CNA: More drivers caught for flouting child seat belt rules

Darthrevan

Actually, it may not be an airbag at all. It's a lucky charm. Coz each time these dumbass parents drive, they're convinced that NOTHING will happen. Otherwise, how else does one explain the sheer stupidity?

The food?

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Actually, it may not be an airbag at all. It's a lucky charm. Coz each time these dumbass parents drive, they're convinced that NOTHING will happen. Otherwise, how else does one explain the sheer stupidity?

I always thought those potential projectiles figurines on top of the dashboard were the lucky charms?

Now I know I am mistaken.

There was this video with a can (of baked beans) placed on the rear seat behind the front pax seat and during collision, that can of baked beans is like a deadly projectile. Good luck to the spinal cord of the front passenger.

Sometimes I see worse - Parent/Grandparent holding a small standing toddler/baby in the front passenger seat!

If there is any frontal accident the air bag will propel the kid's head straight into the adult's....

Such ppl overestimate their driving ability. Or they are plain lazy. Or both.

Supersonic

Many of these irresponsible parents will say I am a safe driver, i drive slow and it will never happens to me.

These kid killers can drive like a turtle but can they prevent a 3rd party from banging them?

His wife, who was expecting their second child, was sitting in the front passenger seat and cradling the girl.

you are indeed correct..most sinkies prefer to cradle their baby/child in the front passenger seat instead of doing the right thing

Source: http://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore-news/his-baby-dies-after-he-crashes-car

So schools are back and so are kids not in child seats. Counted 10 yesterday on my commute to/from work. Just ridiculous. These included:

- 2 with child on middle arm rest. One car had just made an illegal u-turn too right in front of me.

- 1 with small baby in baby carrier held by the mother in the back seat. Mother didn't have a seat belt on. But they did have a brand new Audi A6...

- 1 child asleep across the back seat. I could see this as I was cycling past and the car was stationary in a jam.

It is just absolutely shocking and negligent behaviour. Can afford the most expensive cars in the world, but can't harness the kids properly and safely. All the drivers had their seat belts on, and with most cars having airbags in the front the driver is very protected. The kids, well, who cares...

And for those who say they drive safe, yes you may have never had an accident. But can you confirm that everyone around you is a safe driver too?

So schools are back and so are kids not in child seats. Counted 10 yesterday on my commute to/from work. Just ridiculous. These included:

- 2 with child on middle arm rest. One car had just made an illegal u-turn too right in front of me.

- 1 with small baby in baby carrier held by the mother in the back seat. Mother didn't have a seat belt on. But they did have a brand new Audi A6...

- 1 child asleep across the back seat. I could see this as I was cycling past and the car was stationary in a jam.

It is just absolutely shocking and negligent behaviour. Can afford the most expensive cars in the world, but can't harness the kids properly and safely. All the drivers had their seat belts on, and with most cars having airbags in the front the driver is very protected. The kids, well, who cares...

And for those who say they drive safe, yes you may have never had an accident. But can you confirm that everyone around you is a safe driver too?

after forking out 40-50% for downpayment....the family forgot that a child seat can cost a few hundred dollars. Maybe they will buy after the next pay day!😧😧😧

Saw on a facebook group that a number of cars were stopped yesterday (3rd July) and checked for child seats.  The police even measured the height of the kids to determine whether they should be in a booster seat or not.  One parent fined $120 and 3 demerit points as their child was below 135cm and not in a booster.

• Praise 3

Saw on a facebook group that a number of cars were stopped yesterday (3rd July) and checked for child seats.  The police even measured the height of the kids to determine whether they should be in a booster seat or not.  One parent fined $120 and 3 demerit points as their child was below 135cm and not in a booster.

That's good.  More enforcement more awareness.  Hopefully more parents will do the right thing for their kids.

• Praise 1

Just only saw this car in the rear with a kid running around inside the car. What are the parents thinking???

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20161107-Kids running in car 001.jpg

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20161107-Kids running in car 002.jpg

Nothing happen what ....

My daughter will not sit in the child car seat, she will start crying ... said the useless/brainless father.

Accident happen, daughter get killed .... kpkb ..... and blame everyone but himself for his stupidity.

Some people will never learn.

• Praise 3

If I jam brake(due to any incident upfront), I think the kid will be superman liao. Upon seeing the kid at the front windscreen, I quickly accelerated and changed lanes away from this vehicle.

Dont wish to be blamed for anything happened to their kid.

Edited by Adrianli
  • Praise 2

The "Won't happen to me one..." [smash]

And the "won't be so suay wan..." -_-

Nothing happen what ....

My daughter will not sit in the child car seat, she will start crying ... said the useless/brainless father.

Accident happen, daughter get killed .... kpkb ..... and blame everyone but himself for his stupidity.

Some people will never learn.

Plus they will claim only short distant , and not on expressway. 

Supercharged

Just only saw this car in the rear with a kid running around inside the car. What are the parents thinking???

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20161107-Kids running in car 001.jpg

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20161107-Kids running in car 002.jpg

Its v normal to see this in MY cars, even on NSH....... 

after forking out 40-50% for downpayment....the family forgot that a child seat can cost a few hundred dollars. Maybe they will buy after the next pay day!

Some people just waiting to be statistic lor.

How many times have we see parent choosing to sit infront and carry a toddler in their arms instead of using a child seat at the back.

Shake head + roll eyes

• Praise 1

Its v normal to see this in MY cars, even on NSH.......

yesterday at the same car park, i saw 2 cars with child seats at the front passenger seat. I bloody hope the parents remember to disable the front passenger air bags......... [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

some people will need to learn the hardway...but then again when shite happens they will blame the car manufacturer for placing the airbags there and the baby seats manufacturer for not having reminders or warning....then they sue and wins millions in damages. Or maybe that is their intention.
↡ Advertisement