Bad service from Top93, ubi

SGCMniceguy

I went this shop with my son to get his new 116i new shoes (the only thing i can give for his new car). After surf online, was found that several good reviews (www.bmw.sg) about this BMW wheels shop. So no harm, went down from Pasir Ris to this wonderful shop with great hope to his new wheels. When we reached this tyre shop, we were greeted by two young men, I think they are tiremen. They were very helpful and we have no doubt looking and take our time to find suitable wheels for my son 116i...when we found one nice set of wheels, we were offered $2200 for a set of used wheels plus tyres. It was really overbudget. We then asked how much they can take in our wheels. they only can offered $300. For a set of RFT wheels which only used for 3 months, they only take in $300. We were very shocked. Then, I asked for discount, they have changed the price to $3300. The boss came out from the office and started bluffing us, they made a mistake telling us the wrong price. The boss, I think his name is Ah Yang, start barking at us saying "If you want cheap wheels, don't come here in mandarin!" I looked at him, and reply " I thought your company has good reputation and why your attitude so rude". He replied to me saying, "My shop sells expensive wheels, small car like you all, we don't do business...". To my shock again, this boss was so rude and impolite, very much like holigan by the road side. Immediately, I told my son to leave this awful place and remember not to visit this shop anymore. I believe all Singaporeans are not from wealthy family, but at least we deserved some respects. My son bought a new BMW by himself, though it is small, but I don't think he should be treated badly. Felt very shame on this tire shop, especially the boss. [furious]

Edited by SGCMniceguy
↡ Advertisement

Hi, jus FYI, RFT aren't really popular at all due to the stiffness in the sidewalls that make the ride harder and more uncomfortable and in spore where there are tyre shops and tow trucks everywhere, RFT lose much of their relevance. That's shd explain the low trade in values quoted. Besides, 2nd hand tyres are really going for a large % off their original prices.

As for Ah Yang's attitude, I am rather shocked to hear your story. Regardless of what I drive in to ah yang, even my mums' 20 year old W124 for a tyre and 2nd hand wheel change, he has never gave me the impression that he measured customers by the cars they drive. In my short 6 months of getting to know him, I have introduced Frends and my family members to him driving all kinds of cars and all were v happy with his service and price levels.

From what I know of ah yang, I strongly believe that there must either b a misunderstanding somewhere or there are certain aspects to your story that may not be fully represented or are absent in your post. Not just me, I believe many of whom have delt with ah yang would agree that he is a soft spoken and honest man.

I am not a frend of ah yang, just a customer who has known him for abt half a year and my experiences with him has been the direct opposite from what u described. I am jus posting my experience as I do not wish to see a good shop's reputation go down the drain like that. It takes so long to build a good reputation and name and I have to give ah yang the credit that he deserves.

I went this shop with my son to get his new 116i new shoes (the only thing i can give for his new car). After surf online, was found that several good reviews (www.bmw.sg) about this BMW wheels shop. So no harm, went down from Pasir Ris to this wonderful shop with great hope to his new wheels. When we reached this tyre shop, we were greeted by two young men, I think they are tiremen. They were very helpful and we have no doubt looking and take our time to find suitable wheels for my son 116i...when we found one nice set of wheels, we were offered $2200 for a set of used wheels plus tyres. It was really overbudget. We then asked how much they can take in our wheels. they only can offered $300. For a set of RFT wheels which only used for 3 months, they only take in $300. We were very shocked. Then, I asked for discount, they have changed the price to $3300. The boss came out from the office and started bluffing us, they made a mistake telling us the wrong price. The boss, I think his name is Ah Yang, start barking at us saying "If you want cheap wheels, don't come here in mandarin!" I looked at him, and reply " I thought your company has good reputation and why your attitude so rude". He replied to me saying, "My shop sells expensive wheels, small car like you all, we don't do business...". To my shock again, this boss was so rude and impolite, very much like holigan by the road side. Immediately, I told my son to leave this awful place and remember not to visit this shop anymore. I believe all Singaporeans are not from wealthy family, but at least we deserved some respects. My son bought a new BMW by himself, though it is small, but I don't think he should be treated badly. Felt very shame on this tire shop, especially the boss. [furious]

Point No. 1: Goodness knows whether you ran 3k or 10k in the three months you had the tyre. RFT not popular in Singapore, plus he still has to make a profit selling your tires. If I were you, I'll be laughing and taking the deal.

Point No. 2: You have not told us the size of the tyre or the rims that he recommended you. For your info, there are used rims out there that are $2200 plus tires, even if it is used. A friend of mine recently changed to a second hand 18 in rims, and with fresh tires, it did cost him almost 3k.

