Amaron Battery

VellfireS

I replaced mine last month during the major servicing and it cost me $110........can't rem what rating mine is but I'm driving an Altis.......

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

75ah....someone posted before that it is around S$180 at eng wah.

my 75ah battery of less than 10 months also like going to give way.

time to get myself a amaron battery.

amaron pro is a good brand for battery.

i just changed too.

if i am not wrong, there are fake ones selling in the market.

anyway the price quoted by TS aka Carrot Man, is damn expensive. [laugh]

Edited by Ladykillerz

amaron pro is a good brand for battery.

i just changed too.

if i am not wrong, there are fake ones selling in the market.

anyway the price quoted by TS aka Carrot Man, is damn expensive. [laugh]

Haha.. This carrot man now really emo liao.. Well.. a lesson learnt the expensive way.. [bigcry] [bigcry]

230 is really carrot for amaron 75 ah. Topup abit more can get varta Liao.

I will never get Varta,very lousy nowadays,just last 13 months.

I will never get Varta,very lousy nowadays,just last 13 months.

I think there are at least 2 types of Varta:

1. The ones that came original with MB, has a label Made in Germany - Good

2. All others without any label of its origin. Questionable where it's made in - Average/Poor

Just like buying tyres, the same brand tyre usually has much better quality made in Europe, than made in Thailand.

wah bro you kena kotok [knife] liao.

Got mine for $75 for 35mah. probably yours is around $140 plus minus.

Last time also last min flat change at the balestier tyre shop, $150 for globatt brand. konk out within 10months. :angry:

Now on my 2nd amaron liao.

Haha last time sell my dad's van batt on marketplace here, not sure what amperage, use 6 months liao still got people snatch. [laugh]

I think there are at least 2 types of Varta:

1. The ones that came original with MB, has a label Made in Germany - Good

2. All others without any label of its origin. Questionable where it's made in - Average/Poor

Just like buying tyres, the same brand tyre usually has much better quality made in Europe, than made in Thailand.

Local Varta agent only bring in the South America version...no more German made....Surprised anyone noticed,Amaron & Varta belongs to the same big boss.?[Johnson Control Inc].?

Local Varta agent only bring in the South America version...no more German made....Surprised anyone noticed,Amaron & Varta belongs to the same big boss.?[Johnson Control Inc].?

The last varta battery I got is Made in China if I remember correctly..... and its sucks....

wah bro you kena kotok [knife] liao.

Got mine for $75 for 35mah. probably yours is around $140 plus minus.

Last time also last min flat change at the balestier tyre shop, $150 for globatt brand. konk out within 10months. :angry:

Now on my 2nd amaron liao.

Haha last time sell my dad's van batt on marketplace here, not sure what amperage, use 6 months liao still got people snatch. [laugh]

hahhaha.. I was really in a bo pian situation.. What to do.. I dont think I just tio kotok.. I tio kotok big time la.. haha..

I heard about Bosch bro.. Is it good?

Lesson learnt. Glad you have moved on.

I recommend Leong Seng the next time u want battery change. But make sure you are around so that they use a backup battery.

The last varta battery I got is Made in China if I remember correctly..... and its sucks....

Mine lasted two n half year till going strong when I sold my ride half yr back. Not sure made in where.

Lesson learnt. Glad you have moved on.

I recommend Leong Seng the next time u want battery change. But make sure you are around so that they use a backup battery.

Roger bro.. Thanks.. [;)]

Bros and Sis,

My ride suddenly could not start today for no apparent reason.. bo pian.. Jump start then went to change battery.. I was quoted $230 for the battery shown below.. Since I really no choice as I was rushing , I agreed.. Just curious.. Is it worth the $$ I paid?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/87993356@N08/8046563589/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/87993356@N08/8046566509/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/87993356@N08/8046563589/

P.S Cant embed the image.. Dont know why..

Aiyah LL in that kind of situation. Got the same batt put in two weeks ago myself. Batt + call out fee + change of terminal (it was in quite bad shape as the old one leaked) for $205 (or was it $215??) from one of our sponsors. You got a little chopped lah, but don't brood since it already done. Just don't go change batt from this guy again [:p][laugh]

↡ Advertisement