only then did the door close & he safely reaches the hotel lobby.

Edited by I-LOVE-CARS

The reason: A typical story involves guests waking up just in time to see ghostly figures sitting on the sofa staring at them, only to vanish into thin air. A big fire engulfed parts of the hotel in the 80's. The body of a Singaporean singer by the name of Shi Ni was found charred beyond recognition in the hotel's nightclub

that's the story i linked, not Asia hotel lat all

From what i heard, the formal First Hotel site was rebuilt as Asia Hotel while first hotel moved to another location.... [:/] how true, i have no idea

Edited: I don think the above theory is true...

Edited 2: The story just get more confusing...

I can still recall newspaper reports about a big fire which engulfed parts of a Bangkok Hotel in the 1980s. Sensational tabloid-style headings splashed across the Chinese evening papers for the entire week, carrying riveting reports of the death lists which included many Singaporeans. The body of a popular Singaporean singer by the name of Shi Ni (詩妮) was found charred almost beyond recognition in the hotel's nightclub. I still have recollection of her appearance of the popular Channel 8 variety show programme, belting out Chinese 80s pop.....and then suddenly, she's gone, in a tragic way and in a foreign land. "詩妮母女,緊抱一処,髒身火海“(Shi Ni and Mum perished in fire -- bodies found hugging tightly to each other) - read the tabloid news on the very front page of the two evening papers. I followed the tragic event very closely for that week, and i must admit that, for a very young boy, my command of the Chinese language was quite way beyond my years to be able to comprehand the evening papers so well.

And of course, the name of the unfortunate hotel is etched deeply in my mind till this very day - Asia Hotel in Bangkok. Today, few people can still remember that fire twenty years ago..........but the myriad of spooky encounters by my friends and members of the internet community attests to the grim past of the hotel.....

Is First Hotel in the '80s= Present Asia Hotel?

BangkokHotel68_jpg.jpg

asia72_jpg.jpg

first72_jpg.jpg

first05_jpg.jpg

Edited by I-LOVE-CARS

first time in my life somewhere in 2008 while i was in thailand, sri racha, near laem chabang, the hotel bayview or city view, something like that, went to the room felt a very high pitched sound, like those TV signal, then also felt something not right...

first night sleep, kena pushed, and cannot move, and i was wide awake....then in my heart i said KNNBCCB, OrMiTorHoot, Amen, Allah is great... after a while, i can move, then i take out my underwear, and thai bhat, and put on the side table beside the bed, and slept naked...(my thai corlicks said thai bhat useful cos got thai king face...in thai, he is like god)

then pang sai also felt something watching me...next morning, i told my thai corlicks, and they asked me to change room....but i stayed on for another 3 nights....until i become sibeh tulan....cannot sleep well at night....then i shouted.."KNNBCCB, come out lah...want to play issit..."

4th nite i changed to my other corlick room coz he go back to singapore....

that was my one and only encounter

Edited by Rncw

on the 1st night. pple who stay at asia hotel will know. they use those dim orangy lights through the whole hotel. the toilet was quite dim too. when i was washing my face at the basin, when i lift up my head i saw a man's face right beside mine on the mirror. it was gone within spilt seconds so i thot might be my wrong vision and continue to take my shower. i didnt tell my frds abt it as i dun wan to spoil their mood or over-reacting.

its until 2nd night when we have our dinner. my frds who were stayin at the room next to us told us that they saw black shadowe flashin pass and hear murmurings when they are in their room. so in the end 4 of end up sleeping in our room on the 2nd night. i still not tell them wat i saw at the toliet. it was a wrong decision to move to our room. the feeling when u walk into their room and ours is totally diff. we feel very cosy when entering their room. but our room have that "unoccupied smell" and a pressure when we enter.