Point No. 3: Quite a number of us have dealt with the man in question. I have never bought anything from the shop, but my friends have and I have also enquired on prices before. At no time have they ever been rude to me or my friends. In fact, they offer some of the most competitive prices around. I got my set of Pilot Super Sport from another supplier at a lower price because of the price that Top93 was selling at. Top 93 and its staff weren't rude at any point, I changed somewhere else because Ubi was a little far from me.

Don't need to point out whether your son bought a BMW by himself or not. I have never asked for money from my parents in terms of car buying or car expenses. It doesn't make me any different. Respect is mutual. For a company and its staff who are known for decent service to behave in such a manner, either there's something you're not telling us or maybe it might not be the truth. My two cents worth.

• Dislike 1

You guys must be supporters of Top93. My son and I were never expected this to happpen as well. But we just wanted everyone to know, how we were treated when we wanted cheaper wheels and this was what really happen. Believe it or not. This shop only does expensive business, small fish like us only cost a nickle to them. Boycott them is my way, sharing my true experience is to notify everyone how you will be treated if you are driving small car. Apology if this boss is your friend, but my son and I really treated like sh*t. Spoilt the wholeday mood!

Thanks for sharing your unhappy incident happened in this shop, we definately support you all the way not to visit such a shop again. Hope to hear more of such shops in future and we will give it a miss.

yes,the boss very haolian one,

with a big mole on his face.

iam not surprise that he judge car as i had my fair share of experience.

Edited by Turbonetics

Can some mcf bros with worn tyres go there to test water,

see which category the boss belongs to..... :D

This shop sells very expensive rims n tyres.

Even their used BMW rims with RFT selling at more than $1200..

A huge profits if taking in $300 of customers trade in rims...

My favourite tyre shop is South East at Kaki Bukit. Always pleased with their service. Using wrench to tighten the nuts, washing of rims, etc.

From my experience, price is $5 more ex per tyre compared to LS but I rather pay more for piece of mind than let those ah tiongs at LS handle my car.

They have a very wide range of BBS rims so those who want these rims, can go there to see see.

Edited by Fcw75

My favourite tyre shop is South East at Kaki Bukit. Always pleased with their service. Using wrench to tighten the nuts, washing of rims, etc.

From my experience, price is $5 more ex per tyre compared to LS but I rather pay more for piece of mind than let those ah tiongs at LS handle my car.

They have a very wide range of BBS rims so those who want these rims, can go there to see see.

Go to wkshop that u comfortable with... Good for u does not mean good for others...

The mechs don't scratch your rims does not mean they will not scratch others while changing tyres...

Go to wkshop that u comfortable with... Good for u does not mean good for others...

The mechs don't scratch your rims does not mean they will not scratch others while changing tyres...

totally agreed...

i noticed that there are both good and bad reviews on Top9E. however, on my personal experience with Top9E, i had a really good deal with them. very good trade-in value of my rims. i was having personal issues and was not able to install the rims i ordered and he (boss) was willing to hold the transaction.

i am very surprised by the comment made by TS, however, i am not saying that he was making it up.

at the end of it all, some of us here had good experience while others did not. overall judgement shall depend on individuals.

Edited by 987

Everyone have their way of doing biz as maybe yur son drive a Buy more Worry car so he think that yur u got $$$ so he help u cut down yur worry

if u want a good set of rims.

probably those who have good experience with the shop can share wat ride u have and the cost of ur rims and tyres and such, same goes to those who gotten bad experiences.

from there onwards, future mcfers can determine where they wanna patronize this shop with their category of their rides.

there are so many tire shops in singapore. If you are looking for affordable tires, you can try other more affordable shops. You are giving them business and you do not need to take this type of s***.

To me...no matter whether the customer is right or wrong....in no way a person in business should treat them that way...Tyreshop everywhere....can afford to have one less....

Edited by LoverofCar

Hi there i am sorry to hear about your bad experience. Thanks for your feedback. I will avoid this shop in future.

But to be honest we really need to know the rim sizes and tire profiles before we know if the price is reasonable. For example a set of 20" low profile Yokohama tires on Breytons riims can exceed $3k....

I usually get a quote from several shops. In the past i go to Raymond at RaySportRim 97772626 at kakit bukit. They r experienced with staggered configs for bms n Raymond has alwayd been approachable and friendly. So give him a try.

see:http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/ray-s-sport-rim-center/65741-new-bmw-cars-breytons-your-viewing-pleasure.html

Edited by NightWind
↡ Advertisement