Short drive trip to Toronto or Montreal

Albeniz

Folks,

I will be in New York and hope to do a short drive trip up to Canada (e.g. Toronto or Montreal). Do you know of any good places to visit for these 2 locations.

Many thanks, your suggestions would be most helpful.

↡ Advertisement

Niagara falls is a must go, can spend 1 day there. In Toronto, go to CN tower. Yonge Street is the world's longest street. If you tell people up stay along Yonge street, they will ask u which fricking part? Hahaha. Canadians like to end their sentence with 'eh'.

I studied there for 3 years and got my PR there.

Edited by Fcw75

Folks,

I will be in New York and hope to do a short drive trip up to Canada (e.g. Toronto or Montreal). Do you know of any good places to visit for these 2 locations.

Many thanks, your suggestions would be most helpful.

not stopping over at niagara falls?

hmm i find ottawa is a nice place to go too

Eh bro, dun Sabo people leh. Ottawa is a damn boring place. All government buildings. Go to Quebec City better.

Thanks for the suggestions. Any advice on the custom clearance, lanes, rules etc while driving across the US/Canada border?

Eh bro, dun Sabo people leh. Ottawa is a damn boring place. All government buildings. Go to Quebec City better.

oh...lust time went ottawa was pretty nice. watched some guard changing parade, free guided tour on their paliament buildings. A quick stop i think it is pretty ok.

Ya quebec is nice too (think too far for TS liao)...if like that i like Prince Edward Islands too...so remote..red soil..so country all the way to Nova Scotia and NewFoundland (jialat later make TS more luan) [lipsrsealed]

montreal (i went to st catherine's street iirc) .. its basically an entire street full of strip bars and naked chicks. with a church right in the middle. if it's all dudes, can do. family vacation / got char boh ... no need to go already.

i still remember my idiot room mate ... getting a lap dance ... and he slapped the strippers ass so loud .. the bouncer came running over ... thought gonna tio hantam ... heng my room mate got one of those kinky girls who just turned around and told him .. "is that all you got?" then she continued with her lap dance while me and the other 2 guys heart nearly jump out of our chest ...

Niagara falls is a must go, can spend 1 day there. In Toronto, go to CN tower. Yonge Street is the world's longest street. If you tell people up stay along Yonge street, they will ask u which fricking part? Hahaha. Canadians like to end their sentence with 'eh'.

I studied there for 3 years and got my PR there.

What are the criteria to get a PR in Canada, is it easier than USA?

What are the criteria to get a PR in Canada, is it easier than USA?

I am thinking it would be easier to get than USA.

Still got the points system. I studied there so it helps. I got the PR for my gf too, as a 'common-law partner'.

I actually got the PR back here in SG, not there. I came back, worked for 2 years then applied. Submitted in 2003, approved in 2008. 5 fricking years! [laugh]

If u like racing, reserve yr Montreal trip for next years f1. Fantastic atmosphere even without all the extra entertainment.

As for touring Montreal, theres basically a very nice church there and some nice bistros. Really nothing much but the city has a very nice european feel and they can and will speak English. Ppl are friendly n polite.

NYC was my fav. Ultimate shopping, musicals, food...crazy plc, i love it!

Thanks for the suggestions. Any advice on the custom clearance, lanes, rules etc while driving across the US/Canada border?

I was driven from the western side, vancouver to seattle. To US, customs damn strict, processing was long. Since u go from US, shd b better.

Oso try nt to buy things in US n bring into Canada...may kena tax.

Thanks folks for all your suggestions. Just came back to New York from Montreal (Canada).

Everyone speaks French there and I thought I was in France. Even all the road signs are in French!

Will post pictures to share when I have time.

Thanks folks for all your suggestions. Just came back to New York from Montreal (Canada).

Everyone speaks French there and I thought I was in France. Even all the road signs are in French!

You are there now?? I thought you are still in Singapore and planning to go there soon.

Yes, the people in Montreal feel they are more French than Canadian so they always speak French there first. I speak to them in English and they replied back in French. I am a Chinese so of course there's a high chance I can't speak French ma. Did you walk their underground mall/pass that link all their shopping centers? Very useful in winter.

But if you go to Quebec city, it is even worse. It is even more France than Montreal. The people, language, buildings, scenery, etc.

Edited by Fcw75

You are there now?? I thought you are still in Singapore and planning to go there soon.

Yes, the people in Montreal feel they are more French than Canadian so they always speak French there first. I speak to them in English and they replied back in French. I am a Chinese so of course there's a high chance I can't speak French ma. Did you walk their underground mall/pass that link all their shopping centers? Very useful in winter.

But if you go to Quebec city, it is even worse. It is even more France than Montreal. The people, language, buildings, scenery, etc.

I stayed in Hotel Universel, which was just beside the Olympic Parc. The stadium was used for the Olympic events in 1976.

The nearest metro (MRT) station at the hotel was Viau and I took the MRT to Place-des-Arts station.

Return trip ticket was 5.5 Can dollars.

Yes, the underground shopping center is at Place-des-Arts and they have a Chinatown there.

post-17532-1348619865_thumb.jpg

Edited by Albeniz

Some photos taken at Chinatown.

Had dinner at the Cantonese restaurant. Quail cost 4 Canadian dollars. First time eating and found that there isn't much meat. Should have ordered roasted duck instead.

post-17532-1348620677_thumb.jpg

post-17532-1348620717_thumb.jpg

post-17532-1348620746_thumb.jpg

Edited by Albeniz

Sorry i didn't see this thread earlier. So did you go to Old Quebec City? I loved that place....and even if you are not catholic, the church (notre dam) is worth a visit because it is simply impressive, with an especially stunning interior.

↡ Advertisement