Recontract for data lines

Ysc3

Twincharged

dunno if this has been asked before or not ...

my current mobile phone contract has 12gb of data but expiring by Nov.

if i recontract, will my data remain at 12gb or will adjust down to the 2gb which all new lines are getting now ?

↡ Advertisement

dunno if this has been asked before or not ...

my current mobile phone contract has 12gb of data but expiring by Nov.

if i recontract, will my data remain at 12gb or will adjust down to the 2gb which all new lines are getting now ?

re-contract will bring it down to the new lower limit depends on your plan, from 2-4GB.

I re-contract mine with SingTel and still remain with the 30GB plan. I was lucky 2 years back when I applied for my mio TV, I got the bundle data plan with 30GB. I think if you re-contract it will remain the same unless for a new sign-up.

Twincharged

I'm gonna stick to my 12 GB plan for a long time. ^_^

Doesn't make sense to upgrade to unstable 4G, faster, yet having only 2-4GB.

meaning you will pay the regular rate after your discounted price plan expires ? just to keep it on the old plan ?

or will the telcos go ahead and reduce the data bundle when your contract expires ? and still bill you at the regular price ?

meaning you will pay the regular rate after your discounted price plan expires ? just to keep it on the old plan ?

or will the telcos go ahead and reduce the data bundle when your contract expires ? and still bill you at the regular price ?

how come there is a discounted rate?

but for Singtel if you opt not to recontract, there is a discount on the bill.

Twincharged
(edited)

so anyone recontracted for a new handset and suay suay got their 12gb data adjusted to 2/4 gb instead so far ?

Edited by Ysc3

so anyone recontracted for a new handset and suay suay got their 12gb data adjusted to 2/4 gb instead so far ?

not suay suay, is lan lan [laugh]

From Singtel: http://www.facebook.com/notes/digital-life...444533868909255

Q: I am a SingTel Flexi plan user but out of contract. Will SingTel switch me over automatically to the new data bundle from July 1, 2012?

A: No. You will continue on your existing data bundle unless you re-contract to a new Flexi plan.

Twincharged

From Singtel: http://www.facebook.com/notes/digital-life...444533868909255

Q: I am a SingTel Flexi plan user but out of contract. Will SingTel switch me over automatically to the new data bundle from July 1, 2012?

A: No. You will continue on your existing data bundle unless you re-contract to a new Flexi plan.

so i guess unless we decide to get a subsidized handset, else we will still get to keep to our 12gb bundles ...

so i guess unless we decide to get a subsidized handset, else we will still get to keep to our 12gb bundles ...

Yep! My plan expiring this month. Just nice can't get subsidised handset. :(

Well, hopefully the 3 telcos will realise that many people are not re-contracting then start to offer better plans.

Twincharged

Yep! My plan expiring this month. Just nice can't get subsidised handset. :(

Well, hopefully the 3 telcos will realise that many people are not re-contracting then start to offer better plans.

double edged sword ....

even when ppl not recontracting, they will not lose business ... coz the customers will just remain with them for the sake of not having their current allocation adjusted.

they will not worry about ppl switching telcos also coz once you switch, you will fall under the new allocations also.

I think as long not recontracted , everything remain as status quo... my St mbb was those 1mb speed type, 50gb data and when I recontract many years ago, it was on promo, half price.. and after contract ends, I'm still paying the promo price... no adjustment at all... that's why I didn't recontract it as it will make my mthly higher with lesser data....

Twincharged

Once recontract sure go down to 2-4gb already. Based on Singtel's pricing, its cheaper to get the lowest plan if u hardly use the free sms and talktime. Even if you exceed, you still pay less than paying for the plan with the data you need.

If the contract matured....it is both ways....they can ask you to change plan to 4GB.....if u not happy... u can change telcom... but another telcom also 4GB....so is lanlan thing....they can force u to change plan since no more contract obligation for them too....

After 1 July all telco has downgraded their data from 12 to 3 Gb. But now giving us extra 300-400 sms. I also decided not to recontract when I heard about the changes. I don't think the extra sms is attractive at all cos almost everyone uses watsapp nowadays.

Now all 3 telcos having the same data limit so we LL lor.

However, if we want to get a new Iphone or Samsung at cheaper price, we gota recontract line and end up with the 2 or 3 Gb data plan. Something I think a lot of people will do just to get the new HP.

↡ Advertisement