10 speed gearbox

Furrynadz

See the big fat lever behind the gearshift and next to the handbrake lever? That's the high/low gear selector.

Our boy here is suggesting that you get Gears 1 through 5 on Low, and Gears 1 through 5 on High.

Actually, he's underestimating, probably. He forgot to count Reverse gear twice.

really got such gearbox meh [:/]

Mitsubishi Tredia got such gear box set up umpteen year ago.

An additional lever for selection of economy or sport mode plus the normal lever for selection of 4 forward gears and one reverse gear.

I own one before but most of the time didn't utilise all the gear because they are too close.

Just use the first "Sport" or "Power" mode for hard pick up and the "Economy" mode like a 5th gear. [laugh]:wub:

An additional lever for selection of economy or sport mode plus the normal lever for selection of 4 forward gears and one reverse gear.

I own one before but most of the time didn't utilise all the gear because they are too close.

Just use the first "Sport" or "Power" mode for hard pick up and the "Economy" mode like a 5th gear. [laugh]:wub:

Didn't know got 10 gear thought that it is a puff statement. 10 gear can change gear till siao in sg

It's rather rare to see a differential gear lever on a wrx. Usually it's seen on 4x4 SUVs, High & Low selection for different terrain needs. Unless this car does offroad rallying it's pretty pointless on tarmac. I'm guessing the ex-owner install the gear lever which allows the gearbox to disengage the differential lock which turns the AWD to a 2WD to have better FC when say in city driving.

Edited by Watwheels

a mountain bike can goes beyond 27 speed...... but for what????

a bugatti veyron that reached a unreachable 407kph by many only need 7.............

but this is something new to me, a "10 speed" in an impreza....... never knew that a normal road car with such offroad feature.........

Ha... the mitsubishi Supershift

IMO, within SIN 6 speed is enough. Changing gear during traffic junction to junction is very stressful for GB.

Unless, you are always driving expressway 90% it may contribute to FC saving.

Reliability on the GB will be put to the test in SIN. Let's wait and hear the outcome of these 8 speed GB on conti car soon.