Push Start Button

Rezorn86

need to step brake, then push start. oh did i mention the car has to be in the car too [:)]

mine dun need to step on the brake. just insert key , turn , push the start button.

not aftermarket.

it came built in with my type R

↡ Advertisement

mine dun need to step on the brake. just insert key , turn , push the start button.

not aftermarket.

it came built in with my type R

Then what is the point of the push start button? Seems like more steps than the conventional method. :huh:

Factory fitted need to step on the brake pedal/clutch pedal[if manual] to start,it is a safety feature.

The gear need to be in 'N' as well. Another safety feature. [drivingcar]

Ok I m driving a manual car. I got remote start, keyless entry and push start.

Remote start - u have to press a button on the remote for about 3-4 sec, car Hazard light will blink and car remote start for about 2 mins before it die down.

Push start - N

Edited by Bluroblur

In an after market push button system bundled with the keyless entry, the immobiliser function is now with the card key. Without the card key the car can't start.

but if I get the engine started, I can drive off and the immobiliser will not shut down the engine later on. So immobiliser function is still not working.

Something to add on, people will say the spare key inside the push start, thief can just open door, push start then drive off...all I can say is not true, lol, y? Because I lost 1 set of my keyless remote. Let me explain, when I was location A, remote was with me and I managed to start car n drive off, drive to location b, stop car s--t down engine then realise my remote was at location A, so I press brake press push start engine but cannot start engine only can power on And Acc on. So without remote u cannot really start car n drive off...lol

is your location b 2 minutes away from location a? or is it like 30km away?

if its 30km away then the thief can just drive your car to his own workshop to uninstall your keyless and install his own right?

but if I get the engine started, I can drive off and the immobiliser will not shut down the engine later on. So immobiliser function is still not working.

Isn't that better?

In the old system, you are guarding against ppl who make a copy of your car key, so they can start and drive off, but the car engine dies a while later.

In the new system, ppl cant even start your engine? not good meh?

Another way is to get 2-way systems with push start button. Then it is possible that you are alerted when your engine start, and you can press a button to kill engine? (anti-hijack)

I had the keyless entry and push start system installed in my car for more than 1 year. In my case, the keyless entry and push start are 2 seperate systems.

There were only once when I encounteered a problem with the push start. The issue is, when the push start failed, I did NOT know whether it was a car battery or pushstart issue.

Luckily for me, I was near my house then. Thus I went home, got my original car keys, came back to the car and tried to start my car the old tried and tested method of inserting the car key and cranking. The car started. So, obviously, the car battery was NOT the issue.

So I drove home, parked my car and then tried to start the car using the push start again. And interestingly, it worked.

The next day, I drove the car down to the installer for him to check through everything and seems like everything was working fine. Since, I did not encounter any other problems. That was almost a year back.

Neutral Newbie

Something to add on, people will say the spare key inside the push start, thief can just open door, push start then drive off...all I can say is not true, lol, y? Because I lost 1 set of my keyless remote. Let me explain, when I was location A, remote was with me and I managed to start car n drive off, drive to location b, stop car s--t down engine then realise my remote was at location A, so I press brake press push start engine but cannot start engine only can power on And Acc on. So without remote u cannot really start car n drive off...lol

Can help me understand, after all the raving abt no requirement to take key out of pocket commented by some, how do you end up driving off without remote?

Secondly, the remote has nothing to do with immobiliser right?

Most installer will do the lazy method, which is just tie the spare key underneath the steering or something.

Some even suggest to cut the key and slot it into the ignition key hole just in case the keyless device fail.

Which brand you are using?

Edited by Kazuo

is your location b 2 minutes away from location a? or is it like 30km away?

if its 30km away then the thief can just drive your car to his own workshop to uninstall your keyless and install his own right?

The keyless remote got to be near the car antenna to start the engine, for me, it's like less than 5 metres. Eg. If u walk to car about 5 metre, the car will sense the remote n unlock the door. Likewise, once u r further away, the car will lock itself.

How's is the thief gona activate my car when my remote is always with me .... Wats the possibilities of the thief starting my car when I m just so near to my car?

Can help me understand, after all the raving abt no requirement to take key out of pocket commented by some, how do you end up driving off without remote?

Secondly, the remote has nothing to do with immobiliser right?

Most installer will do the lazy method, which is just tie the spare key underneath the steering or something.

Some even suggest to cut the key and slot it into the ignition key hole just in case the keyless device fail.

Which brand you are using?

During that time when I lost my first remote set, I rem putting the remote on the car roof, but I din notice, I just start engine and move off, guess the remote fell off somewhere when the car moves off, coz when I manage to get back location A to search for it, it's not there so I believe it's somewhere further away.

Car original immobiliser was taken out from my car original spare key and place it near the key hole. I lost my first original immobiliser key that's y use this push start / keyless system. So an extra spare key need to duplicate and cut to insert inside the push start system.

That has to be done and is done to keep the steering lock unlocked at all times.

If you are interested, can go to Soon Lee Auto Accessories and they will answer all your queries.

Neutral Newbie

Car original immobiliser was taken out from my car original spare key and place it near the key hole. I lost my first original immobiliser key that's y use this push start / keyless system. So an extra spare key need to duplicate and cut to insert inside the push start system.

Sorry, still kinda confuse on the part where your car get immobilised when your remote is not with you.

I still cannot see the link between the vehicle immobiliser, the key mobiliser, and the keyless device remote.

Pardon me, maybe I am slow.

Which brand is it by the way?

Neutral Newbie

That has to be done and is done to keep the steering lock unlocked at all times.

If you are interested, can go to Soon Lee Auto Accessories and they will answer all your queries.

This is actually the point which makes me reconsider installing it.

Maybe there's some misunderstanding somewhere. But that time I asked, "does that means if someone managed to get into my car, he can just peel off the button and start my car with the key which is inside and drive off?"

The answer is actually, Yes.

It is not unlikely, just 2 examples:

1. Break in

2. The keyless entry system fail to lock your car.

Remember, the spare key or the chip or whatever, is already in your car, so immobiliser no longer comes into play.

Is my understanding correct?

Need to clear my doubts.

Edited by Kazuo
↡ Advertisement