Changi Airport - World Best

Picnic06-Biante15

Wonder if anyone goes to Seletar Airport to look see look see.

I been there once many many years ago to take a helicopter ride for aerial photography. But it didnt materialise due to raining. Just sit in the airport until our take off window closes then go back home.

↡ Advertisement

Shopping and eating? Sure.

But the shops and eateries aren't even opened yet right?

I'm referring to the current terminals.

I'm referring to the current terminals.

You are replying to Adrianli and he is talking about visiting the new terminal leh.

I been there once many many years ago to take a helicopter ride for aerial photography. But it didnt materialise due to raining. Just sit in the airport until our take off window closes then go back home.

It depends on what the authorities want in an airport.

They can add a MRT train stop

They can add restaurants, lounges, places of interest, shopping centres, etc.

Instead of just for passengers going in/out, it can be more.

And people going there is not merely passengers.

It can be a family outing also.  [;)]

If you can make more money with the extra crowd, why not ?

You are replying to Adrianli and he is talking about visiting the new terminal leh.

I think he's not just referring to the new terminal but the whole airport overall to look see look see.

His only occasion to look see look see the airport was in 1982-1983. T1 back then was just a transit area with a few shops opened to the public. After that, he only goes there to transit, not look see look see.

But since the late 1990s, part of the airport has been opening shops and eateries to the public.

Now so many shops opened in especially T3, he should go look see look see again.

I just drive into the carpark once and peeked inside.

Nothing to look see look see.

I think he's not just referring to the new terminal but the whole airport overall to look see look see.

His only occasion to look see look see the airport was in 1982-1983. T1 back then was just a transit area with a few shops opened to the public. After that, he only goes there to transit, not look see look see.

But since the late 1990s, part of the airport has been opening shops and eateries to the public.

Now so many shops opened in especially T3, he should go look see look see again.

I just drive into the carpark once and peeked inside.

Nothing to look see look see.

I have been to T3 quite a number of times liao, cos taking SQ. Esp. the basement food court, ramen shop and NTUC. Also while waiting for my helper's flight arrival when it was delayed for 2 hours. So just wonder around the airport terminals.

I have been to T3 quite a number of times liao, cos taking SQ. Esp. the basement food court, ramen shop and NTUC. Also while waiting for my helper's flight arrival when it was delayed for 2 hours. So just wonder around the airport terminals.

The ramen shop is like no business these days.

Aiya I totally missed the news on this. Now registration full already.

Curious to see how they can do more with a smaller footprint.

Sob sob ...  :TT_TT:

Enjoy your tour.  [thumbsup]

Sorry guys!   I should have posted the information on the registration for the T4 open house here.   I didn't know that many are keen.  Next time I'll post.  [:)]

• Praise 4

Actually existing terminal quite good for family weekend outing. We brought my boy to the Pokémon, star war events recently. There is also one huge slide in T3. Many eateries around with lesser crowd compare to downtown area. Ample parking lot around.

• Praise 1

Sorry guys!   I should have posted the information on the registration for the T4 open house here.   I didn't know that many are keen.  Next time I'll post.  [:)]

Next time is T5 already ....  :XD:

aiiiiiyoooooo .....

• Praise 1

the self check in machine for boarding pass and luggage is quite fun to use. Only problem is the machine can't close one eye if your luggage is over the limit   [laugh]

Actually nowadays full service airlines baggage already 30kg allowance, should be enough unless going Alaska or Siberia ...  [laugh]

Twincharged

Actually existing terminal quite good for family weekend outing. We brought my boy to the Pokémon, star war events recently. There is also one huge slide in T3. Many eateries around with lesser crowd compare to downtown area. Ample parking lot around.

Ya. The huge slide can keep my kids occupied for hours.

Shopping and eating.

Nowadays the airport is also a shopping mall, not like T1 last time, only a transit area.

But I am not very pleased that they take away the viewing hall in T2 and half the area in T1. Last time can see the whole area with planes parking in the T1 viewing hall.

Ah yes. I recall T1 viewing gallery had a very good view of the runway. Sometimes students study there too. Cool place.

In future Jewel at Changi will be another big shopping mall too. Not sure how they can connect it to the existing and new Terminals for travellers, especially the transit ones. 

Sorry guys! I should have posted the information on the registration for the T4 open house here. I didn't know that many are keen. Next time I'll post. [:)]

c u at the open house

• Praise 1

You are going on 20th also? See u. :)

look out for 165kg guy... should be easy to spot

which time slot?

Edited by Enye
  • Praise 1

look out for 165kg guy... should be easy to spot

which time slot?

ð

Mine is 1.20pm.

Wow! You are 3.5x of my weight! I'm only 48kg wahaha