Finally! A Victory(weak) for Man in Sgp.

Watwheels

No longer a victim to the women's charter. :D

post-18163-1352432804_thumb.jpg

http://forums.asiaone.com/showthread.php?t=55584#1

Judge ordered lazy SG wife to get a job!!

Summarized:

Husband earns $2039/mth. After separation, the wife, unemployed, who is a degree graduate is asking for $2331/mth in maintenance. Judge thinks it's unreasonable, ask her to get a job and help raise the daughter.

Edited by Watwheels
↡ Advertisement

No longer a victim to the women's charter. :D

http://forums.asiaone.com/showthread.php?t=55584#1

Judge ordered lazy SG wife to get a job!!

Summarized:

Husband earns $2039/mth. After separation, the wife, unemployed, who is a degree graduate is asking for $2331/mth in maintenance. Judge thinks it's unreasonable, ask her to get a job and help raise the daughter.

victory is accorded only to the weak.

in this case, the husband earn so little that's why the judge took pity on him.

in most other cases, if husband decent income, victory wont come so easily.

(edited)

I think that with such an example defense lawyers will use this case as a reference in divorces cases involving graduate women in future.

I think something has to be done. Men can be a victim to the marriage too. If a woman setup a honey trap, get pregnant, force marriage, dan divorce, get alimony and free meal ticket.

It makes no sense for sgp to have the women's charter coz women especially educated ones have more or less equal opportunities when it comes to getting employment.

Edited by Watwheels

hell have no fury like a women scorned..with women's charter..will suck men dry.

My uncle had to take up 2 jobs + part time taxi driver during the wkend to pay alimony..

the ex wife sit at home shake leg...

report to court or police i think if uncle gave her even a $$ less...sibeh cialat.

My good friend earns S$3000 a month and with 3 kids, guess what? The ex-wife is asking $2000 for herself and $1000 each for the 3 kids. ( $5000 a month )

At first she got it. But since there is no way he can pay. He defaulted and was jailed ( read: JAIL ) subsequently by stupid judges ( sorry to say this ) before the stupid judge finally realise he is a big fool.

With the new CJ in Sunderesh Menon, who is reputed to be a GOOD MAN, I hope the Woman Charter can be fairer to the men.

the main question when the wife was awarded the amount, did your friend ever make more than that? if not how to qualify that they were spending these amount before? :huh: if yes where the extra come from?

My good friend earns S$3000 a month and with 3 kids, guess what? The ex-wife is asking $2000 for herself and $1000 each for the 3 kids. ( $5000 a month )

At first she got it. But since there is no way he can pay. He defaulted and was jailed ( read: JAIL ) subsequently by stupid judges ( sorry to say this ) before the stupid judge finally realise he is a big fool.

With the new CJ in Sunderesh Menon, who is reputed to be a GOOD MAN, I hope the Woman Charter can be fairer to the men.

Edited by Jman888

A seriously outdated law that should be re-written as Children's Charter.

In the event of divorce, bot sides must contribute a fixed amount towards their kids.

If no kids, just split everything 50-50 or hire lawyers to fight your own civil case

Too bad no politician have the backbone to suggest this

Still puzzle how come the judge will allow such thing to happen? The alimony amount is more than the earning of the guy? [confused] How could the person able to find that extra money from? By working 24 hours a day ar?

Still puzzle how come the judge will allow such thing to happen? The alimony amount is more than the earning of the guy? [confused] How could the person able to find that extra money from? By working 24 hours a day ar?

more like the guy never hire a good lawyer to fight and defense.

usually when come to such cases, men feel more guilty than women hence is not thinking of their own 'right' and let the women lawyer to ask and ask from the court.

Supercharged

A seriously outdated law that should be re-written as Children's Charter.

A more appropriate name would be "Family Charter".

It should protect everyone in the family, not only the women!!!

the main question when the wife was awarded the amount, did your friend ever make more than that? if not how to qualify that they were spending these amount before? :huh: if yes where the extra come from?

My friend has parents who are pretty supportive of him and helped to pay for many items in his marriage life. Therefore the wife became spoilt brat and after marriage, she want the same lifestyle ( which is possible only because her in-laws chipped in with their retirement money ).

errrr........... drive taxi... -_-

some joker earned $7k driving taxi .... [:p]

↡ Advertisement