Porsche

Throttle2

read that those Tiptronic aren't very responsive, will probably reduce enjoyment

马后炮 spotted.

Before the PDK was out, were the Porsches with 5AT any less enjoyable at that point of time?

It's a Porsche for goodness sake.

↡ Advertisement

For branding and family purpose will u guys go for a macan, cayenne or panamera? Just keen to find our what the generally opinion, i no money to buy :(

Panny for me cos I generally don't take a liking to SUVs.

• Praise 2

yeah ... Macan no fun ... thinking Cayman now ... lol

taopow only ....

hope 1 day can sit in T2 911 ...

Edited by Wt_know

Supercharged

马后炮 spotted.

Before the PDK was out, were the Porsches with 5AT any less enjoyable at that point of time?

It's a Porsche for goodness sake.

there were still manuals back before PDK, and there are still manuals now for goodness sake.

now, we have manuals, PDK and Tiptronic to choose from; or maybe u from the past?  [smash]

For branding and family purpose will u guys go for a macan, cayenne or panamera? Just keen to find our what the generally opinion, i no money to buy :(

Currently driving the Macan. Depends what car you are currently driving. My previous car was a beemer F10 so changing to the Macan the drive is better.

For family ferrying, the Macan is not very spacious at the back.

If I have the money I will get the new panny. The new design is really beautiful. My eyes are glued to it whenever I spot one which is really rare.

Don’t have half a mil to throw, I think I’ll stick to my Macan. Anyone looking forward to the 2019 facelift Macan? Starting to think I’m poisoned.

(edited)

i jump from F10 to Macan too

ok la ... treat the Macan as a 2 seater 90% and 4 seater 10%

the backseat is sibei upright and very uncomfy

but for old folk like my mom ... she is short and old already

she like to sit upright [thumbsup]

for any young adult ... the rear seat of a Macan is [thumbsdown]

and Macan seat/leather is sibei "hard" compare to Merc E-class ... sibei sofy and comfy and easily fall asleep on NSHW long drive

Edited by Wt_know

Yup, if small family, a Macan is a great choice. After all, we do not usually spend more than an hour on the roads in SG, so the rear bench, as long as it's not seating 3, is still comfortable.

I like the Macan both interior and exterior.. just that it's an SUV. I like my cars low

(edited)

i think the front changes not very noticeable ... ie: front lower bumper change

rear ... if adopt Cayenne style rear lights ... i'm not fancy (like Kia or Hyundai ... lol)

but the interior new "screen" is [inlove] (if this is true and not fake news)

strange that the aircon vent is below the screen to achieve the "seamless" look

Anyone looking forward to the 2019 facelift Macan? Starting to think I’m poisoned.

post-7984-0-10883100-1519867791_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wt_know

The PDK is very good.  Unless you want those GT2 GT3 GT4 P-cars, where a manual stick is preferred by some or in some models you may not even have a choice.

Not I say one hor, my hiadee say one, he just got a SUV.  I drove his SUV, see bay shiok. 

i think the front changes not very noticeable ... ie: front lower bumper change

rear ... if adopt Cayenne style rear lights ... i'm not fancy (like Kia or Hyundai ... lol)

but the interior new "screen" is [inlove] (if this is true and not fake news)

strange that the aircon vent is below the screen to achieve the "seamless" look

Yeah base on the current spied photos the front changes looks minimal. But then there is alot of masking going around.

The new screen is "huge" but the placement of the air-con vents might be a little low. They had to move it down to make way for screen  :a-bang:

For the rear have you seen this artist impression yet? I think it will be pretty close to this.

Frischekur-fuer-den-Macan-644x363-6987c9

Frankly I don't mind the older 5sp AT. Breakdown maintenance should be more manageable.

Basically very solid, wont breakdown just like that

• Praise 1

i jump from F10 to Macan too

ok la ... treat the Macan as a 2 seater 90% and 4 seater 10%

the backseat is sibei upright and very uncomfy

but for old folk like my mom ... she is short and old already

she like to sit upright [thumbsup]

for any young adult ... the rear seat of a Macan is [thumbsdown]

and Macan seat/leather is sibei "hard" compare to Merc E-class ... sibei sofy and comfy and easily fall asleep on NSHW long drive

Yes , these are exactly why i didnt get the Macan.

The rear seats are too tight and uncomfortably inclined.

I felt cramp in the rear seats and i am only 1.7m tall

I was privileged to be one of the few in a completely private showcase in SEA, ahead of sg, malaysia, thailand , australia, etc. so my disappointment could be magnified due to expectations.

The bodylines are decent but way too womanly.

It lacked somewhat testosterone.

The only grace but not saving are the front lights and bonnet which screams Porsche DNA really loud and clear.

Even the interior including steering looked and felt dated, like it was already 5 yrs old.

I sat in the drivers seat for quite a while trying to make myself accept how it looked even though i knew the first second that i didnt like it.

I came out of the event, thinking No Way Jose, am i parting with such money, unless i was as rich as

WT know and some of the other guys here.

The one thing i didnt try was a test drive becos none was available then.

But if i wanted a sports car, there would and could be no trade off.

And if i want a mid size family SUV, there could be no trade off in some criterias too.

So just be aware that the Macan doesnt do a family job well unless your kids are 2-7.

And if they are, a 911 would be better

I just think that they create it to be a fun car, neither here nor there.

It is No No No No Family car. Doesnt qualify to be called one.

Its a yuppie car, zip round town in style and power, ferry some friends who dont mind the tight seats

Get out and go to some club. Something like that.

For the styling and for a youngish segment , to fill the price gap perhaps

Somewhat like why they came up with the Cayman years ago.

But knowing Porsche. It will get better over the years.

• Praise 1

I was in this dilemma a couple of years back and settled with Macan first (my wife took away from me) and then Cayman.

Panny that time was not as attractive as now. Another issue is huge trunk separating back seats. This prevents my kid moving from one part to another as while dropping off, it becomes easier. Of course cost is another huge factor.

Between Macan and Cayenne, I would go for Macan anytime just for the PDK and peppy drive. My family is small and skinny which motivated me to go for Macan. I do not travel to My by car at all and within Singapore for 45 minutes drive, Macan is not bad even at the back.

I do not know if you have driven Macan anytime. Just try, it is CUV, but drives better than F10.

• Praise 1

(edited)

yup ... did a 1000 km round trip to msia during CNY

awesome ride on nshw and slip road compare to F10

2 front passengers only [thumbsup]

I do not know if you have driven Macan anytime. Just try, it is CUV, but drives better than F10.

Edited by Wt_know

One of the reasons to go for Macan is the beautiful back and 3D lights. Looks great. Now they are spoiling the look.

Yeah base on the current spied photos the front changes looks minimal. But then there is alot of masking going around.

The new screen is "huge" but the placement of the air-con vents might be a little low. They had to move it down to make way for screen  :a-bang:

For the rear have you seen this artist impression yet? I think it will be pretty close to this.

Frischekur-fuer-den-Macan-644x363-6987c9

↡ Advertisement