Malay wedding

Ronleo

ok i leave you to report. His ip is logged. Perhaps he needs kopi at Irrawady

I dont like reporting pple lei....i prefer face to face discussion....can? Hahaha...tio yellow liao!

Edited by Eviilusion

I dont like reporting pple lei....i prefer face to face discussion....can?

who wan to see your monkey face [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

we Malays dont like non-Malays to attend our weddings as we know some use hdb void deck location for their funeral parlor

Maybe you only

My Chinese friends and colleagues are always excited and looking forward to indulging/enjoying the food on offer

The hongbao is secondary as the hosts are more than happy with their attendance

Depends on how close u r to the bride/groom. If very close, $50 would do. If normal friend/colleague $10-20 also can. Don worry..u wint b judged. Like many hv said, malay weddings they r more worried if ppl don come. The more the merrier holds its true meaning in malay weddings. Money later can talk.

I didnt even get back the money i paid for my wedding...but its ok. All i know is most of the ppl i invited came. I even rcvd a pc of newspaper cutting in one angpow. N another with 1ringgit.

Maybe you only

My Chinese friends and colleagues are always excited and looking forward to indulging/enjoying the food on offer

The hongbao is secondary as the hosts are more than happy with their attendance

Yeah, the aroma and taste of the marinated rice...sedap...

i was told before by a malay friend that when they have weddings, they like to invite chinese cos we tend to give more.. cos dont wanna lau kui...

but their friends and relatives usually yi si yi si.. sometimes 10 per pax... but like what some says here, they arent so much into the money part.. the crowd and company is more impt...

we chinese.. u dont come nvm, make sure angbao come... quite sad actually.

I usually give 30 to 50 for 1A, depending on how friend we are. I usually enjoy attending Malay wedding more than Chinese wedding as the setting is less formal and it allows you to interact more freely with the host and other guests, it is free seating and buffet style, so I can move around, eat only what I need and how long I hang around at the wedding is entirely at my option (if got kaki, can talk for hours, if not, an hour there should wrap things up nicely. It is less about face and more about sharing and celebrating a joyous occasion.

I hate having to spend 3 hours at a Chinese wedding, seated at the same table, often with people I barely know and eating mass produced banquet food that is usually crappy for the "price" I am paying (usually I end up over eating). But Chinese wedding can drink with kaki.

last time is about 8 years ago, also duno the market rate [blush] [blush]

I was told only recently the mkt rate is $20/head. So if go with wifey $40 or $50 should be ok.

and many minah will be there....dress to kill :wub:

Those minah do dress up hor...hmm nothing to see. I prefer when they are in their beach wear/count down party. [lipsrsealed]

↡ Advertisement