before we when back to the hotel, my frd who was stayin with me keep complain she was very sleepy n tired but the weird things is that. once she is back to our room. she just couldnt sleep. while i was sleeping that night, i feel that something was "touching" up and down my body. but to keep calm i told myself its my blood flowing. until the final strike. i start hearing knock sounds from the end of our beds where we put our lagguage. the knock sound keep occuring until i finally cant take it. i wake my frds up who were already sleepin like dead logs. i went forward to check. its the sound make by the handle of my lagguage. when the handle is lifted up, once release it will have the knockin sound.

i told them somethings wrong. without asking much, we rush down to the lobby to request for a change of room. but the reception told us the hotel was already fully book at the moment. Then we realise they might have gave us those "special rooms" becos we insisted of stayin at asia hotel. we stay at the lobby until morning. its the 1st time we encounter such incident. we realise there is a statue of four-face buddha just outside the hotel. there the story continues....

we when back to my room n move all our stuff to the next room. we have our half day city tour on the 3rd day. we told our guide wat happen. his reply is "asia STILL have?". he told us that it shouldnt happen after they have the statue of four-face buddha there. we ask him what other hotels is haunted. i can only remember he told us baiyoke sky hotel.

....I wonder why 6 of my mates who went to Baiyoke Sky Hotel to eat the buffet when we were there from 1st-4th sep fell sick with lao sai and vomiting , 1 even have to go to the hospital and spent 17k baht with no overnight stay...after further poking around, found it also happen to a malaysian tour group who were there 1 week before our arrival :ph34r:

<Futher Poking>

ya , Genting got alot .

my cousin friend stay in teh hotel ,

the bed below got dead body .

den the manager giv them money to close thier mouth .

hm , nt sure .

i also heard the genting got put feng shui and stuff .

u guys know any ?

my cousin say , inside the gambling place ,

got put children clothings .

freaky .

I have heard from my brother that he enountered some strange happenings when he was taking the lift of a Genting Hotel. The lift was supposed to go down, but goes up instead to a floor where it's vacant & totally dark, & the door cannot close, despite pressing OPEN button. My brother took out his buddhist necklace & point it to the lift exit. Only then did the door close & he safely reaches the hotel lobby.

which door work close with pressing open button one?

I've gone past booking hotels on my trips to bangkok, i now get a relatively new service apartment fully furnished with wireless internet, LCD TVs in each room, spacious accomodation, kitchen etc for good deal (e.g. SGD$100 per night for 2 bedroom apartment).

I don't need breakfast, or concierge. Just clean rooms, and reasonable service. And the locations i get are usually central and easy to get around by taxi or the Bangkok Metro.

Try this website for value service apartments - www.sabaai.com

Edited by Nullifi3d

Asia Hotel? is it the one that is directly connected to a BTS station, very near to MBK?

if it is, i stayed there b4 once, on holiday. Ppl got alot of stories abt this hotel. Stories about staying on certain floors.

The room tat i stayed, got a big hole on the ceiling, at the room door. It's like those air con duct, but its a damm big hole, very dark and never ending. Looks freaky that i can imagine somethnig will crawl out from it at night. But thank God, nothing happened during my stay of 3-4 nights.

I think i'm been quite blessed. Never kena strange things in overseas hotels so far.

then i take out my underwear, and thai bhat, and put on the side table beside the bed, and slept naked...(my thai corlicks said thai bhat useful cos got thai king face...in thai, he is like god)

y u take out underwear?

From the links i posted, no, First hotel did not become Asia hotel, that's y i also wondering how come so many stories point the hotel fire to Asia hotel instead of First hotel. You can see the google map and google street view, First Hotel is still there.

y u take out underwear?

From the links i posted, no, First hotel did not become Asia hotel, that's y i also wondering how come so many stories point the hotel fire to Asia hotel instead of First hotel. You can see the google map and google street view, First Hotel is still there.

hope for a free BJ... [:p]

to let my positive 'qi' to protect me....that place quite near to the white dragon king temple, which i visited in 2009

↡ Advertisement