Volkswagen Passat 1.8

Ario

Mai Tu Liao ... now special offer 151K for 1.8T with all the goodies thrown in.

Good news coming for disgruntled VW owners here?

from the detroit free press

http://www.freep.com/article/2013032...Auto-headlines

--------

VW recalls 384,000 vehicles in China

Volkswagen announced a recall Wednesday of more than 384,000 vehicles in China to fix gearboxes following a report last week by government TV that criticized the quality of the German automaker's cars.

Volkswagen said that problems with direct-shift gearboxes might cause a power interruption, but it said drivers could remain in control and maneuver to a stop. The company said it would repair gearboxes and install the latest software upgrades at no cost to owners. Many systems in modern cars are controlled electronically.

The recall applies to vehicles imported or manufactured in China between December 2008 and this month, the government's product quality agency said in a separate statement. It said that would include models such as the Scirocco, Golf Wagon, Jetta, Magotan, Touran and Passat.

Similar models sold elsewhere in the world, including the U.S. and Europe, are not affected, VW spokesman Scott Vazin said in an e-mail. Only Volkswagens in China and southeast Asia with hot, humid climates are affected, he wrote.

Another one. Check it out... For your reading pleasure [laugh]

http://auto.qq.com/a/20130320/000098.htm

It includes imported cars that is not Made in China as well.

Translated with Google

Volkswagen DSG issues recall of 38 million vehicles in China three companies

Exposure by CCTV 315 party Volkswagen Automobile (China) Sales Co., Ltd., FAW - Volkswagen Automotive Co., Ltd., Shanghai Volkswagen Automotive Co., Ltd. due to insufficient the electromechanical unit transmission electron failure or hydraulic power output may result in interruption decision since April 2, 2013, the recall of the following sections defective vehicles, a total of 38 million vehicles.

, Volkswagen (China) Sales Co., Ltd., FAW - Volkswagen Automotive Co., Ltd., Shanghai Volkswagen Automotive Co., Ltd. under the defective auto product recall management regulations requirements to the State General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine, the record recall plan, the decision from the April 2, 2013, recall the following sections of defective vehicles, a total of 384,181:

(A) Volkswagen (China) Sales Co., Ltd. imports part of production in December 2008 to September 2011 Scirocco 1.4TSI, Golf Wagon, Cross Golf, a total of 7139.

(B) the FAW - Volkswagen Automotive Company Ltd. from May 2009 to January 2012 and 2012 to 2013 on the production of new Polaris 1.4T, Golf A6 1.4T, Golf A6 1.6L, Sagitar 1.4T MAGOTAN the 1.4T, CC1.8T, the new Jetta 1.4T, the new Magotan 1.4T, new Magotan 1.8T, imports from February 2010 to June 2011 production of the Audi A3 1.8T, a total of 245,999.

© 5 Touran 1.4T, October 23, 2009 to May 23, 2012 and 2012 December 10 to 2013 March 2, produced by the Shanghai Volkswagen Automotive Co. , Touran 7 1.4T Octavia 1.8T, Octavia 1.4T, the Lavida 1.4T, Hao Rui 1.4T, the new Passat 1.4T, the new Passat 1.8T, a total of 131,043.

Volkswagen the DSG recall models and batch

Brand

Recall cars

Production batch

Imported Volkswagen

Some Scirocco 1.4T

December 2008 to September 2011

Golf Wagon

Cross Golf

FAW-Volkswagen

新宝来 1.4T

Production

from December 2012 to February 2013 production in May 2009 to January 2012

Golf A6 1.4T

Golf A6 1.6L

Sagitar 1.4T

Magotan 1.4T

CC1.8T

New Jetta 1.4T

New Magotan 1.4T

New Magotan 1.8T

一汽大众奥迪

奥迪 A3 1.8T

February 2010 to June 2011 production

Shanghai Volkswagen

5 Touran 1.4T

October 23, 2009 to 2012, 23 production

December 10, 2012 and 2013 production

7 Touran 1.4T

Octavia 1.8T

Octavia 1.4T

Lavida 1.4T

昊锐1.4T

New Passat 1.4T

New Passat 1.8T

Within the scope of the recall of vehicles due to insufficient the electromechanical unit transmission electron failure or hydraulic power output interrupt, there are security risks. Volkswagen Sales Co., Ltd. (China) FAW - Volkswagen Automobile Co., Ltd., Shanghai Volkswagen Automotive Co., Ltd. will be free for the vehicles within the scope of the recall replacement the improved gearbox electromechanical unit and free upgrade for users of the latest control software to eliminate security risks.

