Porsche

Throttle2

Read that Porsche Cayenne faces recall of 22,000 cars worldwide due to emission cheating.

Audi also kena. VW really Hai.....

↡ Advertisement

Read that Porsche Cayenne faces recall of 22,000 cars worldwide due to emission cheating.

Audi also kena. VW really Hai.....

abang (elder bro) cheat ... adik (younger bro) also cheat la

in fact whole family cheat ... jin ho jiak !!!

Supercharged

any shop to recommend for replacing the stock HU with aftermarket HU,

and install car cam plus battery-saving auto-cutoff device?

Edited by Eyke

Changed my HU, installed amp, DSP, front cam and reverse cam at Foon Audio Garage. No regrets.. SQ much better.  The aftermarket HU still looks like stock. You may lose certain display on your dash.

What is "battery saving auto cut off device"?

• Praise 1

Changed my HU, installed amp, DSP, front cam and reverse cam at Foon Audio Garage. No regrets.. SQ much better. The aftermarket HU still looks like stock. You may lose certain display on your dash.

I might have misunderstood your original post.

You might be referring to a device like the power magic pro (for blackvue) that cuts off the car cam when the battery voltage falls to a preset level.

Issue is that this never works well enough for modern conti cars. You might still get a drain message, limp mode/rough running (until ecu readapts) and weakening of your battery.

Get a good standalone battery pack installed by competent installers.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

Changed my HU, installed amp, DSP, front cam and reverse cam at Foon Audio Garage. No regrets.. SQ much better.  The aftermarket HU still looks like stock. You may lose certain display on your dash.

thanks for the recommendation.

was referring to this

Vico_201683001947.jpg

"Power Plus is a power safety device which connects to car battery to work with Dash Cam/Black Box, continuously providing power after engine-off while parking. Together working with Vico Smart Parking Mode function, your Dash Cam can have motion-detection recording after you left your car, for having full protection of your car. Power Plus will auto-detect your battery status to cut-off power supply to prevent car battery from being drained out.

Power Plus provides multiple protection to have better safety coverage, including:

1. Low Voltage protection 

2. Over Temperature protection 

3. Timer protection 

4. Over Current/Surge protection"

• Praise 1

was referring to this

Vico_201683001947.jpg

"Power Plus is a power safety device which connects to car battery to work with Dash Cam/Black Box, continuously providing power after engine-off while parking. Together working with Vico Smart Parking Mode function, your Dash Cam can have motion-detection recording after you left your car, for having full protection of your car. Power Plus will auto-detect your battery status to cut-off power supply to prevent car battery from being drained out.

Power Plus provides multiple protection to have better safety coverage, including:

3. Timer protection

Yeah, basically don't use these, especially for newer conti cars.

Use an external battery pack.

was referring to this

Vico_201683001947.jpg

3. Timer protection

Cellink B

was referring to this

3. Timer protection 

I see. I installed the iRoad A9 front cam. It can be programmed to record when motion is detected when parked. It also has in built ability for you to preset a battery level when the voltage dips below it, the camera shuts off.

But I am not sure if that last part works. I came back from a week of biz trip, and my car won't start. Called AAS. The guy came and said battery died and was due to be changed. So I don't know if the iRoad cut-off isn't working or it was just coincidental that my battery kaput on me.

I see. I installed the iRoad A9 front cam. It can be programmed to record when motion is detected when parked. It also has in built ability for you to preset a battery level when the voltage dips below it, the camera shuts off.

But I am not sure if that last part works. I came back from a week of biz trip, and my car won't start. Called AAS. The guy came and said battery died and was due to be changed. So I don't know if the iRoad cut-off isn't working or it was just coincidental that my battery kaput on me.

For my Mini, front cam is powered by battery pack.  Battery pack is charged via ciggy port.

Even though front cam is recording 24/7 (as long as battery pack got juice), there is no issue with car battery related to car cam).

• Praise 1

I use one of these all the time with 24X7 surveillance. BMW F10 used to throw an error message after say 7 hours parking. Just acknowledged all the time and moved on. My original battery lasted for about 4 years.

Present cars also have same thing and surprisingly no error message even after 36 hours of parking with Surveillance. I need to check further how long they go on.

was referring to this

Vico_201683001947.jpg

3. Timer protection 

anyone mod this for a cellink B type of configuration?

Was hoping to have this in a just in case situation when the car batt flat. At least got a 2 in one backup to jumpstart and go buy a battery

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?spm=2114.search0104.8.13.dXs23i&initiative_id=QRW_20170823221559&SearchText=jump+start&productId=32780283119

I've thought of this too and I think it can be done. Basically what @davidtch is doing. The question I have is how fast the battery can be charged (which depends on how long you drive). If the car cam consumes the charge faster that you can charge it, it will be pretty useless. The other question is whether it is safe to put a china made Lithium battery for extended time under the hot Singapore sun (Note 7?).

I use one of these all the time with 24X7 surveillance. BMW F10 used to throw an error message after say 7 hours parking. Just acknowledged all the time and moved on. My original battery lasted for about 4 years.

Present cars also have same thing and surprisingly no error message even after 36 hours of parking with Surveillance. I need to check further how long they go on.

That error message is not innocuous. Something happens (maybe the DME resets) and the car runs a bit rough and seemingly slower until the car readapts. Pain in the ass.

Deep cycling the battery also lowers its life.

Edited by Turboflat4

The cut-off was such a way that only comfort access type items were only lost. No issues with DME or other things.

Agreed on Deep recycling, it was not so "deep" though. Life was 4 years plus.

That error message is not innocuous. Something happens (maybe the DME resets) and the car runs a bit rough and seemingly slower until the car readapts. Pain in the ass.

Deep cycling the battery also lowers its life.

The cut-off was such a way that only comfort access type items were only lost. No issues with DME or other things.

Agreed on Deep recycling, it was not so "deep" though. Life was 4 years plus.

I don't know if the normal F10 was different but i could definitely feel the sluggishness in my M5.
↡ Advertisement