• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
15 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:10 AM

Vhtfhwlego
  • Premium member
    Vhtfhwlego
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Short listed the 3, need comments to decide.

Tribeca -
My Likes:
Love it or hate it exterior, beauty interior, rear airon, multi-function steering wheel, rare, 250BHP.

My Dislikes:
Running cost, huge blind spots while turning into MSCP, high FC

Vanguard
My Likes:
Low running cost, low FC?, Same as my company's name. Slap the full company name behind, bid for number and can ask boss to fund for me laugh.gif

My Dislikes:
No presence felt, just another Toyota....

Pajero 3.0

Dislike:
Running cost, high FC?, neighbour got a full specs 3.8 while I drive 3.0 unsure.gif

24th Aug 2006, we lost a planet!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:23 AM

Tayspiderx
  • Tayspiderx
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Prado also similar to Pajero and its parts is similar to Fortuner so easily sourced

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:43 AM

Gee
  • Gee
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I like Tribeca,
but i'm bias happy.gif

so and so - capitaine lentement

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:49 AM

Fitmugen
  • Fitmugen
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I owned vanguard before.

Pro: high specs. Cruise ctrl, xenon lights, push start, keyless, dual zone a/c. Fuel saver- 10-11 km/l. Powerful 2.4 engine. Same platform as rav4, parts no prob

con: last row squeezy, only for kids for long journeys. No spare tire

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:53 AM

Vhtfhwlego
  • Premium member
    Vhtfhwlego
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I owned vanguard before.

Pro: high specs. Cruise ctrl, xenon lights, push start, keyless, dual zone a/c. Fuel saver- 10-11 km/l. Powerful 2.4 engine. Same platform as rav4, parts no prob

con: last row squeezy, only for kids for long journeys. No spare tire

thats good to know.
Any difference between the 2 on sale now?
Must get the CVT GB to have this type of FC right?

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:54 AM

Vhtfhwlego
  • Premium member
    Vhtfhwlego
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I like Tribeca,
but i'm bias happy.gif

How's the FC?

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:54 AM

Vhtfhwlego
  • Premium member
    Vhtfhwlego
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Prado also similar to Pajero and its parts is similar to Fortuner so easily sourced

Did consider but pricy...

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:33 PM

Gee
  • Gee
    6th Gear
    Author Image

How's the FC?

i think it should be on par with other 3.0L range SUVs.
about 10km/l ?

here you can compare FC, it's a US site so some models may not be there.
KPL is about half of MPG (0.425 to be exact)
http://www.fuelecono...t...96&id=32152

so and so - capitaine lentement

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:33 AM

Fitmugen
  • Fitmugen
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

thats good to know.
Any difference between the 2 on sale now?
Must get the CVT GB to have this type of FC right?

Think all Vanguard uses 7-speed steptronic gearbox. Only Rav4 got difference. Borneo one uses 4speed gearbox which results in poorer FC, while PI uses 7speed

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:04 AM

Holdenutessv
  • Premium member
    Holdenutessv
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Think all Vanguard uses 7-speed steptronic gearbox. Only Rav4 got difference. Borneo one uses 4speed gearbox which results in poorer FC, while PI uses 7speed

The 7-speed is a CVT, not steptronic. Steptronic is like the tiptronic. Toyota's version of steptronic is ECT. happy.gif
Error 404: Signature Not Found

Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:25 PM

Ironstarz
  • Ironstarz
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Anyone still driving Vanguard ? Or used to drive it ? Can share is it a good drive ?
Talk is cheap

Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:44 PM

Heman75
  • Premium member
    Heman75
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Anyone still driving Vanguard ? Or used to drive it ? Can share is it a good drive ?

it is an extended version of RAV4. drove in USA .. so so lor.. the typical toyota suv feel. i wont wan to own . i rather go for the cx5

Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:47 PM

Ironstarz
  • Ironstarz
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Why won’t want to own ? Fuel consumption too bad ?
Talk is cheap

Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:56 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Vanguard getting very rare now. 

Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 12 September 2018 - 08:42 PM

Ironstarz
  • Ironstarz
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Because I saw a few units on sale on sgCarMart , majority 10 year renewed Coe instead of 5 . Hence I’m wondering is it really reliable . Also replacement parts whether avail easily I also dunno 🤷‍♂️
Talk is cheap

Posted 12 September 2018 - 09:12 PM

Heman75
  • Premium member
    Heman75
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Why won’t want to own ? Fuel consumption too bad ?

the driving feel is not good.. floating...

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users