Changi Airport - World Best

Picnic06-Biante15

Wah, now it's bmw abuser spotted  [laugh]

what did pml do with the cars after the event? VW SE had called me before to ask if i was interested to get their sharan after some event, at a discounted price. Said clocked <1k.

long time (~12 yr) ago, an ex-colleague said his daughter found lobang for i think merc to register a car in her name, at a discounted rate, and the fleet of cars was for some event too. Then officially hand over only after the event, and can sell off at a decent profit, at a price that is still lower than new cars... But i thought need wait some mth before a new car is eligible for transfer...

I dont know what happened to the cars after the event. We retrieve the cars directly from Home Team Academy after their bomb sweep. We return the car to Home Team Academy too after end of event.

I am just a driver, I dont know what arrangement goes on behind. But during the event, the car is my responsibility.

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

Wah, now it's bmw abuser spotted  [laugh]

what did pml do with the cars after the event? VW SE had called me before to ask if i was interested to get their sharan after some event, at a discounted price. Said clocked <1k.

long time (~12 yr) ago, an ex-colleague said his daughter found lobang for i think merc to register a car in her name, at a discounted rate, and the fleet of cars was for some event too. Then officially hand over only after the event, and can sell off at a decent profit, at a price that is still lower than new cars... But i thought need wait some mth before a new car is eligible for transfer...

I was involved in the WTO event many years ago .  I heard that the cars were sold at discounted price after that.  Before the event already many people reserve liao.

I dont know what happened to the cars after the event. We retrieve the cars directly from Home Team Academy after their bomb sweep. We return the car to Home Team Academy too after end of event.

I am just a driver, I dont know what arrangement goes on behind. But during the event, the car is my responsibility.

So were you on-call for 24/7 during the event? and drove the car home - it being your responsibility?

The wife of your assignment likes go shopping... wonder whether any of the ministers got ask to bring to geylang or not?

I was involved in the WTO event many years ago .  I heard that the cars were sold at discounted price after that.  Before the event already many people reserve liao.

Yes, sure got discounts making it attractive for those already interested in the cars, but hope to get a better deal. But I always wonder how does the deal work for the ADs? The sponsoring companies really so good provide so many expensive cars to use for free meh? Cos they need to sell at discount to entice buyers. If one car discount is let's say $30k, if they provide 30 cars, will be close to $1mil already. The govt or organising body really never paid these companies meh? 

• Praise 1

(edited)

So were you on-call for 24/7 during the event? and drove the car home - it being your responsibility?

The wife of your assignment likes go shopping... wonder whether any of the ministers got ask to bring to geylang or not?

Cannot drive home lah. Previous event, ppl drive home and any how park, kena stomp!!! [laugh]  So have to surrender key and leave car in hotel. Overnight also got security sweep the cars. Mine is day time shift only from 8am to 10pm. Got standby drivers at night, in case Minister wana jiak hong or need to rush to airport and go home.

During my time, never heard of minister visit geylang. But got one fellow driver told me, he drove during the air show. Those Saudi Middle Eastern generals damn horny one. Ask him to help them get gals. So he contacted a mama-san from one of those KTV and let them settle among themselves. :gangs:

*in case I kena sue or hunt down. [dead]

Edited by Adrianli

Hypersonic

Cannot drive home lah. Previous event, ppl drive home and any how park, kena stomp!!! [laugh]  So have to surrender key and leave car in hotel. Overnight also got security sweep the cars. Mine is day time shift only from 8am to 10pm. Got standby drivers at night, in case Minister wana jiak hong or need to rush to airport and go home.

During my time, never heard of minister visit geylang. But got one fellow driver told me, he drove during the air show. Those Saudi generals damn horny one. Ask him to help them get gals. So he contacted a mama-san from one of those KTV and let them settle among themselves. :gangs:

wah lao...do part time chauffeur job also must standby to be tortise head

money very pai tan

but like that got excuse to give to wife if she discovers mama-san contacts in your phone 

[sweatdrop]  [grin]

Supersonic

wah lao...do part time chauffeur job also must standby to be tortise head

money very pai tan

but like that got excuse to give to wife if she discovers mama-san contacts in your phone 

[sweatdrop]  [grin]

actually 8 bucks per hour...

what kind of people typically sign up to drive this?

Hypersonic

perfect for you this type with 7 year itch, who is not in it for the money and just need the excuse

:D

(edited)

Property and insurance agent.

Lots of them. KNN, all wana gia siao insurance and property to me. Better not share ur contact when u sign up.

Last time no grab or uber. Nowadays, I dont know.

Edited by Adrianli

Supersonic
(edited)

perfect for you this type with 7 year itch, who is not in it for the money and just need the excuse

Okay. next event I tell my boss I take 2 weeks leave for this.

If I go back and find my job not there anymore, will you hire me as your kar kia?

I promise to tripod you everyday  [sweatdrop]

Edited by Kusje

Hypersonic

Okay. next event I tell my boss I take 2 weeks leave for this.

If I go back and find my job not there anymore, will you hire me as your kar kia?

I promise to tripod you everyday  [sweatdrop]

sorry your google skills cmi

During my time, never heard of minister visit geylang. But got one fellow driver told me, he drove during the air show. Those Saudi Middle Eastern generals damn horny one. Ask him to help them get gals. So he contacted a mama-san from one of those KTV and let them settle among themselves. :gangs:

*in case I kena sue or hunt down. [dead]

Oh yah, got security sweep, sure cannot drive home then. Later parked downstairs, let people do something to the car, then security breach...

Ministers maybe more kiasi, but soldiers confirmed more horny. And Saudis jin jialat. Tot got one case (concluded yet?) a Saudi diplomat molested a hotel intern...

oh, btw, i had meant go geylang eat the frog (not chicken) porridge or Mao San Wang durians, how come become look for mamasan  :XD:

*in case people associate me with geylang chicken (porridge)

(edited)

Do you know that locals and foreigners see things very differently? For some foreigners they see their own country if build an airport terminal it will take ages, lots of politics involved, lots of corruption and lots of technical issues. When they see Singapore have something build with such speed and efficiency (somemore it will also be featured in the Nat Geo channel) these ppl feel very envious. They will say,"Singapore is awesome!".

But locals will say something like this....,"Building T4 is way much faster then HDB BTOs".

See the vast difference....in perspective? [laugh]

First of all Changi Airport is world best so it has a reputation to upkeep. Secoundly, we rely on our tourism to keep our economy up. It's not difficult to see the prioirty given to it.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1