Need some serious advice for accident!

Lavender05

Hi everyone, I need some advice for an accident with a taxi.

This afternoon while driving, I was behind a taxi at the traffic light waiting for the (green turn-left arrow). The taxi is the 1st car and I'm the second.

Ok, now the green turn-left arrow came out and the taxi moves so did I. Suddenly a pedestrian ran out of the road which causes the taxi to jam brake.

Now, my reaction wasn't fast enough to jam brake also to avoid a collision as Im not spiderman. So my front bumper hit onto the taxi rear which causes a dent in both our cars.

The taxi driver said he will claim my insurance. But now the thing is what solutions do I have for now ? (this is my first accident so some help from bros and sis here will be much appreciated)

Thank thank

↡ Advertisement

Actually, sounds clear and simple enough.

Unless you want to privately settle with the taxi driver, best to just inform yor insurnce company and proceed to get your car repaired at insurance company designated/approved workshop

dun play play

taxi will claim you $5k-$10k including exaggerated repair cost from workshop, lost of income, medical (if any), bla bla bla

too many horror stories liao

Edited by Wt_know

This afternoon while driving, I was behind a taxi at the traffic light waiting for the (green turn-left arrow). The taxi is the 1st car and I'm the second.

Ok, now the green turn-left arrow came out and the taxi moves so did I. Suddenly a pedestrian ran out of the road which causes the taxi to jam brake.

Now, my reaction wasn't fast enough to jam brake also to avoid a collision as Im not spiderman. So my front bumper hit onto the taxi rear which causes a dent in both our cars.

The taxi driver said he will claim my insurance. But now the thing is what solutions do I have for now ? (this is my first accident so some help from bros and sis here will be much appreciated)

Thank thank

In my opinion... nothing much for you to fight....you should be alert and kept a distance from the front vehicle...it just unlucky that such thing happened

Thank thank

Just let him claim insurance, no point privately settle when you are at fault with Taxi, when the Taxi goes for repairs they will claim loss of use anyway and it will be more expensive than claiming.

Then learn a lesson, don't follow so closely that you will not have time to brake in future.

Hmmm how did u managed to create a thread with just a single post? [confused]

Back to your accident. Pretty straight forward. U didn't keep a safe distance. Either u privately settle with the taxi loh or be prepare to pay higher premium upon renewal.

Btw do u have any incar vedio recorder?

Back to your accident. Pretty straight forward. U didn't keep a safe distance. Either u privately settle with the taxi loh or be prepare to pay higher premium upon renewal.

Reg. single post: I don't know? I just did.

Nope, no incar recorder.

Anyway, I wasn't tailgating nor anywhere near the taxi at all. It's just that the taxi braked too sudden after our cars both moved at a constant speed.

I've had a few of these same incidents with taxis whereby they brake suddenly just to pick-up/drop-off customers, but i managed to brake in time at those situations,

didn't know why I didn't this time. Sigh..

dun play play

taxi will claim you $5k-$10k including exaggerated repair cost from workshop, lost of income, medical (if any), bla bla bla

too many horror stories liao

means the taxi driver is going to have paid leave ?

fyi: the taxi rear bumper only have a minor dent.

In my opinion... nothing much for you to fight....you should be alert and kept a distance from the front vehicle...it just unlucky that such thing happened

Yup its so unlucky!..

Yet the main culprit(pedestrian) gets away with nothing.

Reg. single post: I don't know? I just did.

Nope, no incar recorder.

Anyway, I wasn't tailgating nor anywhere near the taxi at all. It's just that the taxi braked too sudden after our cars both moved at a constant speed.

I've had a few of these same incidents with taxis whereby they brake suddenly just to pick-up/drop-off customers, but i managed to brake in time at those situations,

didn't know why I didn't this time. Sigh..

No offend intended. New driver ?

My advise for u is to keep your attention on the front vehicle when turning/coming out from small road onto any major road. Never ASSUME the front vehicle will move off in sync with u. Only when u are first in line; stop, check for on coming traffic. Driving habit hard to change but better to start now than later. Safe driving. [drivingcar]

means the taxi driver is going to have paid leave ?

fyi: the taxi rear bumper only have a minor dent.

he will have paid leave (loss of income while his taxi is being repaired) and probably year-end bonus too.... did you take photos of the taxi damage? that will help mitigate taxi damage exaggeration.... but still hv to prepare to receive medical claim.

Think the "25 posts then can create thread" rule only applies in "lite and ez" la bro..

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showto...p;#entry4652091

Guess he post it at FAQ and help

No offend intended. New driver ?

My advise for u is to keep your attention on the front vehicle when turning/coming out from small road onto any major road. Never ASSUME the front vehicle will move off in sync with u. Only when u are first in line; stop, check for on coming traffic. Driving habit hard to change but better to start now than later. Safe driving. [drivingcar]

Not really new, about 3 yrs+.

Alrite, will remember that, thanks for your advice. :)

TS, if i were u i will run to catch hold the stupid pedestrain and tell him i got in car camera... if really wan to play dan see who lose...

TS, if i were u i will run to catch hold the stupid pedestrain and tell him i got in car camera... if really wan to play dan see who lose...

then what ? ask the pedestrain to pay ?

↡ Advertisement