AA car evaluation report for the second hand car I'm buying

Newdrive

When the AA guy come, you wife can buff him that you went toilet or drink kopi....

And your AA card leave in the car at all times. :D

oh i see.....you cleared my doubts.

meaning they only recognise the card! heeh.....ok i will leave it in the car.

↡ Advertisement

can try TVT's method lah, but dunno what will happen if PeCah lobang [laugh] If never bring card, IC will do

cos the last time I called (3 weeks ago), the CS officer reminded me over the phone : YOU must be present ah !

Edited by Othello

can try TVT's method lah, but dunno what will happen if PeCah lobang [laugh] If never bring card, IC will do

hha nric also can? that's very generous!

anyone experienced their towing service while car break down in malaysia before?

Turbocharged

If wanna add wifey name, jsut pay extra 50% then can, OR - just ask HER to join instead of you, if she is the one that needs it more...

If wanna add wifey name, jsut pay extra 50% then can, OR - just ask HER to join instead of you, if she is the one that needs it more...

haha i drive 95% of the time but know how to change flat tyre and jump start battery.

she drive 5% of the time but knows neither of this two.

so how, you think put under who's name makes more sense?

Supercharged

anyone experienced their towing service while car break down in malaysia before?

There was a thread on this AA service in MY....do a search and you should be able to find it. [:)]

Turbocharged

haha i drive 95% of the time but know how to change flat tyre and jump start battery.

she drive 5% of the time but knows neither of this two.

so how, you think put under who's name makes more sense?

I would buy for both, for a joint membership the cost is about $150 per year if I recall correctly, so its not exactly big money -

Use one time only and already worth it.

And then can also use in malaysia, free towing to nearest workshop...

oh i see.....you cleared my doubts.

meaning they only recognise the card! heeh.....ok i will leave it in the car.

I think they recognise the card plus the member must be there in person. [rolleyes] Unless you bluff them the person went to toilet or drink kopi and they buy your story la.

I would buy for both, for a joint membership the cost is about $150 per year if I recall correctly, so its not exactly big money -

Use one time only and already worth it.

And then can also use in malaysia, free towing to nearest workshop...

Actually the AA card is good if you are driving "old" car, cause the car might have higher chance of breakdown?! [:p] If you are driving a brand new car, may not have chance utilize the card as the car is under AD warranty, can also call them up.

Edited by 13177

Pls be reminded that such checks do not cover air conditioning.

I bought an altis 06. Agent topped up the refrigerant and the a/c was blowing hot air within a month. I sent for servicing and it was diagnosed that the cooling coil has a minor leak. It was either going to be gas top up every few weeks or replace the cooling coil to eliminate the root cause. I decided to go with the latter option and replaced it (75% and 25% between myself and agent).

by the way guys, got an issue now.

my new car loan application for the vios should be ok but they request for my loan cancellation and cancellation (i think referring to sale cancellation) letter from my previous dealer who tries to sell me his Jazz... is this the standard procedure with Tokyo leasing (since i am going by balloon scheme)? What if the previous dealer play punk and ignore my request for the letters? then i cannot get my loan? :huh:

hi bros i need some help here. appreciate and thanks in advance before going on. going for my bmw 320 prefl (2006, milege 118000km, quoted price at 10000/yr depreciation) and here's the AA evaluation report. Please advise on how much needed for repair and if its wise to proceed with purchase.

1. please check engine coolant content

2. engine oil sump joint, oil sump sensor, flywheel area seepage.

RHS engine block and water pump area dumped with oil.

3. rear rhs shock absorber oil seepage

4. rear both shock absorber bump stop torn

5. all 4 brake discs worn

(edited)

hi bros i need some help here. appreciate and thanks in advance before going on. going for my bmw 320 prefl (2006, milege 118000km, quoted price at 10000/yr depreciation) and here's the AA evaluation report. Please advise on how much needed for repair and if its wise to proceed with purchase.

those seepage sounds quite serious... based on the past AA report i talked to with the ppl there.

somemore u buying BMW... replacement/repairs aren't going to be cheap!

may not be a good deal to buy this car unless the dealer offers to fix everything for you.

Edited by Newdrive

those seepage sounds quite serious... based on the past AA report i talked to with the ppl there.

somemore u buying BMW... replacement/repairs aren't going to be cheap!

may not be a good deal to buy this car unless the dealer offers to fix everything for you.

dealer fix everything? mission impossible

Supercharged

Seems pretty serious the faults, especially point 2 where it involves the engine block interior.

I will avoid it, if I were you.

Would ask you to skip this car due to No.2 and a bit worried on No.1 .... What is inside ??? [sweatdrop]

Edited by Othello

Suggest you get a pre-owned from Performance Motors, as least you know that they have the spares readily available.

↡ Advertisement