CNA: More drivers caught for flouting child seat belt rules

Darthrevan

Depend on how important is that appointment, either cancel it or let the kids buckle up and cry/scream. Which is more important, kids' safety or appointment? Any way, everyone may have different views on child safety. I have my kids buckle up in infant/child seats every time they are travelling in our car since the day their left the hospital for home. Even when travelling overseas and I needed transport from airport to hotel, I will request for child seats even if it means paying extra for it.

gd reply. many times we justify the rush w/o considering the "what ifs" along the road....

the truth is once one allow an exception of not buckling up, it is akin to opening floodgate in time to come... :excl:

↡ Advertisement

To those who think it's easy to coax toddlers into car seat n buckle, I await ur response when u have kids. I'm not saying it's totally impossible but there were times I weren't able to do it. N ur toddler have to only encounter w TP once which was better than how I explained to my then toddler umpteen times about the consequence of being caught n fine by TP. Luckily only warning then.

I'd suggest a trend analysis of veh accident n tackle top 3 to 5 causes of accident. A series of action plans r then to be rolled out fr there like heartland campaigns, year round incentives besides enforcement n surveillance.

The "mata will catch you" trick still works with the kids nowadays :D:D

Anyway, I don't have your problem. Both my son and daughter took the child seat since day one. So they are used to it. They never give me problem, coz they know they rightful place in the car is the child seat.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDQ2OTEwMTA0.html

Enough said .... go look at the link (video)....

It's plain BS to say that the todder refused to belt up ..... from the first day when my daughter is old enough to use the car seat, she is being belt up ..... till she is old enough to use the seat belt. She is 15 years old now and she never fail to buckle up ....

It is a habit, for those that felt that it is not necessary to belt up ...... good luck to you and I hope that you would not live to regret your decision ....

Edited by Civic6228

To those who think it's easy to coax toddlers into car seat n buckle, I await ur response when u have kids. I'm not saying it's totally impossible but there were times I weren't able to do it. N ur toddler have to only encounter w TP once which was better than how I explained to my then toddler umpteen times about the consequence of being caught n fine by TP. Luckily only warning then.

I'd suggest a trend analysis of veh accident n tackle top 3 to 5 causes of accident. A series of action plans r then to be rolled out fr there like heartland campaigns, year round incentives besides enforcement n surveillance.

My fren will not hesitate to give his son(3yr old) one tight slap if he refuse to buckle up. He damn fierce towards his kid. His kid at coffeeshop playing with his milo drink instead of drinking it properly, straightaway one tight slap across the face in front of everybody. :blink:

I will learn from him if I have a kid next time.

Edited by Adrianli

Let me add another perspective.

I have 3 kids, a pair of twins of about 3 years old and a young baby. I own a civic. From young, the twins will be belt up in their car seats whenever we travel in our car. No issues with that.

With the 3rd baby now, I dont know what to do. There are now 6 members in the family;- my wife, my helper, my twins, the baby and I.

I have considered a few options,

1. I wanted to get a 7 seater, but look at the prices now.

2. An adult and one of the kids will take a taxi while the rest travel in my car. This is also LPPL.. cos there are no car seat in taxis.

3. All take public transport... which means leaving the car at home.

4. Buckle up the 2 elder ones and carry the baby, which is a fine-able offense.

5. Dont go out....!

What choice do I have?

I have 3 kids, a pair of twins of about 3 years old and a young baby. I own a civic. From young, the twins will be belt up in their car seats whenever we travel in our car. No issues with that.

With the 3rd baby now, I dont know what to do. There are now 6 members in the family;- my wife, my helper, my twins, the baby and I.

2. An adult and one of the kids will take a taxi while the rest travel in my car. This is also LPPL.. cos there are no car seat in taxis.

5. Dont go out....!

What choice do I have?

6. Go out without the helper.

you do have many options...

btw, if you exchange your civic to stream... with the same age, it will only cost you a few k more.

Even without our helper, its a tight squeeze for us to fit 3 car seats and 2 adults. And difficult for 2 adults to manage 3 kids at their age. We did consider a stream but was concerned about the safety of the people sitting at the last row of a compact MPV.