The recall campaign is carried out under the influence of defect investigation AQSIQ. Since March 2012, the General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection has been interrupted Volkswagen DSG transmission power failure problems tracking survey. Carry out defect investigation and several interviews urging, May 2012, Volkswagen DSG transmission quality guarantee period is extended to 10 years or 160,000 kilometers. At the same time, the the AQSIQ focus on power interrupt defect investigation has been conducted, has to collect the fault information of more than 10,000, more than 3,000 returning visitors, site investigations carried out 12 times, and the the DSG malfunction pieces grasp defect engineering analysis, organization the expert demonstration 7, basically confirmed the DSG transmission defects, leading to power interruption will have safety problems. February 27th, 2013, the General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection again met with Volkswagen, the requirements of the public company to take measures to recall, as soon as possible to resolve the failure of DSG. On March 16, the General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection inform the public company in accordance with the law on the DSG transmission power break down implementation of the recall.

Volkswagen Sales Co., Ltd. (China) FAW - Volkswagen Automobile Co., Ltd., Shanghai Volkswagen Automotive Co., Ltd. by the user within the authorized dealers with the recall, contact, schedule a free repair matters. Simultaneous users through customer hotline: Volkswagen (China) Sales Co., Ltd. 400 -188-0888 400 -817-1888, FAW - Volkswagen Automotive Co., Ltd., Shanghai Volkswagen Automotive Co., Ltd. 400 -820-1111 understand the Details of the recall. Users can also log AQSIQ website www.aqsiq.gov.cn, the State General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine defective product management the Center website www.dpac.gov.cn and the China Auto Recall www.qiche365.org.cn, the Call AQSIQ defective product management center the hotline 010-59799616,65537365, Details of this recall

If wan to buy vw.. only buy 2.0 above not 1.4 or 1.8.. anyway as long 6 speed dsg ok but not the 7 speed dsg.. I agree vw cars are nice to drive but have to watch out symptoms for the gearbox lo.. I told myself if I wan to drive back vw again unless I take their 2.0..

Does that mean that Tiguan 2.0 does not face the same DSG gear-box problem ?

Does that mean that Tiguan 2.0 does not face the same DSG gear-box problem ?

Tiguan 2.0 is using a DQ 500 7 speed wet DSG gearbox as compared to the "popular" 7 speed DSG DQ 200 "dry" gearbox that are found in the 1.4 litre category of VW cars which include VW TSI golfs, Jettas, Passats, Rocs and Polos.

There has not been as many problems or issues with the wet 7 speeder as compared to the dry version.

Neutral Newbie

Don't worry for them. .. They are ok with that as long they can drive their dream conti car...

Just last mth, heard a colleague talk about his next dream car. .. a jetta... He is driving a civic now.. I said, are you aware of the problematic gear box with certain vw model? ? His reply, yah heard about it but should be ok since got warranty. . I rest my case and keep quite after that. .. you know you cannot convince someone when his mind already made up. .. [:p]

In 2010 when I was considering between civic and Jetta, I chose the Jetta because the civic was selling for few thousands more than Jetta and who wouldn't prefer a conti over jap for lesser cost. Seriously I have been beating myself ever since I experience the juddering issues. Yes, they give u 5 years warranty, but it is just the constant though of knowing the MU might jus fail on u and also the juddering than no amount of warranty can compensate. How old is yr friend civic? Ask him to swap with me lah, my Jetta only 2.5 yrs and 30000 km mileage. I will seriously consider the sway if his is below 3 yrs.

Rented n drove the old passat 5 yrs ago in London

6sp MT diesel power!

I forgot is it 2l

2 n 3rd gear n still wheel spin

Diesel kan si Lang got torque

I Duno abt petrol sorry

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...145&DL=2371

PASSAT 2.0 FSI

Are these any good? it says there 6 speed, is it exempted from the 7 speed DSG crappy issues?

Worth buy? Not asking about the price, but more of is it a good car to buy used.

it is actually a good buy for that model cause the build of the car is the same for the turbo version. If turbo version can last 20+ lap on sepang non-stop before pit stop...why not? Personally sat in one NA version passat 2.0L on track and it is really good.

I have lobang if you are interested in the passat 2.0L.

New or old?

it is actually a good buy for that model cause the build of the car is the same for the turbo version. If turbo version can last 20+ lap on sepang non-stop before pit stop...why not? Personally sat in one NA version passat 2.0L on track and it is really good.

please share your lobang..

(edited)

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...145&DL=2371

PASSAT 2.0 FSI

Are these any good? it says there 6 speed, is it exempted from the 7 speed DSG crappy issues?

Worth buy? Not asking about the price, but more of is it a good car to buy used.

I think it is not worth, esp since it is not a turbo engine. For more than $11K yearly depreciation, there are better choices.

Edited by Passat57

aiyoyo buy from vw is sure headache one.. when i reach 25 post i post new thread complain my prob

just continue from similar thread lah..

The VW B6 Passat in my opinion is probably the BEST medium size family sedan money can buy. Apart from the infamous DSG issue, there should not be any complaints about this car. Space, Look, Power, Economy, Comfort, Handling......it has everything !

20130814_100259_zps5c930e05.jpg

Neutral Newbie

hi guy..i m thinking to get a 2.0 passat and like to hear some comments from here.

hi guy..i m thinking to get a 2.0 passat and like to hear some comments from here.

↡ Advertisement