S-league (Singapore professional soccer league)

LoverofCar

I supported Hougang United and will always be. Any other club supporters? Please come in to post update of your clubs....Let this thread be an active thread to give your clubs a boost.

Edited by LoverofCar
↡ Advertisement

i hope the marquee signings will take off....

i really wish they can pull off something like what Johor FC did....

can you believe they got Daniel Guiza on loan? Daniel effing Guiza from La Liga.

Spanish legend, La Liga top scorer, European Cup winner, and still 32 years old, playing in M-league next season :D

225687hp2.jpg

might be such big name but in the level of Robbie Fowler or Harry Kewell is possible...

s-league fans are an intelligent and discerning lot football-wise. They know their stuff.

i think ppl might come see fowler or kewell initially but eventually will fizz off when they see how ordinary they've become :D

should be someone just past their prime in a top european league, but still way too good for asia.

eg the bunch of out-of-contract mercenaries at qpr... park ji sung, cisse, bosingwa, wright-phillips, zamora etc

s-league fans are an intelligent and discerning lot football-wise. They know their stuff.

i think ppl might come see fowler or kewell initially but eventually will fizz off when they see how ordinary they've become :D

should be someone just past their prime in a top european league, but still way too good for asia.

eg the bunch of out-of-contract mercenaries at qpr... park ji sung, cisse, bosingwa, wright-phillips, zamora etc

Harry Kewell is still good but I have doubt on Robbie Fowler....those that you mention above are still way to expensive now...may be another 2 to 3 years...they will be affortable...

This excellent player could be on his way to play in S league next session. Used to play for Fulham and QPR. He is only 29 years old...

Zeshan "Zesh" Rehman (Urdu: ذيشان رحمان; born 14 October 1983)[2] is a British Pakistani football defender who plays for Kitchee in the Hong Kong First Division League. He was the first British Asian to start a Premier League match and is the first to have played in all four divisions of professional football in England. He also plays for the Pakistan national football team and was the first Pakistani international footballer to play professional football in England, Thailand and Hong Kong.[3][4]

He started his career at Fulham and made a total of 21 league appearances. During his time at Fulham he had loan spells at Brighton & Hove Albion and Norwich City. Having previously represented England at under-18, under-19 and under-20 levels, in 2005 he made his debut for Pakistan. A transfer to Queens Park Rangers followed and he went on to make 46 appearances for the west London-based club. During his three-year stint there he went on loan to Brighton & Hove Albion, Blackpool and Bradford City. The third transfer of his career involved him moving to Bradford on a free transfer in June 2009. So far Rehman has made eight appearances for the Pakistan national team and has participated in the World Cup 2010 qualifiers. Outside of football he is known for being an ambassador for Kick It Out, the Asian Football Network and the Show Racism The Red Card campaign. In addition to this he has appeared on BBC Radio 1Xtra and writes a blog for The PFA as a Management Committee Member (http://www.thepfa.com/news/2012/10/29/zesh-rehman-together-we-can-achieve-more), as well as running his own foundation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zesh_Rehman

More updates on star players signing for 2013 S league...

SAFFC seeking to sign ex-Tottenham Hotspur and ex-Japan international player, Kazuyuki Toda.

Ex-Man City/Hull City attacking midfielder Geovanni for Tampines Rovers and ex-Fulham central defender Zesh Rehman for Home United..

Geovanni:

snap-63.png

Edited by LoverofCar

Sembawang rangers fan here. Now no longer follow sleague because my club is gone. Used to sit in Ibrahim's corner at home games. Love to give abuses to tan Kim leng and billy bone. Sleague fans and fans from tampines and grylang should know why.

woodlands Wellington was one of the best team then....when they are under Vega...known as the mouth of the north...

Oh...sorry I mixed them up with another team :wacko:

Yeah Woodlands Wellington finished second behind Geylang International...correct?

Oh...back then there wasn't any Home United, and no SAF Warriors as well.

There was also a team called Sembawang Rangers? [:/]

Sembawang rangers fan here. Now no longer follow sleague because my club is gone. Used to sit in Ibrahim's corner at home games. Love to give abuses to tan Kim leng and billy bone. Sleague fans and fans from tampines and grylang should know why.

Wow! Are there still any Sembawang Rangers shirts that can be bought?

I don't mind buying one [laugh]

haha, tampines rovers for me too before I was enlisted to serve NS.

i remember some of the best matches then , tampines vs geyland in 1996 with a full house crowd, remember the cheerleaders [:p]

and yes, tampines was crap then, their best foreigner was a brazilian, marco anthonio if i spell correctly who seems to fall more than score.

i remember woolands wellington was a powerhouse, their foreign player was all ex-M-League, joe caleta, ervin boban, sandro radun. i remember they played in the final of the tiger beer series against geylang at the national stadium, best match in my opinion.

Yes that's why I remembered wrongly lol.

Woodlands Wellington were led by Sundramoorthy back then? (wrong again?)

S-League back in 1996 was more fun...not so much nowadays.

Yes that's why I remembered wrongly lol.

Woodlands Wellington were led by Sundramoorthy back then? (wrong again?)

S-League back in 1996 was more fun...not so much nowadays.

venga was the manager from starts...

↡ Advertisement