Worth it? Regarding Galaxy S3

Fcw75

Signed up for a Singtel broadband package and was given a Galaxy S3. If top up $198, can get the Galaxy S3 LTE. Is it worth it?

Besides the colour scheme and 4G, any other difference?

↡ Advertisement

I heard other people say.

Buy iphone 5. Sell it brand new with Box to shop. Then buy S3 from shop w/o contract.

Can earn $.

Cannot liao la. It's in the package.

By the time LTE is implemented islandwide and with good speeds, it's time to upgrade phone again. As of now, 3.5G works pretty well.

For Galaxy S3, with and without LTE, the only other difference is the LTE version comes with 2GB of RAM instead of 1GB. And it's already on Jelly Bean 4.1.1.

So not worth the $198 to upgrade?

Actually I find the 3G now damn slow. Too many users I guess.

Noting that there are no more 12GB bundled data plans, the data now ranges from 2GB to 4GB unless you are on the most expensive plan. It's tempting with 4G, you can easily breach the limit if you are not careful.

Phone wise, if you prefer the 2GB RAM, go for it. I use the S3 3G version and I'm fine with the 1GB RAM. Jelly Bean is expected to arrive for the original S3 soon.

Signed up for a Singtel broadband package and was given a Galaxy S3. If top up $198, can get the Galaxy S3 LTE. Is it worth it?

Besides the colour scheme and 4G, any other difference?

get it and sell away lor

I heard other people say.

Buy iphone 5. Sell it brand new with Box to shop. Then buy S3 from shop w/o contract.

Can earn $.

i juz did tis few days back... bought iphone5 and sold away on sat... waited for SIII LTE titanium grey but nowhere got... juz gotten it yest brand new local set...

earn $$$... lol

Noting that there are no more 12GB bundled data plans, the data now ranges from 2GB to 4GB unless you are on the most expensive plan. It's tempting with 4G, you can easily breach the limit if you are not careful.

Phone wise, if you prefer the 2GB RAM, go for it. I use the S3 3G version and I'm fine with the 1GB RAM. Jelly Bean is expected to arrive for the original S3 soon.

Doesn't S3 itself already comes with 2GB of LPDDR3?

highest plan still come with 12GB data .

Neutral Newbie

The Samsung Galaxy S3 is one epic phone and the 4G LTE variant makes it even more epic. To be honest the standard white case is lame and looks cheap, I would dare say that the 4G LTE version is worth the extra money just for the case colour. Yes that is said, but that is how I feel. The performance difference between 3G and 4G is supreme. My only gripe is how long will 4G be fast for before it gets bombed with iPhone 5 and more S3 users.

↡ Advertisement