Volkswagen Passat 1.8

Ario

Turbocharged

Hi fellow bro out there,

am thinking to get a used B7 Passat. Can i check are there still issues with the gearbox?

Thanks.

most advice is... if you really want passat, make sure it's 2.0L because you are definitely going to want the 6-speed wet DSG

↡ Advertisement

most advice is... if you really want passat, make sure it's 2.0L because you are definitely going to want the 6-speed wet DSG

thanks! i understood.

you know jolly well the answer.

Yes, after reading much of the forums here.....Thanks!

thanks! i understood.

Yes, after reading much of the forums here.....Thanks!

passat was on on list until i chickened out and the depreciation is not that fantastic either.

passat was on on list until i chickened out and the depreciation is not that fantastic either.

i was nearby the used car shop and i went to take a look. nice car and feels good. But...the dsg box is....

i was nearby the used car shop and i went to take a look. nice car and feels good. But...the dsg box is....

Try to get the 2012 1.8 as the annual depre is almost the same as an 08/09 Altis. [:p]

Turbocharged

it seems most people here have the same feeling;

Volkswagens are @#$%ing great cars [grin]

that is, when they aren't having some sort of problem

:a-panic:

I have a two different German made car. One of them is a Passat.

I find VW offer better value with higher spec.

But again "great cars" or "good cars" are always subjective.

I have a buddy told me that he has this or that features on his car....and I told him I had it long ago on my Passat. [:p]

I have a two different German made car. One of them is a Passat.

I find VW offer better value with higher spec.

But again "great cars" or "good cars" are always subjective.

I have a buddy told me that he has this or that features on his car....and I told him I had it long ago on my Passat. [:p]

the auto park feature is not bad..

Just that the handling macam Merc MAsterpiece E200

New Passat.

Very spacious rear leg room. Can cross legs.

Great all rounder. I don't see why one should spend more on competitor German marques like BMW 520i or Merc E200, other than for snob appeal.

post-27974-0-20959300-1441288260_thumb.jpg

It is a good car,but the gearbox still a bit worrying :a-noway: ...only if they change to a ZF 9 speeder from the Land Rover...the problem will be gone.

New Passat.

Very spacious rear leg room. Can cross legs.

Great all rounder. I don't see why one should spend more on competitor German marques like BMW 520i or Merc E200, other than for snob appeal.

The S$156K model is very basic. No reverse camera, No Navi.....the HU is like really pathetic. If anyone would go for the Passat B8, they should consider forking out 10K more for the S$164K model.....almost everything is there except for Dynamic Chassis Control, Adaptive Cruise Control, AntiTheftAlarm, etc. Probably these have been reserved for the 2.0 model coming at the end of this year.

Something changed on the B8 as well.....the glove box is much smaller, the arm rest storage shrank like 50% ! The right side storage box also shrank ! There is no more push key start anymore ( deleted ). Nevertheless, it is much more plush than the B7 ! If only this is not on the MQB platform.....if only ! :-(

Edited by Cbx750p
  • Praise 1

The S$156K model is very basic. No reverse camera, No Navi.....the HU is like really pathetic. If anyone would go for the Passat B8, they should consider forking out 10K more for the S$164K model.....almost everything is there except for Dynamic Chassis Control, Adaptive Cruise Control, AntiTheftAlarm, etc. Probably these have been reserved for the 2.0 model coming at the end of this year.

Something changed on the B8 as well.....the glove box is much smaller, the arm rest storage shrank like 50% ! The right side storage box also shrank ! There is no more push key start anymore ( deleted ). Nevertheless, it is much more plush than the B7 ! If only this is not on the MQB platform.....if only ! :-(

To me, the "basic" Passat is considered very luxurious.

Maybe because I have been driving low end bread and butter Jap cars all my life, whereby rattles within the cabin, wind entering the cabin via window seals or a KIAK sound when going over a hump is considered normal.

Edited by Vinceng

Something changed on the B8 as well.....the glove box is much smaller, the arm rest storage shriank like 50% ! The right side storage box also shrank ! There is no more push key start anymore ( deleted ). Nevertheless, it is much more plush than the B7 ! If only this is not on the MQB platform.....if only ! :-(

What's wrong with the MQB platform? The Audi A3 also using it, along with the new golf

What's wrong with the MQB platform? The Audi A3 also using it, along with the new golf

It's a long story which only folks like myself would understand. To make the story short...many thing we did for the previous models cannot be done on the Passat B8 because of MQB ! So sad.....sad sad !

To me, the "basic" Passat is considered very luxurious.

Maybe because I have been driving low end bread and butter Jap cars all my life, whereby rattles within the cabin, wind entering the cabin via window seals or a KIAK sound when going over a hump is considered normal.

Luxurious and more luxurious is only 10K apart. Not even 10% more. Those who buy the base model would only live to regret it. Mark my words....many base Golf 7 buyers I met, regretted their decision.

It's a long story which only folks like myself would understand. To make the story short...many thing we did for the previous models cannot be done on the Passat B8 because of MQB ! So sad.....sad sad !

Luxurious and more luxurious is only 10K apart. Not even 10% more. Those who buy the base model would only live to regret it. Mark my words....many base Golf 7 buyers I met, regretted their decision.

The differences between the 1.8 Comfortline and Highline models are: (i) sunroof; (ii) navigation; and (iii) rear view camera. All the other equipment are the same. How much "more luxurious" are these 3?

The differences between the 1.8 Comfortline and Highline models are: (i) sunroof; (ii) navigation; and (iii) rear view camera. All the other equipment are the same. How much "more luxurious" are these 3?

Did not go thru the two with a fine tooth comb.....wheels are different ? 17 vs 18 ? The seats are different ! That's for sure !

↡ Advertisement