Recommend best HU for iPod

Darth_mel

Most of the ICE siaos i know swear by Alpine and the D2 (forgot brand liao, clarion?)

But alpine and clarion units don't support ipod and lack the cool features that pioneer has.

Besides alpine and clarion are costly.

Why spend so much money on something you're gonna use in a car?

But alpine and clarion units don't support ipod and lack the cool features that pioneer has.

Besides alpine and clarion are costly.

Why spend so much money on something you're gonna use in a car?

For most, SQ.

For most, SQ.

true but unless you spend a whole lot of time in your car, maybe.

I feel that as long as the set up sounds decent, then it's okay.

I'm running on one that cost me 500 bucks. Headunit plus speakers.

May not sound as good as those competition set ups but I'm not entering any sound competition.

If I wanted to listen to exceptionally good sound, i'd listen to my HiFi at home.

I've got an old school Marantz CD player.

post-90656-1351095357_thumb.jpg

Neutral Newbie

true but unless you spend a whole lot of time in your car, maybe.

I feel that as long as the set up sounds decent, then it's okay.

I'm running on one that cost me 500 bucks. Headunit plus speakers.

May not sound as good as those competition set ups but I'm not entering any sound competition.

If I wanted to listen to exceptionally good sound, i'd listen to my HiFi at home.

I've got an old school Marantz CD player.

that's ok..!! feel free!

http://www.centplay.com/affiliate/id_7820/

http://www.centplay.com/affiliate/id_7986/

Now, IMHO, is not a good time to consider this.

Reason being iPhone has changed to a new connector a few months ago, and the car audio makers have yet to react.

Also, consider the interface. One of the reason people select the iOS device is its easy to use interface. When it is connected to a car audio HU, it is operated in 1 of 2 modes.

Mode 1 is the dumb way. You continue to operate the iOS device and whatever sounds is output, it goes to the HU for amplification to car speakers.

Mode 2 is the smart way, which is preferred by the car audio makers. This mode, you're locked out of the iOS device, it does not respond to your touch. The HU controls everything.

You and I knows how sux car audio makers are at doing interface. 1 CD of songs is OK, 10 CDs in a changer is OK, but give it thousands of songs (mp3 in a thumb drive or data CD), and you take 5 mins to play a song you want.

Any major car audio maker will have at least 1 model that is compatible with iPod/iPhone.

Neutral Newbie

hi, where to buy console covers for aftermarket Pioneer AVH-X1550DVD DVD Player? I dunno if im using the correct description but what im looking for is a sliver frame to surround the unit and then fix into the dash replacing the original head unit and i dun wan to ask the shop because i know they will overcharge me. Its a 2010 Camry

hi, where to buy console covers for aftermarket Pioneer AVH-X1550DVD DVD Player? I dunno if im using the correct description but what im looking for is a sliver frame to surround the unit and then fix into the dash replacing the original head unit and i dun wan to ask the shop because i know they will overcharge me. Its a 2010 Camry

Check eBay. Should have people selling.

Normally about 120-180 depending on what car.