Toyota 86 (scion frs)

Antonee

Delivery is very very bad! Ordered in mid March and still waiting for delivery! After several delays, we are now told to wait till end July/August 2013!

[mad] [mad] [mad]

Delivery is very very bad! Ordered in mid March and still waiting for delivery! After several delays, we are now told to wait till end July/August 2013!

[mad] [mad] [mad]

Wow, this is a long wait..

Twincharged

[mad] [mad] [mad]

Then cancelled the 86,get the Subaru BRZ.![i think got ready stock,they are 'almost' the same car]

(edited)

Correct me if I am wrong. But wasn't scion a US model, & only available as RHD?

Isn't the US/Canada FR-S LHD? :huh:

Edited by Holdenutessv

Plain jane and boring. ... [sleeping]

Agreed,esp the interior,Toyota & Subaru should did a better interior on a premium[at least in S'pore] sports car..Interior looks no better than Altis.

Agreed,esp the interior,Toyota & Subaru should did a better interior on a premium[at least in S'pore] sports car..Interior looks no better than Altis.

great minds think alike.[grin] ...... :D

what irks me is subaru engine in a toyota body zzzzz why nv contract yamaha to build a nice 4 banger like 3sge....

Edited by Ivanpaseo

Its interior has been watered down so as to keep a low kerb weight of 1200kg+.

If you want a premium interior with soft-touch plastics and leather everywhere, the 86 is not the car to go for and you are missing the whole point of getting the 86.

Its interior has been watered down so as to keep a low kerb weight of 1200kg+.

If you want a premium interior with soft-touch plastics and leather everywhere, the 86 is not the car to go for and you are missing the whole point of getting the 86.

People who say that the interior is not good not up to standard etc is probably saying these to make them feel better because they know they will never buy this car and probably can't afford to. Why make these comments when it is not a LEXUS or BMW for goodness sake....it is entirely in a different class of it's own. It is a Japanese sports coupe not a luxury sedan.

I personally think the 86 looks really good. Have never driven one before but I looking at the reviews on the web, it is hard not to enjoy this car...

I have to agree with you on this. To me a car has to have that zest and fun factor, comes as a package hard to explain. For example, people know RX-8 has very bad fuel consumption, reliability issues and passenger seat dash cracking but people still buy them. Why? because only those who enjoy driving knows that the handling is second to none for the class and price.

And these factors greatly outweight the bad points.

Edited by Ooosh

what irks me is subaru engine in a toyota body zzzzz why nv contract yamaha to build a nice 4 banger like 3sge....

Yeah ! Might as well put own 2 litre VVTI engine. But then, it will not be a collaboration anymore. :mellow:

Correct.

And did you know Toyota had specifically designed the rear boot space (with rear bench seats folded down of course) to accommodate 4 tires? This is for people who wanted to bring track-specific tires and wheels to be changed at the track for some driving fun. There is also a narrow indicator moulded on top of the centre of the dashboard so that the driver can have a visual reference of the vehicle centreline when they are drifting or nailing that apex.

It is obvious who the target audience are. Definitely not boulevard cruisers or posers.

Another interesting fact is that the inner diameter of the exhaust tips are exactly 86mm, along with the bore & stroke of that boxer engine to be exactly 86mm x 86mm.

The devil is in the details, really. [;)]

↡ Advertisement