Radiator tank leaks

Header

(edited)

I buy epoxy glue from hardware shop to DIY repair leaking radiator. 

- Identify the source of leak.

- clean the radiator, especially "wounded" areas. Make holes bigger if necessary.

- let the radiator dry fully.

- mix epoxy compound as per instruction.

- apply epoxy on affected areas.

- leave overnight or least 1 day for the glue to set.

- test if there's leak again.

- if no, fix it back.

- if yes, repeat procedure.

All less than $5 plus some personal labour.

Edited by Kangadrool

I wonder those radiator sealer in the market is useful or not or is it a temp solution?

what if it clogged the engine water channels, jialat....

I buy epoxy glue from hardware shop to DIY repair leaking radiator. 

- Identify the source of leak.

- clean the radiator, especially "wounded" areas. Make holes bigger if necessary.

- let the radiator dry fully.

- mix epoxy compound as per instruction.

- apply epoxy on affected areas.

- leave overnight or least 1 day for the glue to set.

- test if there's leak again.

- if no, fix it back.

- if yes, repeat procedure.

All less than $5 plus some personal labour.

Good idea & looks like can work. If the ride is abt a year to scrap, this is a money saving fix, which no mech willing to do for you. They prefer you to change out everything. 

Is there some aluminium self adhesive tape in the market we can buy to do such repair? 

I highly recommend to get your radiator replace at GLH AUTOMOBILE (http://glhauto.com.sg/contact/). They have manufacturing plant in China and therefore their radiators are cost effective. I had my Camry radiator replaced 2 weeks ago at S$280 inclusive of labor and It is working perfectly fine.

Bring your own coolant if you are able to find cheaper one less than S$50.

I highly recommend to get your radiator replace at GLH AUTOMOBILE (http://glhauto.com.sg/contact/). They have manufacturing plant in China and therefore their radiators are cost effective. I had my Camry radiator replaced 2 weeks ago at S$280 inclusive of labor and It is working perfectly fine.

Bring your own coolant if you are able to find cheaper one less than S$50.

That's good price.

Do they have radiators for conti cars too?

bro, check this out. evercool.com.sg

got mine from them and i'm very satisfied with what was offered. price might be slightly higher than others but the quality is good.

I wonder those radiator sealer in the market is useful or not or is it a temp solution?

I drove a BMW3 for full 10 years. Lots of problems so was looking to drive till end of COE and get another car. 6 months before COE expiry, my engine oil started leaking into the radiator, causing  brown sludge that caused my radiator to overheat. Workshop said it was an expensive job if the leak was from the engine block and will run into a few k.  Made no sense to spend that kind of money for a few more months.  I googled around and found K Seal. Can get it for $30 at Autobacs. Mostly positive reviews on eBay, etc.. I was desperate so I bought and poured one bottle into my radiator. Worked for a few days and then the leak recurred.  Then I tried a 2nd bottle and this time it worked like a charm!  I was worried that the leak will recur and bought a few bottles as backup when Autobacs had a 20% offer but the leak was sealed for remaining months until expiry.  I know there are some who warn about these sort of radiator sealers but I think K Seal is one of the best. Just google around and read the reviews overseas.  But I wouldn't do this if my car had at least a few years left - I will do a proper repair but if left with a few months then worth the risk in my view. They call it "Miracle in a Bottle" LOL.

Edited by Halo
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Just to share a lobang regarding radiator replacement or repairs.

My musso (ssangyong) radiator leak like mad and have to be replaced.  Look all over the place and either to expensive or cannot find.

But in the end managed to located one company? or shop?  called GLH (Goh Lee Hwa Automobile).  Turn out the owner Eric is the supplier of radiators for many singapore motor shops.  So ask him about my radiator and he proceed to order one for me from his company in China.

It was good. and finally the musso is running very smooth now.  and it is cheap!  Workmanship is beyond words....Eric loves car engine and he repairs them because he is very passion about it.  I will recommed him anytime for car repairs or radiator replacement!

Twincharged

Just to share a lobang regarding radiator replacement or repairs.

My musso (ssangyong) radiator leak like mad and have to be replaced.  Look all over the place and either to expensive or cannot find.

But in the end managed to located one company? or shop?  called GLH (Goh Lee Hwa Automobile).  Turn out the owner Eric is the supplier of radiators for many singapore motor shops.  So ask him about my radiator and he proceed to order one for me from his company in China.

It was good. and finally the musso is running very smooth now.  and it is cheap!  Workmanship is beyond words....Eric loves car engine and he repairs them because he is very passion about it.  I will recommed him anytime for car repairs or radiator replacement!

thanks stephen, are you eric's brother or employee?

Neutral Newbie

Well sorry to disappoint you, I am nether his brother or whatever.  I send my Musso for his to repairs the radiator.

If you cannot accept that a customer can recommends a good place for others...then I do not see why the need for this forum then?

Or are you another shop owner?

Edited by StephenLee

Supercharged

Well sorry to disappoint you, I am nether his brother or whatever. I send my Musso for his to repairs the radiator.

If you cannot accept that a customer can recommends a good place for others...then I do not see why the need for this forum then?

Or are you another shop owner?

mention once is sharing

mention more than once in different topics is unnecessary unless you are advertising

my altis 06/07 model radiator leaks.

on tight budget so asking for oem from sg and jb.

sg the lowest was around $150. Rang my usual spare part shop in jb was quoted RM265 ($85) including gst. - Brand is IRM

Lucky for me the leak was not too bad, I top up the radiator tank full brim and make my way to jb very early Saturday morning. Got it installed at my jb workshop for RM40.

So far so good.

this is one of the cheapest spare parts shop after I asked about 3 others.

So if you need the shop is SIMCO, 47 Jalan Shahbandar 3, Skudai 81300.

you can also whatsapp them before going down. +6016-7160589

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

Guys my radiator jacket leaking

Old coe pigkarp truck everywhere also leak :XD:

To reseal the water jacket’s gasket, the workshop needed 1 day becuase many parts to remove before reaching the radiator jacket

This is what I did:

Flush the radiator system (not just the radiator) deep deep (I spend about 2 hours doing this)

Flush x 3

Lots of rusty water come out

Put back the radiator hose

Fill wwith water water

Close engine hatch

Start engine to heat up the water for 10mins

Flush 3x

Fill water and run engine 10mins

Do until I songs

Then I added this 10% of this stuff

10%!!!!! Not more!!!!

I saw reviews saying this stop leak shit is crap and will clog radiators. So I put only 10% and serious flush the water system deep deep

Now radiator solved. Temp gauge show consistently lower temp

I believe the trick is

Very Deep engine flush

Very little (10%) of stop leak

I suspect that if your radiator is dirty and you pour in full bottle, hahahaa, jit Tao clog

https://s.lazada.sg/s.eOiI

• Praise 4

Supersonic

They say can crack an egg into the radiator also...

Wish you had tried first that and report back!

Sure boh, maybe that one was a cooking thread ?
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1