Push Start Button

Rezorn86

windering if i didnt step on the pedal, can the engine been started??

Dunno about other cars, my car cannot start if didn't step on the bake pedal.

Whats so difficult with a old fashion turn key?

It is not about the difficulty in starting the engine, it is the convenient of starting the car without even taking the key out from your pocket! -_-

If it is factory fitted...need to step brake to start car ..no key needed for wireless start...if fitting aftermarket ....what's the point? Still need to insert key .......

Edited by LoverofCar

Dunno about other cars, my car cannot start if didn't step on the bake pedal.

Factory fitted need to step on the brake pedal/clutch pedal[if manual] to start,it is a safety feature.

Why so difficult to go to car, take out key and poke inside hole and start?

Of course, you can bypass the safety switch and install remote start. But, got what advantages?

Neutral Newbie

Of course, you can bypass the safety switch and install remote start. But, got what advantages?

Just walk to the bus stop. Take out ez link card. Tap on it. Got to work... what so difficut.. why drive? Lol

I believe you never driven a car with remote unlock and push start. If you are carrying whole loads of shopping bag, you'll have to put down everything, take out key, press button, put back key, lift up your boot, lift up your shopping bag, put inside, close the boot, take out key, open door, sit down and pluck the key in, start the engine.

With push start factory fitted, you will just need to walk to your car, put down your stuff, press the button on the boot, some auto lift up, some use manual method, lift up your stuff put it in, press button if not manually close it. Open door and sit inside, brake pedal depress, start engine and go.

For BMW, don't even need to press button to open boot. So long you are near your vehicle, use your foot to activate the sensor below the car by swiping your foot under the back bumper, the boot will release itself. Power of technology over old school turn key method.

Due to safety, all auto cars' brakes are to be engaged for push button start. But the cars with eloectronic brakes should allow the start with e-brakes engaged. But, till now, it is not implemented.

I believe you never driven a car with remote unlock and push start. If you are carrying whole loads of shopping bag, you'll have to put down everything, take out key, press button, put back key, lift up your boot, lift up your shopping bag, put inside, close the boot, take out key, open door, sit down and pluck the key in, start the engine.

With push start factory fitted, you will just need to walk to your car, put down your stuff, press the button on the boot, some auto lift up, some use manual method, lift up your stuff put it in, press button if not manually close it. Open door and sit inside, brake pedal depress, start engine and go.

For BMW, don't even need to press button to open boot. So long you are near your vehicle, use your foot to activate the sensor below the car by swiping your foot under the back bumper, the boot will release itself. Power of technology over old school turn key method.

It is very difficult to understand / appreciate for those who never used "Keyless". Once they use it, it is for sure that they would not like go back to Keys!

yah, i have to agree that it is a pain everytime i start my car having to insert key and step on clutch. worst if i have stuffs to carry. how i wish my ride has got voice command... ha ha ha...

I thought of changing to push start as well however the mechanic mentioned that you have to reactivate the default immobiliser as the car recognise the chip from the car. The only way is to change to a aftermarket immobiliser which comes with the push start device it recognises.

for mine , i find it doesnt make much sense.cos i still have to insert my car key , turn , then push the push start button.

its like another additional step.

↡ Advertisement