Jobless? Pine Garden is hiring!

Sabian

I have patronize them for decades. They are an honest business.

Many people come from as far as woodlands to by their birthday cakes for kids.

then why they need to do delivery ??

I have patronize them for decades. They are an honest business.

Many people come from as far as woodlands to by their birthday cakes for kids.

I also buy from them. Article got say they dishonest meh?

This wkend I coming from Jurong West to buy their cake for my kid.

Can't they cope with the way they cope before the foreign wave? In fact there are definitely more ppl for them to hire since there are much more ppl in this country.

(edited)

then why they need to do delivery ??

Cake shop cannot do delivery? Maybe they also do corporate sales?

The point is entrepreneurs have to pay for rental/ equipment/ utilities/ labour.

As long as the entrepreneur gets his margin, it really doesn't matter (in the short term) what makes up the cost. So rental can go up, utilities can go up, equipment can go up bec the easiest component to squeeze is labour.

When they cannot squeeze the sugar cane any further, they bring in foreign sugar canes.

Now when the govt turn down the foreign sugar cane spigot, the entrepreneur feels like the sugar cane now.

Edited by Sabian

It is always a happy problem if the business is good and the problem is on delivery driver.

Would you still buy if price increase by 10% or 15%? i believe the major cost increase are on the raw material and other expenses rather than to pay higher wages to delivery driver.

I am not referencing the article. I am merely recommending them.

Another greedy small local business owner.

He has enjoyed so much profiteering from cheap labor last few years - now it is time to shape up his processes but he wants easy way out.

The typical type - bought/rebuilding big landed houses from living off cheap foreign labor and now profits slightly down so kao pei.

Buy cheaper furniture lah. [laugh]

Anyway, desprite the sentiment towards FWs & FTs, & I can totally understand the need to tighten new immigrants. But to deny renewal of permit is imo a bad decision, unless there is good ground, like criminal records or the person is actually not working.

Imagine if you put time & effort to trains all these workers, then the next round of renewal, they cannot get renewal, & you have to rehire & retrain people again?

Another greedy small local business owner.

He has enjoyed so much profiteering from cheap labor last few years - now it is time to shape up his processes but he wants easy way out.

The typical type - bought/rebuilding big landed houses from living off cheap foreign labor and now profits slightly down so kao pei.

Buy cheaper furniture lah. [laugh]

You can't slam the businesses also. The policy allowed them to do so.

Of all the types of cost, lowering the wages of the low-income is the path of least resistance in SG. Now suddenly, they are told they cannot pluck the low hanging fruit, you can't blame them for feeling like they kenna turned on but the girl suddenly say she doesn't feel like doing it.

It is always a happy problem if the business is good and the problem is on delivery driver.

Would you still buy if price increase by 10% or 15%? i believe the major cost increase are on the raw material and other expenses rather than to pay higher wages to delivery driver.

If they are 100% SG owned, I would and they make decent cakes.

Not spectacular but decent enough that I'd buy.

If they are 100% SG owned, I would and they make decent cakes.

Not spectacular but decent enough that I'd buy.

but his only delivery guy is a PRC leh [:(]

if his good business was due to price, then increase price will see customer go away, but if the good business is due to quality, then chances customer will still return if price increase by 10%-15%. win-win lor :D

no guarantee that local would want to work though [rolleyes]

but his only delivery guy is a PRC leh [:(]

if his good business was due to price, then increase price will see customer go away, but if the good business is due to quality, then chances customer will still return if price increase by 10%-15%. win-win lor :D

no guarantee that local would want to work though [rolleyes]

It's tough for local to take the job at the same pay as the prc lah. Unless locals can bunk in 6 pax in a 3 room flat. Don't have kids. Move his parents to the same China province (basically replicating the same cost structure as the PRC).

But that's kinda dumb? Grandfather come to Nanyang to sink roots only for grandson to move his parents (grandpa's offspring) back to his hometown in China?

Circle of life? [laugh]

Supercharged

What the govt should do is to lower the damm rental for commercial businesses, at the same time of reducing FT labour

This is to offset the increased cost of hiring local people.

↡ Advertisement