Advice to buy used car from direct seller

Wadexu

Hi, there,

I am going to buy a car from the direct seller from sgcarmart. any brother here can advise me the detail steps on what to do. should I buy the insurance before transfer?

What other issues I need to take care?

Edited by Wadexu
↡ Advertisement

Hi, there,

I am going to buy a car from the direct seller from sgcarmart. any brother here can advise me the detail steps on what to do. should I buy the insurance before transfer?

What other issues I need to take care?

Ask the seller send the car for STA check on chassis any major accident repair before. Result will shown grade B, C and so on. Fees is about $142. Depend on how you bargain with the dealer either come out from your pocket or the seller.

Neutral Newbie

Go view the car. Test drive it. Send to your workshop for checks and finalized the car price. Engage sgcarinsurer and they do everything. Saves all the hassle. No admin fee no nothing. Sgcarinsurer will take the percentage from banks and insurance co. Very fast and peace of mind.

That's what i just did for my bro who bought a car last 2 weeks.

:)

hi Wadexu ,

i suggest you before you buy the car take a test drive and then if you found nice then checks it at the workshop and then finalize the price of the car , and then concerned to the sgcarmart they will do all the paper work for you and also helps you to get the loans ans insurance whatever you wants....

Neutral Newbie

For documentation, alot of people dealer or even sgcarmart willing to do for you for free if you

take a loan thru them. Some even give kickback to both buyer and seller. You can tell the direct

seller to give you his kickback as well. Can be quite substantial if you loan amont and tenur is high.

Anyone try to buy secondhand from Car dealer? Any experts here know how to negotiate the price here? Try it today I talk about the paper value and he just hang up on me :D How Rude!

Anyone try to buy secondhand from Car dealer? Any experts here know how to negotiate the price here? Try it today I talk about the paper value and he just hang up on me :D How Rude!

Maybe that dealer only interested in their balloon schems.

check sgcarmart before going down so you roughly know the price,just ask to test drive most case they will allow.after test drive and check if everything ok then just minus off 4-6k(depend on model) from the selling price and tell them no nonsense fee admin fees or whatever,they will come up with all bullsh*t like no earn and you can just ignore.just give them your namecard or hp ask them to call you back ONLY if they agree to your price.go look for other dealer as well if you want.

check sgcarmart before going down so you roughly know the price,just ask to test drive most case they will allow.after test drive and check if everything ok then just minus off 4-6k(depend on model) from the selling price and tell them no nonsense fee admin fees or whatever,they will come up with all bullsh*t like no earn and you can just ignore.just give them your namecard or hp ask them to call you back ONLY if they agree to your price.go look for other dealer as well if you want.

Good tips thank you!

(edited)

Nothing new. It's very common. There is a thread too.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2683470-direct-sellers-pretending-to-be-dealers/?hl=%2Bdirect+%2Bseller

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=478096

Interesting.,., Car Salesman selling BMW118....as direct seller....

Anyone encounter such situation before? Comments?

Edited by Swifter78