How to update MY & SG GPS Maps?

Soya

Haven't updated since i bought my Garmin back in 2009. Drove to gelang patah/nusajaya recently and map still show rubber plantation instead of roads....haha. Where and how to update the maps ah?

↡ Advertisement

Haven't updated since i bought my Garmin back in 2009. Drove to gelang patah/nusajaya recently and map still show rubber plantation instead of roads....haha. Where and how to update the maps ah?

Google for mfm map.....

Google for mfm map.....

A note to share is that I download the map and went KL. Holland like F like tt. So I sugest that U google the lat and Lon of the plc instead of using the address

Edited by Rustyz

MalFreeMap is good. Can also download POIs (Points of Interest) like pasar malam, speed trap, traffic light cam, school zone, highway RnR, etc. Thanks to all voluntary mappers. Best of all, released FOC to all users.

I bought from East Gear, got freelife time update of map..power.

SG - uses SLA map

Msia - MFM

Yep, MFM have both for SG & Msia.

my garmin oso from east gear. din know they provide free lifetime updates. [thumbsup] will give them a call. thx, bro. [;)]

Neutral Newbie

Eastgear will send update of map thru email, but everytime i tried to update the gps hang....

so have to bring to their office at Horne road and ask them to update,it's free but note on their operating time...close on sat and sun.

my garmin oso from east gear. din know they provide free lifetime updates. [thumbsup] will give them a call. thx, bro. [;)]

Bro, go to Malfreemaps and register, then follow their instructions for download. they update practically

every 2 weeks. Kudos to them.

A note to share is that I download the map and went KL. Holland like F like tt. So I sugest that U google the lat and Lon of the plc instead of using the address

that's because KL road keep changing faster than we change underwear.. and it's damn messy...... even my Bro live in KL could make wrong turn or lost sometimes..... [laugh]

wahaha...din know can download update from their site. now u know why my maps super outdated. [laugh]

btw, got lobang for aussie maps or not?

Garmin can go to malsingmap website...... register an account and download malsingmap for SG/MY for free leh..........I use the map everywhere and update every 2-3 weeks...........easy and good..... :D :D :D

wahaha...din know can download update from their site. now u know why my maps super outdated. [laugh]

btw, got lobang for aussie maps or not?

don't know about free map.............but can go to Garmin office to rent the map for a fee for a weekly usage i think.... :D :D :D

don't know about free map.............but can go to Garmin office to rent the map for a fee for a weekly usage i think.... :D :D :D

My colleague went there 2 months ago on business said that the rental car companies often offer rental of GPS set as well......

I bought from East Gear, got freelife time update of map..power.

SG - uses SLA map

Msia - MFM

Yep, MFM have both for SG & Msia.

The so-called "SLA Map" is not a map that can be used on its own. It is actually a database containing postal codes and addresses in Singapore and needs to be use in conjunction with any Garmin, MSM or MFM map of Sg. So, it is more like an overlay.

For free map, one can download and use either MFM and/or MSM map of Sg/My/Bru (for MFM including Southern Thailand). The current MFM map is the ver 121029 while the MSM ver 5.74 is the latest.

Edited by Redstorm
↡ Advertisement