Import dogs

Heavenspirit

Anyone knows what's the procedure if i want to purchase n import bulldog from jb? Been searching around in spore, but the price for bulldog is a bit high , 3k and above.

↡ Advertisement

Go check AVA website on the procedures. Dogs will need to be quarantined if imported from M'sia. Quarantine should be around $26.25 (for air-con room, important for dogs like bulldog) per day for a month.

http://www.ava.gov.sg/NR/rdonlyres/A17F6A0...itions_CatD.pdf

Btw, bulldog will need to be kept in a cool place. Their thick fat make living in hot climate difficult. Anyway, for dogs like bulldog which has some known common problems and there is a shift in 'breed standard' (smaller head, fewer skin folds, a longer muzzle, taller, thinner, able to be born naturally instead of C-section, etc.) in recent years, it is better to make sure the breeder has done all the health test eg. Hip score, DNA test for genetic diseases, respiratory problems, etc. Better to spend more for a dog from a good breeder (not puppy mill/farm) and possibly will have less medical bills in future. For most breeds, importing from decent, KC registered breeders (usually from Aust, New Zealand, the UK, etc) will be upwards of $4k.

Edited by Silver_blade

are you staying in HDB? only certain bulldogs are allowed in hdb especially only those smaller ones. Make sure the breed you are getting is under HDB list of approved dogs. once pple complain that is the end of your dog.

Anyone knows what's the procedure if i want to purchase n import bulldog from jb? Been searching around in spore, but the price for bulldog is a bit high , 3k and above.

my neghbour imported his bulldog from malaysia too.

heard need to go for certain jabs in malaysia and get the jab certification or something. than apply import permit.

with the approved documents, need to apply ava for quarantine for a month. need to pay for quarantine period too. All this takes time and money.

you will miss out the dog's puppy life, so where's the fun of having a pup? and it cost in the range of $3k if u get a lousy breeder in jb otherwise the dog might cost more..

seriously, 3k is cheap for a british bulldog in singapore unless u are talking about french bull dog, its market rate.

Edited by Tom_kkh

KC registered breeders from aust should produce better quality pups & under stricter regulations to ensure well being of breeding stock. But it is also more expensive to import. Some of the better breeders will not even export their pup. While some prefer to meet potential buyer & family, so need to make a trip there.

Good suggestion, especially if TS is ok to look at other breeds.

1st step should ideally be adoption otherwise go to good breeders. Personally I wouldn't look at in between cos too many known issues about puppy mills & unknow medical condition.

why choose a temperamental dog? :blink:

temperamental?

bull dogs are friendly, gentle and sweet :wub:

don be fooled by tom and jerry cartoon [:p][laugh]:D

Edited by Tom_kkh

temperamental?

bull dogs are friendly, gentle and sweet :wub:

don be fooled by tom and jerry cartoon [:p][laugh]:D

friendly only to direct owner...

have you ever heard that once a bulldog bites you, it will not let go off his jaws until given orders by the owner .... [sweatdrop]

if I am not mistaken, bulldogs are rise for fighting in other countries... [sly]

have you ever heard that once a bulldog bites you, it will not let go off his jaws until given orders by the owner .... [sweatdrop]

if I am not mistaken, bulldogs are rise for fighting in other countries... [sly]

those were specially breed for fighting and in some countries only. those bred as pet are docile and sweet.

I have encountered much bulldogs in my life and my neighbor has one. they are super sweet even to strangers.

don be fool by their "i bite u till death face", u be surprise [laugh]

one pet shop in pasir ris pet shop got 2 free roaming bulldogs. many pet owners bring their dogs be it small or big breed to shop there play a bit rough maybe due to their mass but never attack any dogs, otherwise the pet shop would have been sued years back.

Edited by Tom_kkh

Can ask Cesar Milan to help.... Do the "shht" thingy....

Bull dogs are friendly? It attacks baby.

<a href="http://www.kgw.com/news/Pit-bull-kills-baby-injures-3-in-Tillamook-125020824.html" target="_blank">http://www.kgw.com/news/Pit-bull-kills-bab...-125020824.html

</a>

Some part of it depend on if the breeding is done well but a lot of it depend on how these dogs are trained (or the lack of it). Dogs like pit bull terrier, Rottweilers, etc...are often seems as dangerous dogs. But in most attack cases involving such dogs were due to a lack of proper training (or are trained to be aggressive) and some times due to bad breeding or both. Many think those small white cute dogs are ok...but a lot of attacks by those dogs when unreported b'cos it is less deadly & some people tends to be more forgiving towards small breeds.

Having said that, bull dogs need someone who know the breed well & know how to motivate & train it.

↡ Advertisement