Porsche

Throttle2

Neutral Newbie

Happy New Year guys.. is anyone aware of an owner interested in selling his Porsche Boxster 987 (year 2005-2009)?

Thank you!

(edited)

Am selling my 997 Carrera with completely overhauled engine running smooth as butter, new brakes , new tyres, newly serviced in Dec2016.

Mileage of about 9000km per year.

Does anyone know a full cash buyer who will not ask bloody stupid questions?

Thanks

Edited by Throttle2

Am selling my 997 Carrera with completely overhauled engine running smooth as butter, new brakes , new tyres, newly serviced in Dec2016.

Mileage of about 9000km per year.

Does anyone know a full cash buyer who will not ask bloody stupid questions?

Thanks

You do seem to have had that on sale for a while bro. Had a similar experience when trying to sell my 996 direct.

Alas, I lack your patience, so I just traded it in and swallowed the big loss.

Edited by Turboflat4

Just chance upon this and share with you all car insurance lobang.

I referred a lot of my customer and clients to my insurance partner / broker. Easy chap & hassle free to deal. Just furnish him with all the details. He does commercial vehicles ( Van, lorry, pick ups as well ), his contact 9362 3352

Some of my customers insurance premiums, all comprehensive coverage.

Honda Civic Type R ( FD2R ) - age above 40 yrs, 50% NCB, clean record premium abt $1.1K

Maserati Granturismo Sport 4.7 - age 40, 50%, premium $2.9K

Nissan GTR 3.8 - age 35, clean record, 2nd car, 0% NCB $3.2K

BMW M3 - age 40, 50% NCB clean record, $1.6K

BMW 216D GT - age 35, 50%, $890

Steady guy, if u already have a valid quote, just show him. He will match with discount !!

Just say from forum and he will give best premiums, watsapp him @ 9362 3352

Good rates or not ( base on above ), u guys can judge !!

Can he beat my current premium? Comp 1st party $1284 pa with excess at $5k any workshop.

(edited)

You do seem to have had that on sale for a while bro. Had a similar experience when trying to sell my 996 direct.

Alas, I lack your patience, so I just traded it in and swallowed the big loss.

Yes mate, been a while, but i wasnt quite pushing it either.

Its a matter of price and whether i have chemistry with buyer

I dont mind taking a hit, whats $10k for a smooth happy deal.

But then i dont have to sell the car either as i am not eying anything else.

Well maybe if i sell it then i'll sell the vezel too and get a simple GLC250 or an X5?

Anyway it was sold 3 times and each time buyer couldnt complete deal becos of loan issue.

I cant understand, are Singaporeans so cash poor? Living on credit? To drive a Porsche?

I guess i am old school here.

Ok sure some people say they have better use for $130k than to pay full cash but seriously, it's only $130k and moreover by paying full you save on the 7% effective interest rate, anyway.

As it is, the car runs like a dream, smooth as a newborn's buttcheeks, giving more than sufficient grunt for an undemanding driver like me. And i do like it a lot still. Its my first Porsche. A 911 that fufilled my childhood dream. I am not, mushy sentimental but similarly my first Rolex is still in my posession.

So it really boils down to the right buyer.

If it was a painful kind of buyer, i would say keep the money, i dont need it.

If it was a no fuss, likeminded fan, i would even say, a free complete service and grooming costing $2k on me!

Win win is what i always look for in a deal.

Definitely not making money out of it.

The one single most genuine buyer (not one of the 3 who couldnt complete due to loan) has to sell his car. Till today 6mths later, he has not been able to. but we have kinda become friends updating each other on whats happening. He may still sell his car and buy mine in the end if fate so decides.

In any case, I continue to keep my Porsche in the condition which i would as if i would own it to the last drop of its COE.

If you know a real buyer, help me make that connection, cigar on me!

But plse hor must have plenty plenty cash kind, like you.....

Thanks Buddy

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 1

Yes, fully understand your points YEN96.

As for belt tightening, i did it since Dec2015.

I dont know why, but i did it anyway, like instinct.

Muayhahaha

Yes mate, been a while, but i wasnt quite pushing it either.

Its a matter of price and whether i have chemistry with buyer

I dont mind taking a hit, whats $10k for a smooth happy deal.

But then i dont have to sell the car either as i am not eying anything else.

Well maybe if i sell it then i'll sell the vezel too and get a simple GLC250 or an X5?

Anyway it was sold 3 times and each time buyer couldnt complete deal becos of loan issue.

I cant understand, are Singaporeans so cash poor? Living on credit? To drive a Porsche?

I guess i am old school here.

Ok sure some people say they have better use for $130k than to pay full cash but seriously, it's only $130k and moreover by paying full you save on the 7% effective interest rate, anyway.

