Northern Thai Restaurant

Fcw75

Are they opening hours still the same? Or have they extended it to dinner as well? The tom yam soup is still the best I have taken in sg. But the problem is they don't open for dinner and public holidays

Open till 6pm only. Rest on Sunday and public holidays.

Yes, the Tom yam soup is sedap! :D

Haha....Just finsih eating da bao Northern THai

Had their pineapple rice and Tom Yam! Indeed Sedap!

Their Tom Yam esp, looks creamy and thick not too sour.

Green Curry only avail next week as told.

Though portion of all their dishes r pretty limited.

Edited by Tayspiderx
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

Open till 6pm only. Rest on Sunday and public holidays.

Yes, the Tom yam soup is sedap!

What a pity, was thinking to go try it on Sunday! [:(]

I love spicy Thai food.

Supercharged

Yes, parking is hard to find during lunchtime. I go during non-peak hour.

Where do you guys normal park your car? Just in front of the shop (if lots available) or behind those small lanes, like Little Road?

The rest of thailand

Sawadee klub kop khun klub

i don't diiscredit what Fcw75 has just said. I did read from a Vietnam War correspondent's memoirs that detachments of KMT troops were encountered though such brief glimpses were more in the lawless Golden Triangle region. Read "Death in The Rice Fields" I think the question could be best answered by tracing much further back in time. If we consider the Indochina region comprising the modern national boundaries of Myanmar, Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia, the earliest inhabitants of this region was actually the Mon and Khmer people who are dark-skinned. The current inhabitants of Thailand mostly trace their ancestry and lineage to tribal people and the minority which resided in South Western China. There is documentation of the migration of the Tai people from South Western China into the mainland South East Asia too.

This exodus southwards is speculated to have been attributed to a push factor; the push southwards by Han Chinese away from the cradle of their civilisation i.e. the Yellow River Valley.

Meanwhile in southern Thailand, these lands used to be Malay Sultanates which were subsequently forcibly annexed by then Siam in the early 20th century, just when the British were pushing northwards in Malaya. Much of the people in southern Thailand are ethnic Malays who are dark skinned. Of course throughout the post war period, the Thai government practised a surreptitious assimilation campaign by encouraging mainstream Thais to migrate and stay permanently in the Southern provinces. This "Siamisation" campaign was not very different from the "Sino-isation" assimilation campaign the Beijing conducted in Tibet.

• Praise 1

B'cos of the construction going on just in front so they closed shop. Hope they can come back when coffeshop re-open as it is within walking distance to my area. [:p]

Hypersonic
(edited)

Need bros to recommend a good Thai restaurant in East Coast or city area. Need to host for about 16+ visitors coming from US, Europe, Japan, Korea and China. Price is not a concern.

If had good recommendation for Indonesia or Vietnam restaurant, please also recommend.

Thank you. [flowerface]

Edited by Tohto

Need bros to recommend a good Thai restaurant in East Coast or city area. Need to host for about 16+ visitors coming from US, Europe, Japan, Korea and China. Price is not a concern.

Either Golden Mile Complex or Golden Mile Tower, many many thai restaurant.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Either Golden Mile Complex or Golden Mile Tower, many many thai restaurant.

Cannot lah, at least some restaurant with some class...

Visitor had my company division VP, manager around the world office.

Turbocharged

Google. Usually the more expensive ones will come up first. [laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1

My ang mo directors and managers occasionally go over there for lunch leh.

Maybe try bring them to this restaurant then : http://www.ramathai.com.sg/menu.htm

Name got "Thai" but dont see thai dishes on the menu. [laugh]

If had good recommendation for Indonesia or Vietnam restaurant, please also recommend.

Thank you. [flowerface]

PM Ken4555 he should be able to help you

↡ Advertisement