New MRT Line Oso Got Problem? 25 Oct 12

Kyrios

Must be the initial cost cutting phase by the system contractor coming back to bite everyone's ass. This should most likely explain why the lowest tender may not be the best.

Gov tender really been cocking up lately

I suspect the fools who called the tender didn't go down to the detailed scope of supply, or the contractor managed to cut corners without getting caught before commissioning.

If a new car can have problems, why not a mrt new line?

I wonder how many of you have the experience of building something? Buying parts off the shelf not knowing how well it will last individually? I guess thats why products give warranty.

Someone mentioned about the lowest bidder. I'm sure somewhere in this forum ppl questioned some of the quality of premium cars be it interior or equipment.Paying premium does not guarentee fail safe.

Sometimes I think ppl judge to quickly. Do you have the experience of building the mrt system to give the comments you give? I know I don't.

I wonder how many of you have the experience of building something? Buying parts off the shelf not knowing how well it will last individually? I guess thats why products give warranty.

Someone mentioned about the lowest bidder. I'm sure somewhere in this forum ppl questioned some of the quality of premium cars be it interior or equipment.Paying premium does not guarentee fail safe.

Sometimes I think ppl judge to quickly. Do you have the experience of building the mrt system to give the comments you give? I know I don't.

Very good [:)]

Wonder if it is a loading issue? Last year also approaching festivities a lot of train problems..

better to take the car out if doing xmas shopping...this year... :D

Of course I pity the SMRT staff tasked to solve the problems while the top management blow aircon and talk big inside their conference rooms or situation monitoring rooms..but I also pity the poor folks who are trapped inside the trains with no clue on whats going on.

When the first mrt line was built, I don't remember any such drastic problems popping up.

Maybe they overpaid then. But it didn't seemed to have problems until about 20 yrs later.

And the new line is like less than 1 yr old, with so much problems ?

Clearly, something has gone wrong.

these people are just superficial...whenever a problem occurs, they will be ready to shoot their mouth off. we know who they are.

THe MRT has been ard since the ninties...none of the recent cases surfaced through out the period of over twenty years. Obviously somewhere someone is not doin their job right.

Responsibility is what we are looking at, I'm sure when my new car got problem I will complaint straight to car dealer until it is fixed.

Paying premium does not guarantee fail safe, I agree however in business, paying premium comes with brand... If a brand is established or products proven with quality control, I don't mind paying a premium. E.g. Toyota, Honda etc

If new MRT is testing with NEW TECHNOLOGY THAT IS NOT PROVEN then i can understand. But if I'm buying a product for long-term, I would definitely look at quality over premium.

If it is justified for NPark to purchase brompton for quality then why the discrepancy?

The cable specification will have been detailed to the nth degree.

Not only that but it should have been a similar cable to that which has been used previously.

Unless someone has gone to a new cheaper supplier and the cable manufacture wasn't checked and tested properly or someone didn't inspect the installation properly.

If it was manufactured, tested, installed and tested again properly then nothing untoward should go wrong.

Unless someone hasn't done his job properly.

It's all SMRT design and specification?

And SMRT have to check manufacture and installation and sign off as approving.

Maybe those fools decided to test out unproven manufacturers/suppliers/system automation integrators for low cost.

When it involved public safety and necessity, quality or standard compromising should never be tolerated.

It's only natural that with living standard advancement, public expectations are rising as well.

We shouldn't be too quick to judge although it's important as well that the issue get addressed proportionally.

He added: "We want to change out to a higher grade cable that can submerge, (be) more water resistant to make sure ... the system will last for 20 to 30 years."

So someone bought cheapo cable????

Who???? and why????

I think we should be told.

Think procurement process not proper or contractor alibaba by not follow specs.

All ok means previous investigation finding of cable not able to implement on time?

Human nature la, doesn't require teaching.

I always wanted to say this, young people should learn to be more humble, realistic, less self centred, and less self righteous. Don't everything complain and blame others for not doing a good job. People did a thousand good things and just one fault and start to discredit others until worthless. They think garment job easy to do but hey have seen little. I know because I work with teenagers everyday and they grow up to be exactly llike that. Haiz.

↡ Advertisement