As it is, the car runs like a dream, smooth as a newborn's buttcheeks, giving more than sufficient grunt for an undemanding driver like me. And i do like it a lot still. Its my first Porsche. A 911 that fufilled my childhood dream. I am not, mushy sentimental but similarly my first Rolex is still in my posession.

So it really boils down to the right buyer.

If it was a painful kind of buyer, i would say keep the money, i dont need it.

If it was a no fuss, likeminded fan, i would even say, a free complete service and grooming costing $2k on me!

Win win is what i always look for in a deal.

Definitely not making money out of it.

The one single most genuine buyer (not one of the 3 who couldnt complete due to loan) has to sell his car. Till today 6mths later, he has not been able to. but we have kinda become friends updating each other on whats happening. He may still sell his car and buy mine in the end if fate so decides.

In any case, I continue to keep my Porsche in the condition which i would as if i would own it to the last drop of its COE.

If you know a real buyer, help me make that connection, cigar on me!

But plse hor must have plenty plenty cash kind, like you.....

Thanks Buddy

My hit was a lot bigger than 10k, but what to do, stealerships are liddat. But you're right - I had my eye on another car, so that made the difference.

Direct selling takes a lot of patience. It'll be even worse now with the economy going down the crapper again.

My hit was a lot bigger than 10k, but what to do, stealerships are liddat. But you're right - I had my eye on another car, so that made the difference.

Direct selling takes a lot of patience. It'll be even worse now with the economy going down the crapper again.

Yes, your hit definitely more than that. Probably $30k.

Yup direct selling takes a fair bit of patience.

So luckily, i am absolutely not eyeing anything so i just take my time.

Honestly, i still really like my car.

The bodylines, the simplicity.

None of this new age technology which goes mostly unused yet fully paid for.

Yah, economy bad, i am living on my life savings as it is.......

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,after reading much about the p cars the poison is getting very strong so if any bros here looking to sell their 997.2 pdk (2009 -2011 model year) can drop me a pm/ text at [email protected]. thanks in advance!

Yes, your hit definitely more than that. Probably $30k.

Yup direct selling takes a fair bit of patience.

So luckily, i am absolutely not eyeing anything so i just take my time.

Honestly, i still really like my car.

The bodylines, the simplicity.

None of this new age technology which goes mostly unused yet fully paid for.

Yah, economy bad, i am living on my life savings as it is.......ð° Tough life.

Haha much more than that I'm afraid. 80k hit over 1.5 years. Around half what I paid for it. It was quite ridiculous and I'm almost embarrassed to admit it. But that was that deal offered by Munich's used car dealers (take it or leave it sort of deal) and I really wanted the M135i (newly launched at the time).

A PI was offering almost 40k more for my car in trade for the M135i (also cheaper), but I wanted an AD car for the warranty and the specs.

They say "live and learn". I guess I learned a couple things that day. One of those lessons is that, when confronted by a ridiculous quote, it might even be better to try and get a straight sale to another dealer instead of taking an unfair trade-in. I've gotten to know at least one reasonable and fairly honest one since - he bought my M5 without too much fuss.

When I traded in my Wish recently Munich did much, much better. I lost only about 6k+ over 7 months. I did get lucky with a coe rebate there when I got the car, but their trade in offer was still very good. I don't know how my (different from before) SE managed it. Maybe they changed in house used dealer or he used someone else. Or maybe BnB cars are just a little easier to offload.

Frankly, I had far fewer issues selling my Ferrari coming close to scrap date. COE Ferraris definitely hold their value much better than COE Porsches, another lesson learnt. I mean I knew that in theory, but the difference was really quite startling in practice. Makes the premium you pay for the Italian marques almost worth it lol. If you can stomach the unreliability that is. I couldn't.

If you like your car, you should keep it.

Edited by Turboflat4

Yes bro, the Ferrari's are different category. A 430 before COE still commands around $2xx K and the 458 prices are still high. But, any COE car ( include ferrari ) is always difficult to sell. The issue is with the loan quantum. And, the ratio of a COE ferrari to the loan quantum is never reconcilable. Buyer needs to have a lot of cash. If he has the amount of cash, I doubt buyer even needs a loan. For this category of cars, need to find cash buyers. Anyone who requires loan not likely going close the deal.

Any high end car is always easy to buy. M3/4/5/6, 488, F12, Bentley, huracan, aventador, 911, Maserati MC Stradale, grancabrio, merc SLS, Mclaren.

As for the "disposal part", there are many ways to dispose the car. Best is to plan in advance. Not that very difficult to sell too.

Thanks. I know this. Fact is, I'm just not a great businessman (not even a good one) - which is why I'm stuck in a profession lol. :D

And I also have little patience to keep a car listed on SGcarmart.

