Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
202 replies to this topic | 25 praises

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:39 PM

Newdrive
  • Newdrive
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi guys,
Some of you might be aware I am buying a second hand Jazz... this is AA evaluation report.

I am not a merchanical person so need some expert advise if its worth to get this car.

Particularly these few issues:
- Rattling noise when change "D" to "R" : Is this serious? Gearbox related? Need repair or replace?
- Bottom of gearbox seepage: Can this be fixed? Will it affect my gearbox?
- Possible missing front reinforcement bar: AA told me yesterday they check a newer Jazz model have this but mine don't have. Can any 2005 Jazz owner advise me? Heard from AA it can be quite serious as I dun have any front protection without this bar.

Please also point out if anything you feel is critical (minus cosmetic)...

Thank you so much! sad.gif
QUOTE (AboutLove)
About Love Production - Pre Wedding, Events & Travel Photography

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:47 PM

TVT
  • Premium member
    TVT
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Still need to ask? ohmy.gif

It is obvious you should not buy this car.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:53 PM

Darryn
  • Premium member
    Darryn
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Still need to ask? ohmy.gif

It is obvious you should not buy this car.

Yeah...

Both front and back showing signs of accident repair, sounds like the car buang pretty bad.

And lack of bar would seem to reinforce this (damaged and they never replace)

Behold the tortoise! He only makes progress when he sticks his neck out.
All that's required for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:54 PM

Clubace
  • Clubace
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Definitely a no-go.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:59 PM

Tohto
  • Premium member
    Tohto
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Gear box is anothers problem. The leakage showed that GB can be faulty soon.
GB repair can be very expensive.

There are many 2nd hand Jazz in the market, look for another one.

Edited by Tohto, 03 October 2012 - 03:00 PM.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:03 PM

Newdrive
  • Newdrive
    4th Gear
    Author Image

thanks for the advise! smile.gif i will drop this deal then.
QUOTE (AboutLove)
About Love Production - Pre Wedding, Events & Travel Photography

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:44 PM

Cougar3331
  • Cougar3331
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Wah, Super detailed. This car is just cui liao loh. If close deal, sure cry...

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:47 PM

Sp4wn
  • Premium member
    Sp4wn
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

yup look for another one bro. those are quite costly problems to resolve ... plus safety seems to be an issue ... dont risk it!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

Beng2
  • Beng2
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Exhaust changed to aftermarket - to me it's a sign owner was speedster or car modifier. Normal driver wont bother to do so.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

LoverofCar
  • Premium member
    LoverofCar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

simple answer...Dont buy...

''Don't take life too serious...learn to forgive and forget..after all.....no one get out of life......alive''

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:53 PM

Othello
  • Premium member
    Othello
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

that's why I advocate AA check, they are damn merciless laugh.gif but this car is really sweatdrop.gif All others still considered relatively minor and won't cost a bomb to replace, but if Gearbox up lorry bigcry.gif

Edited by Othello, 03 October 2012 - 06:55 PM.

New to iHerb? Use coupon code MCG340 for up to $10.00 off your first order.
http://www.iherb.com?rcode=mcg340

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

Voodooman
  • Voodooman
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

that's why I advocate AA check, they are damn merciless laugh.gif but this car is really sweatdrop.gif All others still considered relatively minor and won't cost a bomb to replace, but if Gearbox up lorry bigcry.gif

I always use AA, very detailed report. If the car had been in an accident and repainted, you should be able to tell from the report (ie. paint thickness gauge).

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:40 PM

Elfenstar
  • Premium member
    Elfenstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Hi guys,
Some of you might be aware I am buying a second hand Jazz... this is AA evaluation report.

I am not a merchanical person so need some expert advise if its worth to get this car.

Particularly these few issues:
- Rattling noise when change "D" to "R" : Is this serious? Gearbox related? Need repair or replace?
- Bottom of gearbox seepage: Can this be fixed? Will it affect my gearbox?
- Possible missing front reinforcement bar: AA told me yesterday they check a newer Jazz model have this but mine don't have. Can any 2005 Jazz owner advise me? Heard from AA it can be quite serious as I dun have any front protection without this bar.

Please also point out if anything you feel is critical (minus cosmetic)...

Thank you so much! sad.gif

Based on 11 or 37 only its a no go. This has both in addition to others.

"I drift not because it is a quicker way around a corner, but it is the most exciting way"
- Keiichi Tsuchiya

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:43 PM

Nzy
  • Premium member
    Nzy
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Can tell this car got into a bad accident and not repaired properly. Gearbox probably going to give alot of problems as well. lol.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:50 PM

Sga54g
  • Premium member
    Sga54g
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Ya lor... No go lah!

Gear box is one of my top concern list... wink.gif

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:16 PM

Picanto
please give this car a miss.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:08 PM

Tiger1
  • Premium member
    Tiger1
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Just checking. This AA report, is it the same as VICOM or Cannt remb is name.

Becos, i nvr trust dealers telling me can send for evaluation report if you scare.

I think i trust my own eyes more than send to them. Nvr knw they good friend or nt helping one another scratch backside.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:39 PM

Kopitehc
  • Kopitehc
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Just to confirm AA reports means if i'm AA member, i can opt for AA report free? and don't need to go VICOM right? I currently have intention to trade in my car to get another car soon. Please advise, thanks!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:46 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Just to confirm AA reports means if i'm AA member, i can opt for AA report free? and don't need to go VICOM right? I currently have intention to trade in my car to get another car soon. Please advise, thanks!

no free lunch. You pay "discounted" price for AA member. Non-member pays higher price.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:55 PM

Kopitehc
  • Kopitehc
    4th Gear
    Author Image

cool thanks, i hv 5yr AA member, will check the price with them

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: car, evaluation, report, second and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users