Audi A5 or Merc C Coupe?

MadDog70

Then Bugatti, Bentley, Lamborghini, Porsche all also VW? Luckily not many people same thinking like you, else Audi can't be sell so well in worldwide. This year Audi sales should exceed 1.4 million which is the same or sligthly few thousand units behind BMW, while Mercedes sales far behind Audi and BMW 200,000 units.

ur reasoning very 'interesting' audi marketing likes this kind of people to walk in their showroom too , paying more for less , just compare 1.4 a3 & golf tech spec maybe u might rub ur eyes , of cos if u hope to get a lambo for the price of a jetta, think again, not to say all but some vw & audi do share much in common

Edited by Ferrari_enzo
↡ Advertisement

Audi do share some common parts with VW for low-end model like A1, A3, but high-end brands like Bugatti, Bentley, Lamborghini and Porsche also sharing Audi high-end models platform like A8, Q7 and R8. Since they are under same parent company, sharing parts and technology seem unavoidable, but they target different buyers.

I'll take the A5. Although the C classs coupe has a cool look, I feel that it's not as classy as the A5. Just personal preference though. I have some friends who are crazy over the C class coupe.

By the way, I'm into performance so if I really have to choose and I have spare cash, I'll get the S5 [laugh]

Edited by TatteredTorn

I will go with the A5. I'm presuming TS comparing basic models for both.

Used to own the A5 coupe and love every minute driving it. There is so much you can do both aesthetic wise as well as bhp for VW / Audi range of cars and the cost is quite affordable. I did a stg1 MTM, catback exhaust etc and just enjoy everytime when I step on the accelerator.

Neutral Newbie

Was looking at A5 and C Coupe also.

Eventually went for C250 Coupe with AMG kit....

Overall... merc still have better resale and looks more prestige

The current Audi design/version like very forgettable compare to the previous one.

Playing with the headlights and not as fierce looking as before.

I still like the previous A5, just so much more purposeful.

I will go with the Merc C.

If you are buying, just go to showroom and test drive.

Also, the car that make u turn your head more will prob be the car u like more.

:D

Yeah, both make heads turn. One in zouk, the other in geylang. Ps . No prize for guessing it right.

A5 design looks blardy boring.

If both are free though, I'd choose the A5, sell and buy a C180 coupe and pocket the change... [:p]

There are still many who believes merc is still king... so 80s.

The current Audi design/version like very forgettable compare to the previous one.

Playing with the headlights and not as fierce looking as before.

I still like the previous A5, just so much more purposeful.

I will go with the Merc C.

If you are buying, just go to showroom and test drive.

Also, the car that make u turn your head more will prob be the car u like more.

:D

Merc is a safer choice for a greying mass no doubt.

Neutral Newbie

I can't decide which one, both are nice in styling in it's own design.

Power wise definitely thumbs up on A5, C Coupe not too bad too.

Need your kind comments on them, cheers!

You can try looking at this unit bro. Nice catch for u. 

Edited by MaxLim

Between an Audi A5 and a C Class Mercedes Coupe, I would go with the Audi, but I am not sure they are the same class.  Some would argue that the Mercedes equivalent of the A5 is the E Class Coupe (which is built on the C Class Sedan chassis), and the Audi A7 then compares to the Mercedes CLS (based on the E Class Sedan chassis).

You are right that the A5 and the C Class Coupe are more comparable in terms of price, but that may be a function of Mercedes being the more expensive brand.

The C Class Coupe does have a sleek design, inside and out, though I never liked the "diamond" grille--no matter whether the plastic knobs are painted silver or kept black.  The central star design looked better before.

↡ Advertisement