• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
11 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:45 PM

Kianbeng
  • Premium member
    Kianbeng
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi guys,

My 2009 Fielder's cooling coil is leaking. So I'm looking around for resources and some info. Probably will check with a few shops on monday but was thinking of asking if anyone with the above models have had similar issues and how much was the cost of repair?

I've called 2 shops which are opened today and found that this model is more expensive than Toyota Altis which is around $330-$350.

I'm probably also going to call up a few stockist to see if I can buy the coil directly but sometimes for such aircon parts it's difficult cos if it's leaking then everyone will be pushing the blame around. so probably will still go to 1 shop and get it all done.

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:44 PM

Ivanpaseo
  • Premium member
    Ivanpaseo
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

maybe you want to try tong bee auto in bukit merah you try get a quote from the uncle and compare the prices. I always get my part from there, recently diy my coil change also as it leaks. my uncle doing aircon work so i borrow gas and vaccum pump for my diy.

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:45 AM

Boxster
  • Premium member
    Boxster
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Maybe you can ask the price at Mega Power they are one of the stockist for a/c parts

By the way how did they pin point that is the cooling coil leaking?

Edited by Boxster, 10 September 2012 - 07:48 AM.

男人不坏女人不爱
男人有钱就变坏
女人变坏就有钱

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:50 PM

Kianbeng
  • Premium member
    Kianbeng
    6th Gear
    Author Image

maybe you want to try tong bee auto in bukit merah you try get a quote from the uncle and compare the prices. I always get my part from there, recently diy my coil change also as it leaks. my uncle doing aircon work so i borrow gas and vaccum pump for my diy.

ok thks Have only been to Tomika this morning.

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:06 PM

Kianbeng
  • Premium member
    Kianbeng
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Maybe you can ask the price at Mega Power they are one of the stockist for a/c parts

By the way how did they pin point that is the cooling coil leaking?

The diagnosis was done at my usual workshop. It was guess work but one that was done with best effort.

1) Pressure on the meter shows 100+. Should have been 200+.

2) No leak observed outside. ie pipes, condenser, ....

There were a few other observations ie cold/hot pipes, 2nd speed fan, ..... but those are just other symptoms as a result of low pressure. But so, the remaining possibility lies with the leak at the evaporator side which they can only confirm after opening the dash. Based on experience of any aircon mechs, this is a fairly common problem. Nowadays with aluminium coils, it's very thin, very fast cooling but the downside is the durability. Gone are the old days with Copper coils but very inefficient cooling. Can't have best of both worlds. :(

So my regular workshop asked me to go find a dedicated aircon shop to do it. Of course they can also recommend. Or help me outsource to their "partners" but knowing me for so long, they just cut all the crap and told me the truth. But for many other car owners, they would have accepted the job and then pass to another shop to do. Many car owners also prefer 1 stop shop mentality.

Posted 06 September 2016 - 03:22 PM

AcuraNSX
  • Premium member
    AcuraNSX
    Clutched
    Author Image

The diagnosis was done at my usual workshop. It was guess work but one that was done with best effort.

1) Pressure on the meter shows 100+. Should have been 200+.

2) No leak observed outside. ie pipes, condenser, ....

There were a few other observations ie cold/hot pipes, 2nd speed fan, ..... but those are just other symptoms as a result of low pressure. But so, the remaining possibility lies with the leak at the evaporator side which they can only confirm after opening the dash. Based on experience of any aircon mechs, this is a fairly common problem. Nowadays with aluminium coils, it's very thin, very fast cooling but the downside is the durability. Gone are the old days with Copper coils but very inefficient cooling. Can't have best of both worlds. :(

So my regular workshop asked me to go find a dedicated aircon shop to do it. Of course they can also recommend. Or help me outsource to their "partners" but knowing me for so long, they just cut all the crap and told me the truth. But for many other car owners, they would have accepted the job and then pass to another shop to do. Many car owners also prefer 1 stop shop mentality.

How was the repair? Ok now? By the way I sent my Renault to Mark Cool once, instead of replacing the entire compressor Ah Huat told me frankly can just change one of the valves inside. Previously 2 other workshops told me need to replace entire compressor. Just FYI.

Posted 12 March 2017 - 12:28 PM

Toyotaftw
  • Premium member
    Toyotaftw
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Anyone knows where can I buy axio 2007 aircon low pressure discharge hose from? Ric tat and transglober doesn't sell it..

Posted 12 March 2017 - 03:53 PM

OngBrother
  • Premium member
    OngBrother
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Anyone knows where can I buy axio 2007 aircon low pressure discharge hose from? Ric tat and transglober doesn't sell it..

Maybe I can help u ask but u need to go down to kaki Bukit autobay to collect is that ok?

Posted 12 March 2017 - 04:30 PM

Toyotaftw
  • Premium member
    Toyotaftw
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Maybe I can help u ask but u need to go down to kaki Bukit autobay to collect is that ok?

Hi OngBrother, yes I can go down to collect. Can help me ask the pricing for high and low pressure discharge hose? Thank you.

Posted 12 March 2017 - 04:52 PM

OngBrother
  • Premium member
    OngBrother
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Sure I ll give it to u by tonight.May I ask u buying it for your cars or someone?

Edited by OngBrother, 12 March 2017 - 04:53 PM.

Posted 12 March 2017 - 06:32 PM

Toyotaftw
  • Premium member
    Toyotaftw
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Sure I ll give it to u by tonight.May I ask u buying it for your cars or someone?

For my own car

Posted 10 September 2018 - 05:25 PM

Kenxon
  • Kenxon
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Is it neccessary to change evaporator is suspected leak 

any workshop can seal the leak with AC leak sealer?

for Altis, what is the price range to replace? 

Thank you

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Quick Reply

Tags: Axio, Fielder, evaporator and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users