Advice needed - Car vandalised!

Sosaria

vandalism only for govt property, mischief for your case. loge a mag complaint, then police investigate and will refer the case back to mag to decide.

Orhh I see . . . grab that bugger and break his fingers. [mad]

how not to take law into own hands if law fails to protect?

and civil suit only for those who can afford? otherwise move on? haizz..

justice is but a lonely word

• Praise 1

Hi,

Sent u my lawyer's contact already. This is the legal route :

1) File Magistrate Complaint at Sub Court.

- U must have the person's name and NRIC number to do so.

- Probably can get from the police report.

- Copy of ur police report/nric. Photocopy services at Sub-court not cheap!!!

2) Magistrate will assign ur case to ur police division.

3) Police will open file, interview suspect n urself.

- Submit ur CCTV footage and all evidence.

- Have to constantly chase the IO, some of them are just plain lazy like in my case!!!

- Get a official quote from a reliable workshop for repairs on ur car.

4) Police will then submit to AGC for their decision whether to prosecute the suspect.

5) If AGC approve, they will charge the suspect. If AGC no approve, police only issue stern warning. U have to take up a civil case.

6) If AGC charging the suspect, sit back n watch the show.

7) If AGC not proceeding, engage a lawyer. See how big u want to play, depends on ur budget too. For lawyer to send letter of demand, ard S$3K. For court attendance, ard S$27K and above depending whether he fights the case.

Even if the suspect if guilty, u have to wait for him to complete his sentence before u can get any money from him. And as lawyers advise me, mostly court will make him pay 60% of the legal fee even if u win and u still have to foot the 40% of ur own lawyer fee.

If he is a bankrupt, u will end up same case as mine. Lan lan suck thumb or shame him. Send everything to all media. He will see his face on paper and crawl out for settlement talks. Cos every other reporter will call him for his story.

Hope this will help u.

the troublesome part is to obtain legal document for the compensation, one you got it, get a debt collector to harass him and make his life miserable [laugh] [laugh]

Hi,

- Have to constantly chase the IO, some of them are just plain lazy like in my case!!!

4) Police will then submit to AGC for their decision whether to prosecute the suspect.

5) If AGC approve, they will charge the suspect. If AGC no approve, police only issue stern warning. U have to take up a civil case.

7) If AGC not proceeding, engage a lawyer. See how big u want to play, depends on ur budget too. For lawyer to send letter of demand, ard S$3K. For court attendance, ard S$27K and above depending whether he fights the case.

Even if the suspect if guilty, u have to wait for him to complete his sentence before u can get any money from him. And as lawyers advise me, mostly court will make him pay 60% of the legal fee even if u win and u still have to foot the 40% of ur own lawyer fee.

If he is a bankrupt, u will end up same case as mine. Lan lan suck thumb or shame him. Send everything to all media. He will see his face on paper and crawl out for settlement talks. Cos every other reporter will call him for his story.

Hope this will help u.

Turbocharged

This works too. I like your style.

Or may, to TS.....why dun you scratch that idiot's car (if he owns one) right in front of him. Same same. Ask him call police. [rifle]

provided he got a car also [rolleyes]

the troublesome part is to obtain legal document for the compensation, one you got it, get a debt collector to harass him and make his life miserable [laugh] [laugh]

My case, the lawyer dig out a lot of his personal information like S$5million dollar bankrupt yet can own one HDB but wife own another HDB and car!!! I think he also scare these info will be given to his appointed officer and bye bye to his property.

Supercharged

Hi,

Bro, how much is the fee to file the magistrate complaint?

Turbocharged

Hi,

Hope this will help u.

m i right to say that if someone bang your car and refuse to report to insurance, u also have to go thru civil case to get compensation back? [rolleyes]

m i right to say that if someone bang your car and refuse to report to insurance, u also have to go thru civil case to get compensation back? [rolleyes]

Any issue between two parties is civil.

Bro, how much is the fee to file the magistrate complaint?

I cant remember, but very cheap only. I think it was like $10??? I just remember the photocopy service at the top level of the subcourt is expensive, not ur typical 3 or 5cents per copy. So better for u to make ur own copy of everything at home and bring it there for submission.

U have to report to police as hit and run 1st. See wat police say.

Then tok to ur insurance and the other party insurance.

Supercharged

But isn't this "Magistrate Complaint" almost the same as "Small Claims Tribbunal" ? Both also fighting for compensation from the other party....

But isn't this "Magistrate Complaint" almost the same as "Small Claims Tribbunal" ? Both also fighting for compensation from the other party....

I dont think the same. Small Claims no prosecution or AGC. Magistrate has.

technically the car does not belong to you if under hire purchase, belongs to the bank, send your evidence to the bank ask them to prosecute the bugger, you are the caretaker only... bank more money can sue.. [:p]

• Praise 1

Twincharged

I think this will be different. Cuz your insurance company will do the work for you. As long as you have the pictures to prove that you got into an accident with the other party. If he never report then he loses his right to claim against you and you should be able to claim 100% from him.

At least that is what happened in one of the cases I handled. The other guy wanted to settle privately and don't report at all but he don't want to compensate fully.

Just my bad luck today to have my car vandalised - at least that's what its classified by police (mischief to vehicle?) - and the suspect did not manage to get away; luckily delayed by security staff until police arrived.

As usual, with no bodily harm, police just take statements and let everyone go. I was only told not to take law into my own hands and to "avoid" the suspect! Apparently, vandalism of private property is pretty much "ownself" business to pursue with the courts, or drop the case. But I think this is no surprise already... even though there was a CCTV recording, according to the security.

My question to those who have suffered their car being vandalised, how is this kind of case pursued, and to what outcome?

I belive there were some cases discussed in this forum before, with video evidence captured? I was only told to get a hard copy of the police report and go to file a complaint at the sub court, which is going to be quite long drawn out, I predict, and costly.

I'm more worried this is some 'psycho' fellow who will keep a lookout for my vehicle for other mischief, so if action not taken, he may become bolder. Lodging police report is just one step to have a record in case of future problem, even if police can't do anything.

Sad to hear abt yr car. If its minor jyst forget lah. Iv had minor vandalism to my car b4 n just let go unless caught red handed then ask fr compensation or get his particulars then give a few whacks n tell him uf u find any more damage to yr car in future irrespective u catch him redhanded u going to blame him n whack much worse than today.

If serious then get pple to bump into him n create trouble then whack e sheet out if him n u cn watch fm a distance. Like that he wun suspect its u.

Or go e legal way n very messy n maybe u spend a bomb n get nothing back. Or u find if e bugger got car or bike n thrash it to bits.

Choice is yours.

↡ Advertisement