Idiot driver parked in front of parked cars in shopping ctr

Vulcann

Bro Intel, Sorry to improvise on your thread "Idiot driver stop in front of the ERP" to use it for my new thread title because of the similar behaviour in terms of epic stupidity displayed by our fellow drivers [shakehead]

But, but, but got any copyright issues not? [sweatdrop]

Anyway the following article is from ST Forum:

http://www.straitstimes.com/premium/forum-...e-parking-20121

Building's staff leaves family in the lurch over inconsiderate parking

Published on Oct 25, 2012

MY WIFE had parked our vehicle at Thomson Plaza to accompany my son to his music lesson. When they returned, a car had blocked ours and two others from leaving.

When she sought help from the building's security, the officer at the information counter told her that there was nothing to be done until the car owner appeared. He added that even the police or Land Transport Authority could not set matters right because the car was within the building's jurisdiction.

I decided to make my way to Thomson Plaza to resolve the problem. When my wife asked the same officer to use the public address system to inform the driver to remove his car, he said he could not do so without obtaining permission from the building's management.

Much later, an announcement was made. My wife then asked if the management would wheel-clamp the car since it was parked illegally. The same officer said the management did not practise this. But another security officer who overheard our conversation brought out a wheel clamp, to my wife's surprise.

When he walked to the car, intending to clamp it, he was stopped by the first officer, but after some discussion, the car was wheel-clamped.

When I sought to speak with higher management, I was told there was no one on duty. So I waited for help from the police and, when they did arrive, they told me that the driver had appeared and was being instructed to remove his car.

What was upsetting is that the building management rendered no help at all throughout the entire episode. This was compounded by the rude and unhelpful behaviour of the security officer.

I would venture that if we had not taken matters into our own hands, such as informing him that we had sought police assistance, he would have continued to ignore our pleas for help.

Richard Tan Huck Pin

↡ Advertisement

But seriously what can we do if we are faced with what this Mr. Tan faces?

Horn till high heavens and make a ruckus out of it [bounce1][furious] ?

Or resort to "enhance" the paint work of the offender vehicle or to physical "test" the structural integrity of its body [sly] ?

Or just let things be and wait for the clown to come back which may take hours [smallcry] ?

Or resort to "enhance" the paint work of the offender vehicle or to physical "test" the structural integrity of its body [sly] ?

Or just let things be and wait for the clown to come back which may take hours [smallcry] ?

Cut the brake lines and push the offending car away. [thumbsup]

In malaysia, ppl will break the window to release the hand break, then push the car away either forward or backward. To me, this type of inconsiderate guy deserve it. Why wait? Why waste yr time? Just let him learn his lesson.

Enlist the help of half a dozen strong men and shift the car - put it between two pillars or on top of a curb.

I would use my honk until action being taken.

Of course, that is if the building security thinks thats' my problem and police has being informed first.

(I feel bad distrubing the police over such small matters.....but what choice do i have?)

In malaysia, ppl will break the window to release the hand break, then push the car away either forward or backward. To me, this type of inconsiderate guy deserve it. Why wait? Why waste yr time? Just let him learn his lesson.

In thailand, people just park without the handbrakes and with transmission in neutral gear.

the security guard will help to push the cars away

to let blocked cars drive off

:D

Koreans park their car like the offender in the article.

However, they will never enagage their hand brake.

So, we all can push their car around.

:D

Some ppl who park their cars this way do put their contact number somewhere visible. Just have to make a call to ask the owner move his car. But somehow this was never mentioned. I got a feeling a contact was placed in the car but ppl "chairmeh" cannot see.

Turbocharged

building management can always choose to either wheel-clamp or tow-away when illegal park

yup. i manage 3 diff buildings ... every time i see illegal parking ... first thing i tell the guards is to check and then clamp (we always give 1 warning and take down number plate for future reference)

most of the time, the guards are too scared to clamp - they are worried the person whose car they are clamping will do something to them (one person went to his car and took out something to throw at one of my guard's face >< ... so after that, we just cancel the fella season parking so now he pays hourly even though he is in the building all day ... should teach him not to be gui lan to people doing their jobs. )

also - yup can organize towing. some building management are lazy, but we have a towing company on standby. if you want to park illegally, you should be prepared to pay the price, esp for ruining other people's day (or worse, what if they are in an emergency?)

we do try to close 1 eye to illegal parking if carpark is full and they park in such a way that they dont obstruct traffic ... then just close 1 eye. but i have seen people illegally park just because its "convenient" even though there's plenty of lots (not shaded, thats the main reason i hear... )

The building management has to take ownership of the problem and resolve it. For other shopping centre that I frequent, they would straight away made a public announcement to contact the inconsiderate car owner. If repeated announcements had been made, they would proceed to wheel clamp the vehicle and towed it to another area within the building.

The owner will have to pay for the towing and release the wheel clamp. Don't understand why need to call police :blink:

↡ Advertisement