Advice needed - Car vandalised!

Sosaria

EXPOSED: Black Benz driver SJK8295L scratches another black car

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=486418824803454

All drivers alert! Watch out for this #LanjiaoLang #TerrorCarScratcherSJK8295L who left a 50-inch deep scratch on another car parked behind him. Video first seen on The Real Singapore

TRS reader Cindy Chua:

Please help me post this story and help to spread the word so that this vandal that scratch random people cars for fun may be caught. I am also sad that the Singapore Police is ignoring my request to arrest this person.

On the evening of 7th February, between 9.37pm to 9.57pm, i was parked along Kramat Road near Cuppage Plaza. What a shock when i returned from an errand. Twenty minutes was all it took for this deep 50-inch long scratch to materialize along my front and back door panels. (see picture at the end of the video)

My car cam caught the perpetrator face-on in the act of the crime. From the video, it seems he might be associated with the car parked in front, whose license plate is also identified. In the Video, you are able to see the vandal fumbling his pockets and after which he makes one round around my car, and you will be able to hear a loud screeching sound (TURN UP THE VOLUME) he return back to his ar and you will be able to see him putting something back into his car boot. You'd think the video is evidence enough to launch the police into action... but inexplicably, no. Upon making the police report, i was told that i need to lodge a complain separately to the Sub-ordinate court for the Judge to give an order for investigations to be carried out(!) I was the target of a gratuitous act of malice, and the police are not empowered to investigate? Meanwhile, this person might well be cruising around town doing more damage to other private and public properties -while i wait in line to see if the court rubber stamps my humble request....

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

All drivers alert! Watch out for this #LanjiaoLang #TerrorCarScratcherSJK8295L who left a 50-inch deep scratch on another car parked behind him. Video first seen on The Real Singapore

TRS reader Cindy Chua:

Please help me post this story and help to spread the word so that this vandal that scratch random people cars for fun may be caught. I am also sad that the Singapore Police is ignoring my request to arrest this person.

On the evening of 7th February, between 9.37pm to 9.57pm, i was parked along Kramat Road near Cuppage Plaza. What a shock when i returned from an errand. Twenty minutes was all it took for this deep 50-inch long scratch to materialize along my front and back door panels. (see picture at the end of the video)

My car cam caught the perpetrator face-on in the act of the crime. From the video, it seems he might be associated with the car parked in front, whose license plate is also identified. In the Video, you are able to see the vandal fumbling his pockets and after which he makes one round around my car, and you will be able to hear a loud screeching sound (TURN UP THE VOLUME) he return back to his ar and you will be able to see him putting something back into his car boot. You'd think the video is evidence enough to launch the police into action... but inexplicably, no. Upon making the police report, i was told that i need to lodge a complain separately to the Sub-ordinate court for the Judge to give an order for investigations to be carried out(!) I was the target of a gratuitous act of malice, and the police are not empowered to investigate? Meanwhile, this person might well be cruising around town doing more damage to other private and public properties -while i wait in line to see if the court rubber stamps my humble request....

Whats the problem with this botak! Thumbs up for sharing!

The face si bei lau lan leh....

He may not be the owner of the car. But may be the ahmad.

TRS reader Cindy Chua:

• Praise 1

Could it be a personal feud or prior altercation she did not mention?

That said folks are getting stressed nowadays and even slight perceived provocation may trigger some violent reaction. Remember the black farlali guy kena walloped by some youths not too long ago?

Maybe the mere fact that Cindy parked at his usual or feng shui spot resulted in her car's "decoration"?

Stranger stuff has happened...

Simi nowadays? Since I was a little boy there are these lanjiao langs around who like to scratch people's cars, especially the new or fancy ones.

Nothing new, except now got technology to capture. But in the end capture also no use, police won't do anything. So as good as dun capture.

base paint is white right, another reason to spray white or cream color next round. Bird sheet not obvious, scratches also not so obvious.

On hindsight, the writer got unknowingly take the slot while the vandal was in fact waiting for it?

In any case, such action is not right. These days, everything also civil. sigh...

Turbocharged

victim can't prove this botak actually scratched his car base on the video. the marks could have already there before that.

Twincharged

victim can't prove this botak actually scratched his car base on the video. the marks could have already there before that.

True. Must show very obviously that he is scratching the car or else police also can't do anything if he denies. Same thing happened to mine. I had a video from my house showing a neighbor walking around my car with a shiny thing in his hand. Went down and saw my car got long scratches down both sides. Reported to the police.

He was called to the police station and after that the IO told me the guy say he was just looking at my car cuz he saw that I had quite alot of scratches on my car and was preparing to go to his car thats why his key in his hand. In the end the police also can't do anything cuz no other evidence.

True. Must show very obviously that he is scratching the car or else police also can't do anything if he denies. Same thing happened to mine. I had a video from my house showing a neighbor walking around my car with a shiny thing in his hand. Went down and saw my car got long scratches down both sides. Reported to the police.

