Malaysia: Hatten Hotel Melaka

Ftco

Have not go many years liao. Last I went was around 2007/8, quite old looking. Reckon they have renovated and growed old again. Maybe another reno coming? :D But it's the most convenient one of all. Close to many places.....

I have only stayed in Equatorial during my trips to Malacca. I haven't tried other hotels before....

Have they renovated the rooms recently?

Edited by Kangadrool
↡ Advertisement

think casa del rio hotel rates is most ex there.

it's more for ambience ...im planning to go KL in july staying in shang [laugh]

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Have not go many years liao. Last I went was around 2007/8, quite old looking. Reckon they have renovated and growed old again. Maybe another reno coming? :D But it's the most convenient one of all. Close to many places.....

Don't know lah....I went there in Dec 2012 and it has not been renovated yet. But they did renovate their hotel in Cameron Highlands thou....

Yes, in Malacca I'll only choose Equatorial, or Hatten, for their location and also because they have full hotel facilities like swimming pool, room/porter service, secured car park, etc..

Hi bro,

I remember last time I go thru the Msia immigration to go jb, I pay in cash. Now must pay by TnG card liao.

Where to buy this card locally?

Thnxs a lot.

Yes....correct.

But I am not sure if he (Cooliechang) was asking about the immigration booth, or the toll booth ?!?!

Supercharged

Hi bro,

I remember last time I go thru the Msia immigration to go jb, I pay in cash. Now must pay by TnG card liao.

Thnxs a lot.

It is not sold in Singapore.

One method is to ask someone who's going JB to buy one card for you, and bring it out. Another method is to borrow's someone else TnG card temporary, to go in/out. Otherwise, you have to buy one on-the-spot when you enter the CIQ in JB.

Hi bro,

Thnxs a lot.

Buy last row in malaysian immigration. Local don't sell

Agree. Only the buildings look big. The deco & facilities don't look fantastic.

Yah i see the room cheap cheap type one, is it new hotel? The room interior looks old

just go to casa del rio, dun waste time on Majestic hotel unless you like the old historical stuff. Casa del rio is at ideal location, walking distant to Jonker, makan place, and probably 10min walk to Mahkota.

Yah, we stayed at Casa Del Rio and the location was very good, could walk to Jonker very easily. Parking was also very secure.

Parking there is quite limited I heard?

Yah, we stayed at Casa Del Rio and the location was very good, could walk to Jonker very easily. Parking was also very secure.

Just came from a biz trip to Melaka. Stayed in Hatten. Wasn't really impressed. Although the room is quite big, wasn't really cosy. There are already some signs of age on the wall papers. The toilets wasn't very impressive as well. Vanity top was stained with water mark & the knob to switch between rain & hand shower was stuck permanently in rain shower mode. No bathtub...Otherwise the location of the Hotel was quite good with the major shopping places within walking distance. Could have walked to Jonker as well but no time since I was there for work.

Supersonic

This hotel should consider quite new as compared with other hotels nearby?! But the location for this hotel really very good la, so if the problem not say very big, should able to live with it.

Supercharged

Just came from a biz trip to Melaka. Stayed in Hatten. Wasn't really impressed. Although the room is quite big, wasn't really cosy. There are already some signs of age on the wall papers. The toilets wasn't very impressive as well. Vanity top was stained with water mark & the knob to switch between rain & hand shower was stuck permanently in rain shower mode. No bathtub...Otherwise the location of the Hotel was quite good with the major shopping places within walking distance. Could have walked to Jonker as well but no time since I was there for work.

Yes, this Hatten has no bathtub. That's why I'll always choose Equatorial over Hatten, especially if my kids comes along....as both hotels are just opposite each other.

Another thing about this hotel... The entrance is freaking small for the size of the lobby! Very strange design. Not sure if this is a temporary one since part of the ground floor together with the mall is still undergoing reno.

(edited)

Yes, this Hatten has no bathtub. That's why I'll always choose Equatorial over Hatten, especially if my kids comes along....as both hotels are just opposite each other.

Am staying at Hatten now. Only Hatten suites come with bath tubs as confirmed by staff. Rate for suite is RM700 per night. Edited by Coolpica

Supercharged

Am staying at Hatten now. Only Hatten suites come with bath tubs as confirmed by staff. Rate for suite is RM700 per night.

Is it crowded there in Malacca now? School holidays for but SG & MY has already started liao... [laugh]

Is it crowded there in Malacca now? School holidays for but SG & MY has already started liao... [laugh]

Super crowdes. Msian school hols has begun as well. Traffic is bad and Jonker Street is super packed

Supercharged

Super crowdes. Msian school hols has begun as well. Traffic is bad and Jonker Street is super packed

As expected..... [laugh]

It should be less crowded after 15 Jun, probably.

Lol, Malacca always crowded, people seems like no other place to go?!

Guess it is popular with Singaporeans as it is 2 -3 hours drive away.
↡ Advertisement