The first and last time I tried a direct sale was with the 911, when I listed it on both SGCM and ST cars online. Absolutely no nibbles even though the price was quite reasonable (I felt). Even despite lowering the price by almost 15k, still no takers.

There was one very irritating bugger. Ironically, this one didn't come through the web ad, but via a colleague who knew I was thinking of selling. I gave him leeway because he was a relative of aforementioned colleague. He came home, intro-ed himself as a Uni lecturer and expressed great interest in the car at first, ooh-ing and aah-ing. Then he asked for a test drive. I asked him if he was a serious buyer, he said most definitely. So I let him take a supervised test drive (and he didn't pussyfoot it either!).

Comes back to my home and I ask him "how?" You know what the bugger replies?!

"Nice car, but I don't like the colour!"

Bloody f**ker.

Right then and there, I decided this direct selling business was just not for me. Lesson learnt.

Neither is consignment for that matter. Basically, I have to be someone's errand boy and make the car available to every whim and fancy of every bo liao time-wasting tyre-kicker out there.

Screw that sh*t.

I'll just trade it in, take the hit. The money is no biggie at the end of the day, my time and peace of mind are more valuable.

Anyway, I believe you're "in the business". I guess I'll contact you next time if I want to buy or sell? Gimme a good deal, OK? [laugh]

Edited by Turboflat4

Thanks. I know this. Fact is, I'm just not a great businessman (not even a good one) - which is why I'm stuck in a profession lol. :D

[laugh]

Bro , think you would really feel the full force of a high end merc depre on your GT when you are sick of it .... 

My CL63 - got it at 585 , sold at 280 after slightly less than 3 years , C63 got it at  485 - sold at 195 around the 3 year mark !!!! 

That's the main thing holding me back from the S 63 coupe now ... C&C asking 745 for it , my reply to them was , i will wait 2 years to buy it at 350 ...  

The merc depre is actually worse than the depre i get away with for my ferraris . 

• Praise 1

Bro , think you would really feel the full force of a high end merc depre on your GT when you are sick of it .... 

My CL63 - got it at 585 , sold at 280 after slightly less than 3 years , C63 got it at  485 - sold at 195 around the 3 year mark !!!! 

That's the main thing holding me back from the S 63 coupe now ... C&C asking 745 for it , my reply to them was , i will wait 2 years to buy it at 350 ...  

The merc depre is actually worse than the depre i get away with for my ferraris . 

Yes, I expect this. My model will be worse because it's so rare (rarer than Ferraris, lol!!).

The SGCM link in my profile shows my car valuation to be....$0 haha :D

There's no doubt Ferraris hold their values very well. Not even Lambos manage this.

OK, I will use this "financially sound" logic next time to rationalise another Ferrari! [laugh]

Edited by Turboflat4

(edited)

Haha much more than that I'm afraid. 80k hit over 1.5 years. Around half what I paid for it. It was quite ridiculous and I'm almost embarrassed to admit it. But that was that deal offered by Munich's used car dealers (take it or leave it sort of deal) and I really wanted the M135i (newly launched at the time).

A PI was offering almost 40k more for my car in trade for the M135i (also cheaper), but I wanted an AD car for the warranty and the specs.

They say "live and learn". I guess I learned a couple things that day. One of those lessons is that, when confronted by a ridiculous quote, it might even be better to try and get a straight sale to another dealer instead of taking an unfair trade-in. I've gotten to know at least one reasonable and fairly honest one since - he bought my M5 without too much fuss.

When I traded in my Wish recently Munich did much, much better. I lost only about 6k+ over 7 months. I did get lucky with a coe rebate there when I got the car, but their trade in offer was still very good. I don't know how my (different from before) SE managed it. Maybe they changed in house used dealer or he used someone else. Or maybe BnB cars are just a little easier to offload.

Frankly, I had far fewer issues selling my Ferrari coming close to scrap date. COE Ferraris definitely hold their value much better than COE Porsches, another lesson learnt. I mean I knew that in theory, but the difference was really quite startling in practice. Makes the premium you pay for the Italian marques almost worth it lol. If you can stomach the unreliability that is. I couldn't.

If you like your car, you should keep it.

Thats daylight robbery!

You rich people ah, tsk tsk tsk.......

Next time let me rob you better, i not so evil.

Muayhahahahaha

Edited by Throttle2

Thats daylight robbery!

You rich people ah, tsk tsk tsk.......

Next time let me rob you better, i not so evil.

Muayhahahahaha

Walan eh. T2 call me rich is like kettle calling the pot silver. :D

I no dignity compared to you leh. :D :d

Muayhahahahaha

Edited by Turboflat4
↡ Advertisement