Malay wedding

Ronleo

since spore weather can be quite humid, a pair of jeans and polo T should be fine

Yes as long as u look presentable. Dress code very flexible.

↡ Advertisement

since spore weather can be quite humid, a pair of jeans and polo T should be fine

Jeans and polo T does not cut it. Remember that you want to look nice to grace the occasion.

Please dress like you're going to a ball. Dress pants with long sleeved shirt and colourful light dresses for ladies would be nice.

A pair of jeans is like going to work or market.

If you like to meet the groom/bride, ask him/her the time he/she would be at the wedding. That is also usually the most crowded time of the day and it means you have to wait for seats. I would say the peak period is from 12.30 to 3.

Personally, I prefer to be at weddings as early as possible. It is less crowded and you can take your time having your meal. : )

i am invited to a malay wedding this sunday. timing says 11am to 6pm. means i can come anytime within the timing? which time reach best?

For me, I will go before 12 noon as this is the non-peak period. Tried to avoid timing between 1 to 4 pm as this is the most peak period when the couple will be at the venue to take pictures and have lunch together with the guest.

I have seen during some Malay wedding that some non-Malay went there with bermuda. It is not advisable to be in bermuda, jeans with polo t-shirt is much more appropriate. Just my friendly view.

Jeans and polo T does not cut it. Remember that you want to look nice to grace the occasion.

Please dress like you're going to a ball. Dress pants with long sleeved shirt and colourful light dresses for ladies would be nice.

A pair of jeans is like going to work or market.

I would say at least dress smart casual, jeans is fine but dont wear those torn or faded colour jeans. But confirmed t-shirt and polo-t is not appropriate for such occasion.

i enjoy malay weddings more than any Chinese weddings.

the ambience is very relaxing. You can go anytme you want, hop from one table to another and talk to people, help yourself to the spread of buffet food, and once you are fully done, just say bye bye. OTOT. This is what a real wedding should be.

Chinese wedding is just too fake.

I would say at least dress smart casual, jeans is fine but dont wear those torn or faded colour jeans. But confirmed t-shirt and polo-t is not appropriate for such occasion.

Wear a proper shirt (SS or LS) with jeans is ok.

Best is wear batik shirts. They will love you

the ambience is very relaxing. You can go anytme you want, hop from one table to another and talk to people, help yourself to the spread of buffet food, and once you are fully done, just say bye bye. OTOT. This is what a real wedding should be.

agree. and tasty food, friendly and happy.

i am invited to a malay wedding this sunday. timing says 11am to 6pm. means i can come anytime within the timing? which time reach best?

Malay wedding easy going.

Just go n sit n eat n leave. Better go when u hungry only. Hee.

You can also hop from one table to another and talk to people in chinese wedding what!? :blink: Just that i find people in chinese wedding are either too lazy to move around or too anti-social?!

wedding offering gone wrong ...

That is not a wise stunt, in my opinion! Recently at a wedding near my place, I heard the revving of m/bike engines too! I doubt it has any cultural value. It is just created by some bike enthusiasts and causing pollution and things might just go wrong! A slip of the clutch will send the groom flying!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4