He was called to the police station and after that the IO told me the guy say he was just looking at my car cuz he saw that I had quite alot of scratches on my car and was preparing to go to his car thats why his key in his hand. In the end the police also can't do anything cuz no other evidence.

Bottom line is MUST prove beyond reasonable doubt before police can do anything about it. But even if got video showing he really scratch the car, police will only advise you to sue to bugger since it is not public property. State will not bear the cost of your civil case simple as that.

If on the other hand the bugger is stupid enough to perform the act on a public property or vehicle, state will make sure they find a way to fine or prosecute the guy.

So if you are the potential perpetrator, make sure you know where to draw the line (no pun intended).

• Praise 1

(edited)

hi all bros and sis,

its depressing and frustrating  to know that our cars been vandalized but there is nothing more we can do.

I myself got into a situation like this.

my car got scratched by a middle age uncle at a carpark lot. luckily my car camera got his car plate number ;note, he got down his car to scratch my car. so 1) I am unable to claim insurance against his car.

filed a police report and he confessed it was him . IO advised me to settle privately which I agreed . the uncle called me to apologize and told me he is a bangkrupt. so out of pity, I told him I will settle of a reasonable amount .which he agreed and will pay me by 4 monthly payments. he did not want to meet me up as he was busy driving his taxi . hence,  I gave him the benefit of an adult and we just settled via sms with a binding agreement.

he made his first payment , now the second month payment he just MIA . offed his phone and refused to reply any of my message. I called up IO for his personal detail but was declined as they cannot reveal other party information  to me . now my next step is to lodge a small tribunal charge against him . which I definitely will because I am very pissed with this kind of idiot .

now I guess I have to wait for the court to retrieve his personal information via the police then I am able to check he is a genuine bangkrupt anot which will be a long wait.  I know that the court is unable to charge a bankrupt. 

2) any one who have been through the claims via the state court able to pm me your experience,

thank you

Edited by LeeConscientia
  • Praise 2

hi all bros and sis,

its depressing and frustrating  to know that our cars been vandalized but there is nothing more we can do.

my car got scratched by a middle age uncle at a carpark lot. luckily my car camera got his car plate number ;note, he got down his car to scratch my car. so 1) I am unable to claim insurance against his car.

filed a police report and he confessed it was him . IO advised me to settle privately which I agreed . the uncle called me to apologize and told me he is a bangkrupt. so out of pity, I told him I will settle of a reasonable amount .which he agreed and will pay me by 4 monthly payments. he did not want to meet me up as he was busy driving his taxi . hence,  I gave him the benefit of an adult and we just settled via sms with a binding agreement.

he made his first payment , now the second month payment he just MIA . offed his phone and refused to reply any of my message. I called up IO for his personal detail but was declined as they cannot reveal other party information  to me . now my next step is to lodge a small tribunal charge against him . which I definitely will because I am very pissed with this kind of idiot .

now I guess I have to wait for the court to retrieve his personal information via the police then I am able to check he is a genuine bangkrupt anot which will be a long wait.  I know that the court is unable to charge a bankrupt. 

2) any one who have been through the claims via the state court able to pm me your experience,

thank you

Just curious if the damage is costly, like more than $500 to repair. Much as I sympathize with you, I also think not worth to go into the hassle just to get back at the culprit.

Also, you must have done something to him to make him TL enough to commit the act. But to me the person who lay hand first is definitely more wrong lah.

So I would advise you to just forget it if can lah. Life is really more than this.

• Praise 4

Twincharged

hi all bros and sis,

thank you

Just a scratch then I think cheaper to just go and fix it yourself. Unless you really got money to burn and want to punish the guy.

Turbocharged

Just a scratch then I think cheaper to just go and fix it yourself. Unless you really got money to burn and want to punish the guy.

You have a valid point, but this sets a very worrying  precedent that one can go around damaging others' properties, get caught on camera and still get away scot free!!!

Just curious if the damage is costly, like more than $500 to repair. Much as I sympathize with you, I also think not worth to go into the hassle just to get back at the culprit.

Also, you must have done something to him to make him TL enough to commit the act. But to me the person who lay hand first is definitely more wrong lah.

So I would advise you to just forget it if can lah. Life is really more than this.

hi you can view the incident from my facebook account. https://www.facebook.com/conscienta76/media_set?set=a.10154975703263854.1073741828.720833853&type=3&pnref=story

just sharing.

hais. sad to hear this . but thanks for the advise.

cheers.

Twincharged

You have a valid point, but this sets a very worrying  precedent that one can go around damaging others' properties, get caught on camera and still get away scot free!!!

Yup. Rmb @adrianli case also the same. I rmb the guy never got punished also.

In society where capitalism are embraced, peasants are often left to protect themselves over trivial stuffs.

In short, suck thumbs.

• Praise 6