Can company use ex-employee IC no to register something?

Plusnplus

Hi all,

need ask advice/ opinion:

i left the company about 1 year ago.

yesterday i just found that the company use my particular, especially my IC to register a private tender project.

is that a legal?

i'm not happy about this.

of course there is no lost from my side.

so should I do something?

can I do a police report?

i mean what the police can do?

or need hire a lawyer?

I mean for that case, i have no loss something, but how about in the future the company do something more funny2 again?

what i want, just do not want the company use my name again for anything.

thanks for any advice/ comment.

↡ Advertisement

Hi all,

yesterday i just found that the company use my particular, especially my IC to register a private tender project.

is that a legal?

or need hire a lawyer?

I mean for that case, i have no loss something, but how about in the future the company do something more funny2 again?

Use your name leh ... if anything goes wrogn, YOU are implicated leh.

when an employee left the company, the so called ex company are not supposed to exposed any information about the ex employee, i think this is totally not right. it basically posed a threat to the ex employee's privacy. Also companies are not allow to provide any info about their ex employee unless requested by law and not to any pother 3rd party. For TS, you can actually report this to the police that your ex company is using your particulars for 3rd party purposes without your authorisation. You can even persue legal against your ex company for infringement of privacy. Nevertheless the ex company should not have done this at all.

when an employee left the company, the so called ex company are not supposed to exposed any information about the ex employee, i think this is totally not right. it basically posed a threat to the ex employee's privacy. Also companies are not allow to provide any info about their ex employee unless requested by law and not to any pother 3rd party. For TS, you can actually report this to the police that your ex company is using your particulars for 3rd party purposes without your authorisation. You can even persue legal against your ex company for infringement of privacy. Nevertheless the ex company should not have done this at all.

Hi..,

thanks for comment.

I really want do soemthing about this.

to minimize my time and effort to settle this, it is better to go to police or directly talk to lawyer?

my thinking, if go to police, what police can do for not happen again in the future.

because it look like no crime happen at this moment.

if go to lawyer, what matter i can persue to that company since i have no loss anything until now?

or... just talk to ex-company to remove my name?

i have checked that the full name, phone contact no. and IC no. is me, but i really do not know about it.

if the PIC forget when do cut and paste, is that just so simple?

What private tender project? Best will be to report it to the party they are tendering to and ask them to invalidate the bid.

it is a crime to use other people's identity for any purposes without the knowledge of the identity owner.

it is their duty to check all info for the tender are in proper order, then submit.....

call the police

U better ask them remove. Ur ic means anything happen, u are legally liable. But of course, ur ex company is going to have a hard time proving why u should be legally liable. But when u are dragged into any court cases, be prepared to spend unnecessary money.

Hi all,

is that a legal?

or need hire a lawyer?

i think TS's concern is, if go police, what can/will the police do about it. Can they do anything in first place..?

Doesn't matter. Just report to make sure it is properly recorded. You can even make the police report online to save time.

Most important will be to contact the company and warn them and then contact the third party to inform them to void the bid.

Hi all,

is that a legal?

or need hire a lawyer?

private tender why need your IC to register????

you mean they submit tender bidding using your IC and not the company name???...................or use your Ic to collect tender documents???..........

Suggest you spend a small amount of money to get a lawyer to draft a demand letter to the company....it won't cost much...they will reply to your lawyer and this will be your record...

Hi all,

is that a legal?

or need hire a lawyer?

Can you check if they've been doing this repeatedly?

Btw, what would happen to them if you pulled out of the tender without telling them? It is under your NRIC afterall

Edited by Elfenstar

Hi all,

is that a legal?

or need hire a lawyer?

I think you should first approach the company and tell them to remove it. Otherwise u will follow up with legal

They are your ex company and the least you want is to burn bridges when it's simply a mistake or misunderstanding. Give them a chance to talk and see what they say first.

Hi all,

is that a legal?

or need hire a lawyer?

Using other people identity is a criminal offence. Make police report ASAP.

↡ Advertisement