Cruze with annoying buzzing noise from seatbelt compartment

Rocki_

Neutral Newbie

dear bros and tai-gors out there
I have my Cruze 1.6 LS (A) for a year now.
And I am still clueless how to get rid of this buzzing noise coming from the seatbelt compartment (near driver’s right ear, where we grab the seatbelt).
It is not there all the time, it is getting worse now. Being there most of the time.
It can get worse triggered by songs with heavy bass (no kidding).
It is not sound in my head (tested by other drivers).
It sounds like friction to the seatbelt inside the compartment. Rubbing the seatbelt with by rough fingers can generate a similar buzzing noise.
No way to stop it when it happened. It comes and go.
It sometimes happen even when car not moving but only engine started.
It is notice-able even with radio on because it is close to my right ear.
The one on the passenger side has the same issue, not as noticeable because it is far from my ears.

From the previous visits to Chevrolet center, test drive with the technician has failed to ‘simulate’ the buzzing noise.
The technicians claimed they have opened up the seatbelt compartment but found nothing abnormal or faulty.

Please let me know if anyone faced this similar issue and recommend me with the possible root cause and solution.

Thank you very very much in advance
Rocki

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

dear bros and tai-gors out there

I have my Cruze 1.6 LS (A) for a year now.

And I am still clueless how to get rid of this buzzing noise coming from the seatbelt compartment (near driver

Neutral Newbie

i had similar experience but on a diff car, sound come from the lever to adjust seatbelt height. hope that helps u.

Thanks for the reply.

I tried multiple levels seatbelt height, did not see improvement... :(

Neutral Newbie

1st make very sure exactly e sound comes fm. Then u see how to stop it.

A couple of times i also tot buzz sound fm seatbelt harness but then found sound was fm e sunglass holder above driver window.

[blush]

Thanks for the tips. I will double check it again.

But sometimes there is buzzing from the passenger seat seatbelt harness too...

Neutral Newbie

yeah for me mine was the lever itself causing the noise, could duplicate the sound on a lower level by shaking the lever, maybe u can try that ?

tried.. the level seems ok.

no way to dplicate or simulate the noise... xian......

Cruze is not going to stop annoying u...hehe...when i reverse there is a friction sound coming out from back wheels....now my push start is giving me problem.... guess too high tech... seat hitting against the side creating some noise when driving...n i hv to adjust the hit in such a way that it wont hit the side...initially tot something is loose... overall still a nt too bad car... by the way, i saw Cruze in Australia but under Holden brand name...

• Praise 1

the cruze try to have lexus'' silent interior, unforturnately the built quality is not lexus..leather seat rub against side panel ,seat belt joint parts or whatsover...in years to come when car is 4 or 5 yrs old u will be annoyed by aircon, engine rattling noise may be...these noise is common to all car except more annoying to car that has good silent interior.

• Praise 1

Cruze is not going to stop annoying u...hehe...when i reverse there is a friction sound coming out from back wheels....now my push start is giving me problem.... guess too high tech... seat hitting against the side creating some noise when driving...n i hv to adjust the hit in such a way that it wont hit the side...initially tot something is loose... overall still a nt too bad car... by the way, i saw Cruze in Australia but under Holden brand name...

Looks like e cruze is a headache car.

Lucky i got e optra. Dun hv any problems fr a 7 year old car.

not only Cruze have this issue, personally heard it from Swift, Forte before... seems like a common problem.. something has to do with air slipping in the door panel.

• Praise 1

not only Cruze have this issue, personally heard it from Swift, Forte before... seems like a common problem.. something has to do with air slipping in the door panel.

If wooshing or ppssss sound cos air getting in fm e door rubber seal u need to chk if its worn or damaged. Or yr door alignment is out or door sagging. Get a ws to adjust it.

Or cud b window rubber seal too.

I dun understand, why you guys having so much problems. Mine have almost completed 30kkm, and still serving me well and quiet. Follow regular service table. By the way, I'm owning the 122bhp type.

Recently, I have just heard ppl having clutches problem also. But none of these problems on mine. -_-

• Praise 1

I dun understand, why you guys having so much problems. Mine have almost completed 30kkm, and still serving me well and quiet. Follow regular service table. By the way, I'm owning the 122bhp type.

Recently, I have just heard ppl having clutches problem also. But none of these problems on mine. -_-

aiyah it's all about heng suay...the tyres given to me another problem also...skid a few times in wet weather at 50km/hr when it is brand new....they gave me a K415...recently barely 25K my tyre punctured...send to the workshop nearby...show me tyre crack & harden [shakehead] - i parked under covered carpark n wonder why this is so ...anyway, i have intended to change all 4 tyres given the unpleasant incidents I encountered during wet season....change all 4 to XM2... tested it on the wet road and driving thru puddle yesterday...so much better... [thumbsup] im having the same 122 bhp type PEPS model..scuff plate water seepage some more...sigh...problematic...

the cruze try to have lexus'' silent interior, unforturnately the built quality is not lexus..leather seat rub against side panel ,seat belt joint parts or whatsover...in years to come when car is 4 or 5 yrs old u will be annoyed by aircon, engine rattling noise may be...these noise is common to all car except more annoying to car that has good silent interior.

I dunno yet, but the drive is better than other korean made cars so far.... i understand Ford has this issue as well when I check w a friend of mine...

aiyah it's all about heng suay...the tyres given to me another problem also...skid a few times in wet weather at 50km/hr when it is brand new....they gave me a K415...recently barely 25K my tyre punctured...send to the workshop nearby...show me tyre crack & harden [shakehead] - i parked under covered carpark n wonder why this is so ...anyway, i have intended to change all 4 tyres given the unpleasant incidents I encountered during wet season....change all 4 to XM2... tested it on the wet road and driving thru puddle yesterday...so much better... [thumbsup] im having the same 122 bhp type PEPS model..scuff plate water seepage some more...sigh...problematic...

Wah. Really suay. I drove twice to Penang and once to Genting. So far so good. Touch wood. My neighbour, a PRC family, got the same car and so far so good.

Besides this I am happy with FC for such a heavyweight.

[:)]

Edited by HP_Lee

I dunno yet, but the drive is better than other korean made cars so far.... i understand Ford has this issue as well when I check w a friend of mine...

This kimchi is under GM. Of course is different from those TRUE kimchi. The drive experience is pretty close to my C180. [thumbsup] This car is not meant for cheongster, but is great for as family car. Just love the tank like feeling.

Edited by HP_Lee

This kimchi is under GM. Of course is different from those TRUE kimchi. The drive experience is pretty close to my C180. [thumbsup] This car is not meant for cheongster, but is great for as family car. Just love the tank like feeling.

Agree...it's a heavy car...drive experience is something i appreciate greatly n it's a [thumbsup] family car...

↡ Advertisement