Blaupunkt New York 800 Multimedia Player review

Mach7

Hi guys,

Does anyone out there own Blaupunkt New York 800 Multimedia Player?

This unit comes with

1) GPS navigation
2) USB media player
3) Reverse camera support
4) Bluetooth Parrot Mobile connection
5) DVD player
6) etc

This is the product source and specifications.

http://www.blaupunkt.de/index.php?id=959&a...cache=1&L=1

Any comments and feedback such as performance, reliability and support for servicing?

Thank you very much.

↡ Advertisement

Just installed the New York 800 at Autobac and contacted blaupunkt email support to find out that the user define wallpaper needs to be in bmp (800x480) and to be installed from the micro sd card (not the one with papago map!).

So far very satisfied with the unit except still need to figure out how to use the built in Bluetooth. Good thing is the touchscreen is user friendly and can be easily figured out without referring to manual. But the manual is very basic and not much technical info in it like the wallpaper info mentioned above.

Just want to add that the GPS is a bit slow as it needs a few minutes to acquire the satellites when started in built up areas in between HDB blocks.

finally found out how to operate bluetoorh. Though begin dialing by pressing big green phone icon on left but it is actually the small grey icon on the right to dial.

How do you find the GPS? Is satellite acquisition a bit slow on your unit too?

Thinking of getting screen protector for the New York 800. Any one know of where to get and how much it will cost? Autobac at Bukit Batok does not provide this service when I checked today.

Thinking of getting screen protector for the New York 800. Any one know of where to get and how much it will cost? Autobac at Bukit Batok does not provide this service when I checked today.

Bought a screen protector at $13 and need to cut a little to fit the NY 800 screen. After fixing the protector discovered that the whole screen could not be operated at all. Went to Autobac and they just asked me to remove the protector saying it is incompatible and I have to do that myself. Any of you have similar problem with screen protector on the NY800?

Neutral Newbie

hey guys, why not try some new brand car multimedia player? $718 is a little bit expensive

our latest unit comes with:

1, Dual-core ARM A9 1.6G and ARM II processor

2, Android 4.1 system, more fluent and compatible

3, Unlimited upgrading, perfectly support Android 5.0

4, Switch between WINCE and Android, more stable

5, Support WIFI/3G

6, 1080p HD support RMVB all video formats with 1920x1080 decoding

7, Support HD TV-OUT (CVBS, YUV, HDMI)

8, 5.1 Channel high definition audio supports loss-less music format

9, HD touch panel LCD

10, Multi-language menu

etc............

and its price is just around $400...........

the brand name is newsmy, if you are interested, pleasde feel free to contact me.

Got my new york 800 at the kaki bukit area. I was quoted at only 699 including installation. After the installation ended, i happen to see some DVR on the display rack. Asked for advise from the installer and was recommended smarty DVR from korea which can link up the video source into the player. Was quoted 288 excluding installtion but the installer offer free 8gb card and installation for free. Feel paiseh coz he need to remove the player again just to input the AV cable for me. Later i asked others items can be added, He asked me whether i wanted to install mobile TV. Okay i on it becasue my wife and parent like to watch TV program. In the end spend $1300 nett. Heart abit pain. but i feel it worth it coz the workmanship is very well done and knowlegable.

Damage

DVD $699

DVR $288

TV $320 [bounce2]

Hi lvrcar58, did you have to trade in you old head unit to get the offer price of $688 from autubacs ? What the others who did other place ?

Edited by Benchiek

No i did it without trade in my old headunit. I was told it was worthless as mine is only CD player. Was advise to keep it for future if needed to scrap car or change car. Then can install back the cd player

Thanks .. I feel abit cheated as I am not aware that autobacs price was with trade in and was only told so after paying and installation was done. The person showed me a poster in the shop. Wanted to keep the old unit which is a decent alphine 2-din if I do sell the car in future. Not sure whether there is any recourse. Just wanted to check whether lvrcar58 also trade in, so maybe I got a better case if he did not.