New goodies

Mockngbrd

(edited)

Brd, how good is this, you tried it before?

not yet, just received it in the mail. Will be trying out this wkend.

the hydrate for "drying" the car looks pretty cool.

Edited by Mockngbrd

No dealer here so far.

I wash and wax every week. Sometimes no time.

Twincharged

I think there are alot of other products that work like that also right? Have been using meg last touch for years to lubricate the paint while drying it. Also has polymers in it to add alittle bit more protection while drying the car.

(edited)

I think there are alot of other products that work like that also right? Have been using meg last touch for years to lubricate the paint while drying it. Also has polymers in it to add alittle bit more protection while drying the car.

not really, those are spray waxes/quick detailers which also came with the kit but the hydrate is something totally different. I tried it out yesterday. 2 microfiber towels, one normal, one i sprayed 1-2 shots of hydrate, wipe car panel. The towel without hydrate left some streaks of water, the towel with hydrate, no water left after wiping, of course some of the water went into the towel but also looked like macham some of the water absorbed into the paint or something after wiping with the towel with hydrate.

I'm really really impressed with this SKIN product. I'm been thru Sonax, Meguiars, Mother's, Autoglym... but this one's da bomb. I combo-ed it with a layer of dodo-juice on top. Quite amazed. i will try it out again this weekend and hopefully take some pics.

I've never used spray waxes/quick detailers the way you do so i can't compare. Actually i very rarely use those as i just do a normal waxing instead whenever i wash the car. I usually only use those when getting rid of bird poop outside or when clay bar-ing the car

Edited by Mockngbrd

Just got some extra info off the creator of the product on the difference between hydrate / quick detailer-spray waxes

The difference between spray wax and Hydrate is HUGE.

1) There is more lubrication than spray wax. (Need more lube to safely dry the paint)

2) Hydrate is Hydrophobic (which make the water move off the paint better)

3) Hydrate leaves behind a thicker layer of protection (after the drying process) that actually last until the next wash.

There is really a huge difference.

(edited)

bro if its good..keep me update can..interested to try

it's very good. I'll try to take pics this wkend.

only issue is the shipping.. but i'm trying to see if i can bring in a bulk shipment if there's enough interest.

Edited by Mockngbrd

Just got some extra info off the creator of the product on the difference between hydrate / quick detailer-spray waxes

1) There is more lubrication than spray wax. (Need more lube to safely dry the paint)

3) Hydrate leaves behind a thicker layer of protection (after the drying process) that actually last until the next wash.

My counterpart pass some to me to try before..not sure if it is the same ammo cos it came without labels..the concept of this is very similar to those no rinse wash with more lubricant to minimise scratches during drying....it contains some polymer to give it a little protection..i would say very similar to a quick detail imo..the dry towel do play a part..

My counterpart pass some to me to try before..not sure if it is the same ammo cos it came without labels..the concept of this is very similar to those no rinse wash with more lubricant to minimise scratches during drying....it contains some polymer to give it a little protection..i would say very similar to a quick detail imo..the dry towel do play a part..

actually its very different from those no-rinse washes. i hate those things.

i tried using the spray wax method to dry off the car, its not as slick when wiping as the Hydrate. Maybe one day i can show u guys the difference.

Twincharged

For point 1 and 2 many other quick detailers also have the same qualities/ claim to have the same qualities. The megs last touch I use IMO also have lots of lubrication and is definitely hydrophobic.

As for the third point I know meg's last touch does leave a layer of protection as well and it usually lasts for around 1 month if I don't wash the car. But I got no way of measuring how thick it is.

Edited by Nzy

(edited)

For point 1 and 2 many other quick detailers also have the same qualities/ claim to have the same qualities. The megs last touch I use IMO also have lots of lubrication and is definitely hydrophobic.

As for the third point I know meg's last touch does leave a layer of protection as well and it usually lasts for around 1 month if I don't wash the car. But I got no way of measuring how thick it is.

I'm just posting what little info i have on the product. I have used alot of products so far in the years i wash my car, autoglym, sonax, meguiars, mother's, zurtle, some other funny japanese brands... etc... and to me, this is the best i have come across (In addition to my dodojuice wax) and to me, there is a difference. Enough difference that after using it, i keep backing away from the car just to look at it from odd angles and see how the paintwork catches the light.

If you like Meg's and it works for you, then is cool. Just sharing what i have. Not like i'm selling it.

I might try to do a bulk purchase if i can generate enough interest, also so that i can buy for my own future use without having to incur the shipping charges.

Edited by Mockngbrd
↡ Advertisement