Supercharged

My fren will not hesitate to give his son(3yr old) one tight slap if he refuse to buckle up. He damn fierce towards his kid. His kid at coffeeshop playing with his milo drink instead of drinking it properly, straightaway one tight slap across the face in front of everybody. :blink:

I will learn from him if I have a kid next time.

That is not a good way to punish a child. It could even cause injury, if the slapping force is too strong. I am serious, not joking.

Supercharged

This is just one of the problems parents faced. Other problem is getting the child to sit into a child seat. Not every child is obedient to do so, especially the hyper-active ones. [:(]

Already COE is so high to upgrade to a bigger car, and maintaining 3 or more kids is already stressful enough. Now TP wanna catch parents for such offense...TP so free why don't catch those with mod, black windows, drive with mobile phone, drive with bright HID lamps, or never switch on headlights fellows on the road leh? [mad]

My mum last time will always nag and nag and nag some more whenever we go out and forgot to put on seat belt.

Eventually it sinks in to the point that my arm auto-seeks for the seat belt everytime i get into a car, front or rear seat [laugh]

Even without our helper, its a tight squeeze for us to fit 3 car seats and 2 adults. And difficult for 2 adults to manage 3 kids at their age. We did consider a stream but was concerned about the safety of the people sitting at the last row of a compact MPV.

You have your choice and I am just hoping that you would not live to regret your choice ...... I am sure that you know what is the right thing to do and you are fully aware of the possible consequences ......

This is just one of the problems parents faced. Other problem is getting the child to sit into a child seat. Not every child is obedient to do so, especially the hyper-active ones. [:(]

Already COE is so high to upgrade to a bigger car, and maintaining 3 or more kids is already stressful enough. Now TP wanna catch parents for such offense...TP so free why don't catch those with mod, black windows, drive with mobile phone, drive with bright HID lamps, or never switch on headlights fellows on the road leh? [mad]

You are missing the "big picture", the issue is not about breaking the rules or what-so-ever but it is about safety of your child .... please bear in mind that you are directly responsible if any bad happens because the child was not buckled up.

5. Dont go out....!

What choice do I have?

Buy this...looks soft and flat enough and easy to install... [:)]

1286171292495_hz-fileserver2_6463256.jpg

Edited by Berncsp76

If you compare the risk of 3rd row passengers in MPV vs child without buckle, I think child without buckle up has higher risk.

Or.. if you compare those sitting in the back row of Jazz vs 3rd row of Stream, they are of the same risk but the frequency we use the back row of Jazz is surely higher than Stream.

You concern is valid but hopefully, the risk is very remote.

Supercharged

You are missing the "big picture", the issue is not about breaking the rules or what-so-ever but it is about safety of your child .... please bear in mind that you are directly responsible if any bad happens because the child was not buckled up.

I am not saying the child's safety is not important. Nor am I saying we should break the law. But the law got to consider the constraints some parents will have.

Consider a family with 3 young kids, and all are active kids. Car is not big. How to put in 3 car seats? How to make the kids seat in througout the journey? Car seats are not cheap also hor.

Some parents have it easy with kids being obedient to quietly sit onto the seat. But some don't. Have TP consider all these factors?

Now I being to think why the birth rate is so low now.... , and why most couples don't want more kids [:(]

Agree, the law is to protect the children from irresponsible parents.

Because the child is innocent and ignorant, so they should be protected from stupid parents.

Think about a situation where in an accident, the parent survived, but the kid died.

By then, the parent will not think why TP should be catching others first and not this issue.

Edited by Icedbs

buy a used Edix/Multipla? 3 seats in front, 3 behind.

so front row - 2 parents + baby (in child seat)

rear row- helper+ 2 elder (also in child seat)

not sure whether you can strap child seats in the front though. do check it out

I'm thinking a Stream wouldn't be that practical unless the helper and the baby go in the 3rd row.

In the end your child's safety is paramount.

↡ Advertisement